NYPD cop beaten so severely by marijuana-carrying suspect, she might not be able to r

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Jan 11, 2013.

1. You assume too much in your social experiment though. You are swaying it in favor of mj by not knowing the whole story and making assumptions. Literally the same thing the media is doing, but in reverse.

and I agree, prohibition is shitty, but fighting fire with fire isn't the right way to go about it.

2. Not true...displaying or burning marijuana in public is still a misdemeanor.

3. Fair enough.

4. Should have shot that fucker, I know I would have. Assholes like that don't deserve to live

5. Their job is to uphold the law. The laws are there "to protect".

If the ticket was going to fuck up his making rent on time he should have been using his brain and not smoking where he could be seen.

6. Sounds like this guy is fucked up in the head anyway, but I agree there is definitely more to the story than was let on and I doubt the cannabis really had anything to do with it. You don't call in backup to deal with a man smoking a fucking joint outside his apartment. The man must have been suspect for some REAL crime to begin with that the police didn't release, which would have been enough to make it make a tad bit of sense to fuck the officers up like that. Hell if I was going down for murder or armed robbery I'd be in enough of a panic to try something similar. The media wants to bring the herb into the picture simply to further spread all the goddamn propaganda that is going around. Regardless though what the man did was fucked up and whatever happens to the guy he fucking deserves it.

7. So? It's a minor offense.

I have a fucking misdemeanor and I didn't go beating on the arresting officer. :)

And maybe the dumbass shouldn't have been smoking in public.

Bottom line? His fault, he had no reason to do what he did.

8. Kudos to the strangler! The NYPD are more like bounty hunters than cops and will literally bust anybody if it means they'll get their paycheck. The only difference between a mob boss and Police Commissioner Kelly is a badge!

9. I'm not condoning what the suspect did however NYPD uses marijuana laws to arrests thousands every year, most of whom are minorities. You can't keep doing this and not expect any incidents at all. The suspect and police officer are both victims of a failed drug war that should have ended long ago.

10. kudos for people doing their job to be attacked so horrifically that they can no longer work?

That's fucked up man. They are just workers, they are not the root of the problem...

11. I agree with this.

12. nudez of petit cop???

13. You hit the nail on the head...except I would add that the police bosses are the bounty hunters and street-level police officers are mostly just pawns in the grand scheme.

14. Everyone here is waaay too focused on the weed aspect of this story.

15. In a way it really is the main point of the story. From what it sounds like the guy was just chilling outside smoking a joint, causing harm to no one. If not for the NYPD priority of making officers arrest marijuana smokers right and left, this would not have happened.

16. Could have happened if he didn't have the joint, he may have a violent history making him a violent person so pretty much any substance that alters you will make him aggressive. Imagine if he'd been drunk

17. #57 STARaptor, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    You are such a moron.

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

18. C-c-c-combo

19. One could say the same about gangs, no? Different law, same methods; stealing, violence, kidnapping.

Debatable.

20. You're attacking the wrong people, police officers are doing their job, the government creates the law they uphold.

Let's not pull an occupy wallstreet here, k?