First day of flowering!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PotheadRoy1, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Yeah thats normal man everyone is scared on their first grow including me. just think about it, you water twice a week at full strength out of 4 waterings, whats wrong with splitting that 2 full strength feeding across all four watering it is still 2 full strength feeding total a week and im betting you could probably step it up to 3/4 strength during the last 4 weeks of flowering. Thats what a lot of growers do is spike up the ppm a couple weeks before the week you flush

2. Okay i will try that and see how they do thanks for the help.do you know whr i can find one of those thermostat that can read temps from outside?

3. I think you mean inside the temp inside your tent, if so I got mine from amazon. Amazon.com: Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor: Home & Kitchen

4. No problem thats the exact one I bought. Remember 6.2 Ph 1/2 strength feeding and you will have some nuts in no time. oh and little tip the drying and curing process is just as if not more important than the growing process, usually the slower you dry the nugs and longer you cure the nugs the better the smoke. Never take short cuts with MJ no point in wasting all the time of growing if it the smoke is harsh and tastes bad. You should be fine man good luck

5. Blades are the most knowledeable horticulturalist.

6. Alright ill keep that in mind thanks for all the tips.what is the best and right way to dry and cure?

7. Number one make sure you cut the nugs off in the dark dont let the lights come back on. when the lights are on the plant is active and send what nutrients it has up the plant to the nugs, thats what you don't want so cut them in the dark. Dry the plant as a whole just cut the base stem and hang it upside down after you cut all the fan leafs(leave the sugar leafs attached during the drying process, helps to keep the aroma in the bud). if you cant cut the plant as a whole do it by the branch and hang it upside down. keep the humidity between 40% and 50% and keep the temp below 80 degrees. drying usually takes 4 to 7 days you test it by bending the stem if it snaps its ready for curing. Put it in a mason jar after cutting the sugar leafs off and open the jars up for some air every like 4 to 5 hours keep an eye for moisture on the jars feel the nugs and switch the nugs around every day bringing the bottoms ones to the top. If you see moisture leave the jars open for a good couple hours then close it back up and keep an eye on. you can cure for anywhere between a week to a month for a good cure your choice. Remember try to do this all in the dark invest in a green light, plants reflect the green spectrum.

8. Okay i will definitely keep this in mind! Thanks alot

9. Should i do the same for the mother i have 1/2 strength each watering?

10. #31 PotheadRoy1, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    Day 4 of flower
    The girls are looking good i think im starting to see bud sites!:) only one concern on my Sour D the tip of the leaves are a bit yellow and the bottom leaves are drying up can someone tell me what this could be?
    The mother is looking good as well growing and very green :).i will be feeding them 1/2 strength today as they are dry.
    PH is 6.0-6.2 :)
    ForumRunner_20130118_104004.png

ForumRunner_20130118_104032.png

ForumRunner_20130118_104105.png

ForumRunner_20130118_104142.png

ForumRunner_20130118_104205.png

ForumRunner_20130118_104228.png

11. I can see that they are no longer drooping. I'm not sure why the leaves are yellowing but I'm guessing nutrients. They are looking nice over all.

12. Dont worry about the leaves man as I recall the last time you feed them was 4 days before flowering and your just giving it a feeding so thats a big gap which is why the leafs are probably a little yellow. As for the bottom ones it either its not getting light (highly doubt it) or its cause you didn't feed them in a long time. On my first grow when I didn't feed it enough it started from the bottom up dying. So check them tomorrow and see how the plants are doing. Im sure with the Ph being 6 to 6.2, 1/2 strength nutrients and you not giving them nutrients for like a week is the cause. Nutrient burn I'm pretty sure is out of the question lol.

13. Yeah i wasnt real worried about the dropping because i had just transplanted them.and thanks for the complement :)

14. Okay i will keep a close eye on them i did take off the dry leaves.how are they looking so far?

15. mm I've never grown sativa so i dont know if the leafs are suppose to be that skinny, but if their suppose be, they are looking good your on the right track man keep it up and you will have nugs in no time.

16. oh and one more tip for your next grow, if your not dealing with auto flowers, before you go into the flowering stage turn the lights off for 24 hours. helps shock the plant into flowering therefor exposing the bud sites quicker.

17. This is how that strain looks.
    http://cannabispost.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/img00527-20100315-14101.jpg

Really thanks man yu saying tht makes me proud of my self!:)

18. Yeah i did read about tht and was told after i had already switched :/ but next time forsure i will do that thanks again :).i also messed up and vegged to long the owners manuel for the box says to veg for 10-14 days from clone cus of the hight limit and i vegged for 43days :/

19. No problem man you will get the hang of it in no time, its like learning to drive a car .Yeah man then the leafs are looking good, only thing is on that last pic( the one showing me what your tree should look like) it looks like the plant has some major deficiency. was that picture taken during the flushing stage?