Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed is smelling though pillbottole in airtight container

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by austyn12, Jan 17, 2013.

1. that u and i post in different areas in the forum. fucks that say about u? that question couldnt be more moronic, lol. im done with u buddy. enjoy ur ten year deep run on an internet forum. hahahahahah

2. A plastic pill bottle is one of the worst containers for weed. It's far from airtight and the plastic holds static which attracts trichomes that break off. Use a cheap mason jar or any glass container that has a hermetically sealed lid.

3. hmm that might be good for making keif without grinding it up.

4. bitch to collect due to said static, also it likes to tend to get a light covering, then no longer collect anymore from my experience with pill bottles (short lived as it was when i saw my bud was bone in a day)

5. Yes, washing is key. If you really want the smell gone, double or triple container it then wash the outside like mentioned above. If you pick up trichs on your fingers, then touch the bottle it's all over. Doesn't seem like much, but it doesn't take much either.

6. Incontinence?

7. A pill jar is hardly air tight

8. Get the dick out your ass and lighten up. He said nothing to cause a reaction.

9. Saw a program on TV about smuggling the other day. This dude had absolutely sealed his weed airtight in a container inside a gas tank. The container was welded shut, and the weed was vac packed inside that container. So how did he get caught? The dogs couldn't smell the weed thru the gas tank, but the idiot touched the door with dirty hands and the dogs smelled the door then alerted the customs people. Since the dogs barked at the door, they figured it must be somewhere. That's how they found it....so remember when you're mailing weed, WASH WASH and then WASH YOUR HANDS OVER AND OVER each time you touch weed or a bag with weed inside. Damm dogs!!

Oh well....he was just a dumb ass mexican dope mule anyway

10. I got a pill container the one that is long, it holds like 14 grams alright. but i couldnt find my other one and i fit a whole ounce, well like 25 grams in the pill container, it was squished, found the other contaner 6 hours later
    not both of them are full LOL.
    plus a little small glass mason jar that holds like 4 grams.

11. dude i can mail u a mason jar they are cheap and totally conceal the smell of weed lol

12. There is obviously smell on the outside of the container or on your clothing.

Or its not airtight. Check for small leakages

13. I bought a Gonzo Bag online, can't smell shit through that thing. Its an air tight bag that uses activated charcoal to absorb and trap odors. Not even a dog can smell it, assuming you're not an idiot and touch the outside of the bag. The big ones can fit up to 6 lbs

14. #35 Hashtag46n2, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    I've grown at least 4-5 strains in which I absolutely could not cover the smell.

I always use the GIANT Mason Jars to cure my harvests..

Those strains, my God....
    First sealed in a Mason jar, and locked up in a floor safe(which I double sealed with weather stripping to cover the smell) .. This safe is in my weather stripped sealed closet, bolted down and half buried into my foundation of the house.

This is in the very back of my house in my bedroom.

Even with all those barriers, you walk in my front door, and the pungent aroma of dank smacks ya right in the face...the moment you walk in..haha

So, I had another harvest of Kush doctor, and I knew I was going to have the same issue.. So, I went against all my practices, after curing in jars for a week, I transferred to Ziplocks, I triple bagged and wrapped in Saran Wrap ....

Still, the moment you came in the front door, BAM.. Skunk funk in the face.

There are some strains, that you can NOT cover up, believe me...lol

I even took a carbon filter in my closet from my grow, still could smell it.

I donated an ounce to a guy.

He is my best bud's Uncle, and suffers from PTSD..
    He looks at me, and keeps burying his nose in the bag going...

"Ohh my God!! Smells soo good"

"Wait, I can't drive around with this" it stinks too bad, what am I going to do?"

So, I Triple zip locked, Saran Wrap, placed in a giant mason jar then placed coffee beans over the bag...haha

He was still paranoid, so I told him to get a cooler and pack with food, especially lunch meat..jar goes on the bottom..
    If a dog were to hit ...

"Of course he's hitting my cooler, it's packed full of roast beef."

Then we came to a stoner revelation .... What the fuck??? We are in Colorado...haha, 100% legal....haha.