Pax vs. arizer solo

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Dr Niarchos, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Yeah the price is the major thing for me. I can't have it break though too. The warranty would probably be a wise decision.

2. wow. Then I must have gotten one of the last ones. I got it around thanksgiving.

3. If you take care of your battery it won't happen.

4. I dunno bout that. I took very good care of my M106 Solo. Check out FC too, I'm not the only one, some units after 2-3 weeks were doing it, mine was after 6 months

5. A few of the newest models have been having this issue. Certainly a small percentage, but also not something as prevelant with previous models.

I can tell you I recently got the newest model from puffitup and its been fine except that the battery indicators seem to go down prematurely. Also been following a couple of other blades getting new solos and nothing yet.

6. Ive had my pax for about 4 months now..no worties

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

7. I would hold my solo in the air and do that but Its pretty much become my oxygen tank. So it must remain on and shooting vapor into my lung cavities 24/7

8. That's his signature, its just convenient when he posts in a pax thread haha

9. Fuck the gc app for not showing any difference in the Sig from a persons post

10. Lol

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

11. I had the solo and sold it to buy a pax.

I was disappointed with the pax since you can't get as much vapor out if it.
    The pax has the advantage of being stealth and I was smoking in front of my friends in a restaurant and they had no idea it was me.
    You have to pack more in the pax to get a decent cloud. Not to mention cleaning it is a pain in the ass. At one point my gf had to draw so
    Much it burned her lips a little
    I'm buying the 2013 version of the solo soon and you can get a stealth glass tube that attaches to a plastic straw so you can place it inside a McDonald's plastic cup and pretend you are drinking soda.
    Stay away from the pax, is not worth paying so much and not getting high

12. Thanks man. I'm going to go with the arizer deffentialy. Is the warranty stuff a hassle to deal with? Because if I do spend 160 on a Vape I want it to last.

13. Buy it from puffitup, they email you a return shipping label, you send it to them, and they mail you a new unit. Takes about 10 days round trip, which sucks, but theres no cost.

If you have any other vendors you want to use, ask them how they handle the warranty

14. It has to have no resin on it right?

15. I own a pax and love it but I was curious about a few things with the solo.Does the solo pack less bud in its stem then the pax in the herb chamber?Also does the vapor quality last longer in the solo?thanks

16. The Solo packs like .1 per bowl, PAX is much more, .4-.5

But with teh Solo its meant to be finished in one 12 minute sitting, the PAX is designed to leave the bud in the chamber, problem with that is the oven stays hot and continues to cook your bud even after you turn it off and put it in your pocket.

17. Im guessing that is the cause of the mouthpiece issue that many have had with the Pax.

IMO the Pax's design is FLAWLESS. However its simple.. if im paying that much for a vape its going to be CONVECTION.

Like someone stated above.. i have had my Solo for over a month havent cleaned it once. If you have a Pax that sure as hell isnt going to fly.

18. This ^

One of the main points i like to make !! I don't clean my solo :) I've also had it a month haven't cleaned it once. Still looks brand new.

Oh has anyone else noticed the solo is a fucking tank ? I dropped my solo on concrete and it bounced around like 3 times .... Still works 100% and has like 2 little nicks bearly noticeable....

Has anyone dropped there pax hardcore?

19. Oh man this is a tough one. As far as fresh out of the box performance, I like the pax, it is sleeker, smaller package. But the Solo is a solid performer, and needs less upkeep day to day. Also the price difference....

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong.

20. I also dropped my solo and nothing happened. I was happy with it because you get big clouds with just a little.
    With hash you can smoke like 3 times and get lots of smoke with just a little.
    I think the pax is an awesome design but not as functional as the solo.
    Also you can get an empty bookcase case holder for the solo on eBay where you can arrange everything inside of it and no one would guess is not a real book. It costs around $35 or so