Aero Garden, is it good for weed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greekinator, Sep 25, 2006.

1. I dont think the light source is good enough...maybe for one plant. aeroponics is really good for weed. if you got a better light source than that would be perfect. Maybe try it out see if it works for you. I bet it would be really good for cloning

2. I think it will be ok for 4 lowryders. I'm sure it uses CFL's so getting bulbs should be OK.

If I had that sort of cash to throw away I'd give it a go.

3. that thing looks pretty cool i did some checking it uses 2 cfls in full spectrum not sure on watts but looks like it work. Greekinator email the company and ask what watt the bulbs are that it uses even the site they say to buy replacment bulbs from dont list the info. if i had the 150 id try it out

4. Q: How much energy does the AeroGarden use?
    A: The AeroGarden system has been designed for maximum efficiency. The entire system uses less energy than a single 60-watt light bulb.
    Q: What kind of light bulbs does it use?
    A: Aeroponics The AeroGarden uses full-spectrum compact fluorescent bulbs exclusively designed for the optimal amount and type of light needed for robust, healthy plant growth.

Hope that answers questions about the lighting. Sounds like ~2 30 watt cfl's. Sounds like it'd be ok for clones, but not too too much else.

5. yeah that would be a really good for cloning....and tomatoes

6. I called and they said two 26 watts
    you don't think that will grow them?
    if not couldn't I buy higher watt replacements?

7. the 26 watt cfl's are equavalent to 100 watts arent they?

8. - ha

Also seems to me that you arent able to control the light/water times? Sounds like those are done automatically, and things happen where you need to turn the light off, or you need to water outside of a scheduel.

9. can anyone reccomend any set ups?

10. that set up is for rich fany people to have erbs growing in their kitchen. you dont want it for growing pot. look up the magic aero-4 aeroponics kit it works like wonders and its only 55 bucks. you get rockwool hydrogen 2 part hydro nutes ph test kit(liquid drops) ph up and ph down. a pump a sprayer and 4 netpots it is everything you need besides a light and fan

11. I'd go with a bubbler system if its your first foray into hydro. Not so much to go wrong. Take the money you saved and buy a HID light.

12. You guys can save a few bucks on the Aerogarden at www.intomyhealth.com
    Feel free to use my lifetime coupon "shipfree10" and they'll take off 10% and ship it for free. (No, it's not my site, I just play a site owner on TV). I actually haven't bought one... yet 'cause I'm still in tire-kickin' mode.

13. It really works well, especially with small plants, I modded mine,

14. get the deluxe.
    the light can be extended like 2-3 feet.

this is more than enough to grow clones, you can youtube this and see people who have done this

15. I got the areoponics system, and i think it works very well...yall should get one and buy the "recipe for success kit." It makes my "babies" grow 10 times faster and stronger...its only been a week and 3 days and they are lookin lovely!!!

16. The Areogarden is okay for herb... Not great, youll find out that its a good way to learn to grow, but after a while you'll want bigger plants. My friend and I added a 120w cfl and the plants did way better. Now its just to grow kitchen herbs while we grow the good stuff in a DWC bubble bucket setup

17. DAM IT SO I PERRTY MUCH F$$KD UP MY MONEY...HMMM BUT IM A BEGINNER I WISH I WOULD OF KNEW THAT BUT THINK U FOR THE TIP THO BUT WILL I GET GOOD BUDS FROM IT STILL... AN I GOT SUM BUG SPRAY 2 DAY FOR THE PLANTS AT A SMOOKE SHOP U THINK THAT WOULD B GOOD FOR THE BABYS OUR WILL IT KILL MY BABYS IT SAID ITS FOR PLANTS INDOOR OUR OUT DOOR CUZ I SPEND LIKE 30 BONES FOR IT....????:confused:

18. Although you can build you own a lot cheaper people grow some decent bud with them, heres an entire section for aergardens

here your holy land
    Aerogardeners