Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Aero Garden, is it good for weed?

• Please log in to reply

Greekinator

Greekinator

Freak

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I saw it on some show over the weekend, wondering if it would be good for mary jane

http://www.theaerogarden.com/

grassman88

grassman88

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I dont think the light source is good enough...maybe for one plant. aeroponics is really good for weed. if you got a better light source than that would be perfect. Maybe try it out see if it works for you. I bet it would be really good for cloning

red-eye

red-eye

In The Grow Room

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I saw it on some show over the weekend, wondering if it would be good for mary jane

I think it will be ok for 4 lowryders. I'm sure it uses CFL's so getting bulbs should be OK.

If I had that sort of cash to throw away I'd give it a go.

djdew23

djdew23

• Registered Upgraded
  • 223 posts
that thing looks pretty cool i did some checking it uses 2 cfls in full spectrum not sure on watts but looks like it work. Greekinator email the company and ask what watt the bulbs are that it uses even the site they say to buy replacment bulbs from dont list the info. if i had the 150 id try it out

scubamage

scubamage

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Q: How much energy does the AeroGarden use?
A: The AeroGarden system has been designed for maximum efficiency. The entire system uses less energy than a single 60-watt light bulb.
Q: What kind of light bulbs does it use?
A: Aeroponics The AeroGarden uses full-spectrum compact fluorescent bulbs exclusively designed for the optimal amount and type of light needed for robust, healthy plant growth.

Hope that answers questions about the lighting. Sounds like ~2 30 watt cfl's. Sounds like it'd be ok for clones, but not too too much else.

grassman88

grassman88

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah that would be a really good for cloning....and tomatoes
  • northern ghost likes this

KOZMO

KOZMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 471 posts
I called and they said two 26 watts
you don't think that will grow them?
if not couldn't I buy higher watt replacements?

hendrix9181970

hendrix9181970

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
the 26 watt cfl's are equavalent to 100 watts arent they?

Anony

Anony

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 7,842 posts

“It’s like having a farmer’s market in my kitchen.”

- ha

Also seems to me that you arent able to control the light/water times? Sounds like those are done automatically, and things happen where you need to turn the light off, or you need to water outside of a scheduel.

KOZMO

KOZMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 471 posts
can anyone reccomend any set ups?

dire_wolf

dire_wolf

Homegrower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 339 posts
that set up is for rich fany people to have erbs growing in their kitchen. you dont want it for growing pot. look up the magic aero-4 aeroponics kit it works like wonders and its only 55 bucks. you get rockwool hydrogen 2 part hydro nutes ph test kit(liquid drops) ph up and ph down. a pump a sprayer and 4 netpots it is everything you need besides a light and fan

chimera

chimera

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 2,330 posts
I'd go with a bubbler system if its your first foray into hydro. Not so much to go wrong. Take the money you saved and buy a HID light.

MurphMan62

MurphMan62

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
You guys can save a few bucks on the Aerogarden at www.intomyhealth.com
Feel free to use my lifetime coupon "shipfree10" and they'll take off 10% and ship it for free. (No, it's not my site, I just play a site owner on TV). I actually haven't bought one... yet 'cause I'm still in tire-kickin' mode.

bushy

bushy

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It really works well, especially with small plants, I modded mine,

CjX

CjX

420 is dumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,390 posts
get the deluxe.
the light can be extended like 2-3 feet.

this is more than enough to grow clones, you can youtube this and see people who have done this

MONEYMAN

MONEYMAN

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got the areoponics system, and i think it works very well...yall should get one and buy the "recipe for success kit." It makes my "babies" grow 10 times faster and stronger...its only been a week and 3 days and they are lookin lovely!!!

Mikey Boo

Mikey Boo

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 308 posts

MONEYMAN

MONEYMAN

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
DAM IT SO I PERRTY MUCH F$$KD UP MY MONEY...HMMM BUT IM A BEGINNER I WISH I WOULD OF KNEW THAT BUT THINK U FOR THE TIP THO BUT WILL I GET GOOD BUDS FROM IT STILL... AN I GOT SUM BUG SPRAY 2 DAY FOR THE PLANTS AT A SMOOKE SHOP U THINK THAT WOULD B GOOD FOR THE BABYS OUR WILL IT KILL MY BABYS IT SAID ITS FOR PLANTS INDOOR OUR OUT DOOR CUZ I SPEND LIKE 30 BONES FOR IT....????:confused:

kbfl0912

kbfl0912

• Registered Upgraded
  • 613 posts
Yes, it works....here is a long thread on the whole process.

http://forum.grassci...utoflowers.html

greenthumbbumb

greenthumbbumb

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Although you can build you own a lot cheaper people grow some decent bud with them, heres an entire section for aergardens

here your holy land
Aerogardeners

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users