Jacky Herer - CFL - Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by greenling, Jan 13, 2013.

1. #1 greenling, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Hello growers of the world!

This is my first post and i hope that everything works out fine with the pictures and all. :)

In this thread i would like to give you an insight in my ongoing organic closet
    grow. Its about 45 days in when i`m writing this and i just switched to
    flowering (12/12) a week ago.

My goal with this journal is to have fun, take as much advice as you are
    willing to give and hopefully make for an enjoyable read!

This is also my very first grow, and after a lot of reading online i fell for the
    philosophy behind organic growing as it appealed too me on many levels, and
    seemed like a good choice if you prefer quality over quantity.

A little base info about the grow:

Strain / Seeds:
    "Jacky Herer" (feminised) bought from highsupplies.com, Supposedly this is
    some sort of side strain of Jack Herer. My aim was to grow the award winning
    sativa dominant "Jack Herer" but couldnt find feminised seeds anywhere, so i
    took a chance on the "Jackys". From what i understand "Jacky Herer" is an indica dominant strain.

Soil:
    Weibulls "flower soil" that consists of:
    55% Sphagnum peat H2-4
    35% Sphagnum peat H5-7
    5% Sand
    5% mud

To this i added some bonemeal and some bloodmeal. I also blended in about a
    total 20% mix of vermaculite and perlite in the soil.

Light:
    200w CFL for vegetative phase
    250w CFL for flowering phase ( + maybe some 24w CFLs when i have fixed
    better ventilation )

Growing space:
    Closet that measures 60 / 60 / 150cm. Passive air intake at bottom. 100mm duct fan with carbon filter at the top.
    Walls painted white.

So!

Now that you know the basics of my setup i would like to continue with how i
    got started with my grow;

I decided to germinate 3 of my seeds directly into 1 liter pots. For medium i
    used the soil as it is described above. I moistened the soil and put the pots in a
    closet right above my fridge. A dark warm place that i hoped would be
    beneficial to the seeds.

By enclosing the pots in platsic bags i raised humidity and the seeds sprouted
    up and said hello after just 2 days. Unfortunately the plastic bags had made
    room for what i presumed was anaerobic bacteria in the soil, because it stank
    like poo..

Anyway, the little seedlings didn't seem to care much about that, but
    something curious happened to one of them a couple of days after i took them
    out in the light. Simply put i think it lost its head..

Yes indeed, one of the little seedlings had its first two leaves broken off in
    some way. I dont know how but it happened, could be because it got very dry
    one time.

The following reaction by the little plant was to me both fascinating and
    inspiring at the same time. Out of the tiny tiny broken stem a new pair of
    leaves just popped out.. Reminded me of some sci-fi movies and games where
    monsters regenerate their limbs..

Unfortunately i didn´t take any pictures for the first 3 weeks, but here some
    pictures of the 3 seedlings 21 days after i put the seeds in the soil.
    Up to this point i watered them with plain ( dechlorinated ) tap water and
    occasionally sprayed the leaves;

Closet overview:
    Jacky Herer Grow Closet - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Seedling No.1. placed in 15 liter Air Pot:
    No.1 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Seedling No.2. placed in 6 liter Air Pot:
    No.2 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Seedling No.3. placed in 3 liter Air Pot:
    2012-12-20_22_58_42 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

More to Come Soon!

[​IMG]

2. Looks great. Temps look good and leaves are all pretty. I probably would have waited a little longer to go into flower but I think you'll be ok. That little one though isn't going to do anything really though if you throw it into flower so early. Might Hermie?

3. Hello Tragidy! :wave:

Temps have been ranging between 28-32 degrees Celsius through the first period of the grow, but are today more stable at about 26-28 degrees.

When i went into flower a week ago they had been vegging for almost 40 days. The first pictures are from 20 days after germination. I will post more pictures of how the Jackys have grown through the end of december and beginning of januari a little later tonight :)

4. #4 greenling, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  5. I have no idea =) all i know is that its grows very very smallish. I understand it wont give me much to smoke but the mad scientist in me wants to see how it turns out :devious:

6. #6 greenling, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    Pics Update

Celebrating 1 month after germination. all 3 plants seemed to feel good in my closet. At this time i was also getting ready to whip up some worms castings tea that consisted of wormcastings / seaweed extract / guano extract / soybean meal and a little molasses.

Jacky No.1 also showed her first sign of sex this day. Its a Female!
    This was a very special moment for me even though i new the seeds where feminised =)

Growing these plants are so much fun and a perfect little secret hobby to spend time on!

The Closet:
    Jacky Herer Closet CFL Grow 1 month from germination! - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Jacky No.2:
    Jacky herer No.2 up close 1 month from germination - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Well hello there Ms Jacky! (Jacky No.1):
    Jacky Herer No.1 shows what she is made of =) Still in veg.. - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Jacky No.3 still hanging in there:
    Jacky Herer No.3 felleing better than ever! - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Getting ready to boil some organic juice =):
    Time to make some worm castings tea for my Jacky Herers =) - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

More of the progress up until today to come, when i start posting "real time" updates i will be more detailed about the progress as it is a bit harder to go in depth about past growth =)

/ Peace

7. Pics Update

The Jackys are now 42 days in from seed and have been in flowering cycle ( 12 / 12 ) for 6 days.

I have been feeding them my AACT mix of basically worm castings / seaweed extract / guano extract and occasionally some soy bean meal. They seem to like and up to this point no serious problems have occurred.

The lower leaves on No.1 are yellowing and dying, but i believe this is mostly due to insufficient lightning down below..

Around this time i also made an EXPERIMENT with worms castings and oat meal :devious: Trying to make some good fungus to put in my AACT... You can see the result in the picture below. As i have very limited knowledge of fungus and the fact that it smelled odd i did not use the result in my tea.

Maybe i should have? Comments on my fungus (?) are most welcome! =)

White fungus (?) made from mixing oat meal and worm castings and storing it dark and enclosed in a plastic bag for 3 days:
    Growing fungus in worms castings! - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

The Whole setup:
    Jacky Herer grow 42 days after germination and 6 days after start of flower - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Jacky Herer No.3:
    Jacky Herer No.3 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Jacky Herer No.1, with the help of some artistic lightning the structure of the plant comes out nicely!:cool::
    With the help of a little artistic lightning the structure of the Jacky Her - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Jacky Herer No.2 is gifted a bird view, enjoy!:
    Bird view of Jacky Herer No.2 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

8. Yes it was a relief to see those beautiful white hairs =) I will take some photos tomorrow morning of the progress of the pistels as they are in darkness now. Will also check out your grow when i have more time, looked interesting though when i gave it a quick glance yesterday!

Until then, behold the state of my grow as it looked this morning before i got to work, 46 days from seed and 10 days in flowering;

Jacky Herer Grow - Good morning Ladies! - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

9. A W E S O M E :hello:

Looking great man, I am excited to see my ladies jump up and start flowering. So impatient! Haha

Peace brother :smoking: