NYPD cop beaten so severely by marijuana-carrying suspect, she might not be able to r

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Jan 11, 2013.

1. It's wrong to beat up women, but if it's your job to harass dark people for smoking a harmless plant.

FIND ANOTHER JOB!

Don't ruin countless lives then play victim when one of them finally fights back.

2. ya i feel bad that she had to get hurt but its karma for going after something so harmless

3. Yeah, I hate moochers too

4. Damn straight! They want to cry victim when they got what was coming to them but what about the countless innocent people they have victimized over weed. Karma is a bitch and these so called cops just reaped what they have sown.

5. If cannabis were legal, Mr. Urena would not have been confronted by the police and none of this would have happened! Not excusing Mr Urena's actions in any way, but all three people in this incident are victims of the drug war!

So let's stop this madness! Become activists and let's get cannabis legal!

Write a letter or two! Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Make a few comments in the news and go "Prohib Troll Hunting"- it's lots of fun to shoot them down with the facts - and back those facts up with the titles of studies and news articles that folks can look up!

Send or give your doctor abstracts of recent medical studies on your ailments and others!

Leave articles like these from WebMD at student lounges, laundromats and other places bored people gather!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis
    Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis

We will all benefit from legalization! Not just by avoiding arrest, but we will be able to replace many expensive pharmaceutical medications with a bit of homegrown! And when cannabis is legal, nothing stops you from growing and eliminating that "$15 per gram" from your life! :yay:

Granny :wave:

6. I agree that cops should leave smokers alone. But smokers shouldn't be naive and dumb, smoking in public where it's illegal. He could have easily ran away. Fuck this guy, fry his ass, you never hit a woman.

7. You tell 'em honey! They're all blind to the madness that is thick fucking law.

8. #28 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    Why were they patrolling the building? Was it an abandoned building? Was the person homeless and protecting themselves knowing the police would throw him out and charge him with squatting?

I feel like we're missing a big chunk of the story.

Edit: well I went to the page and saw the building, still not sure what it is though. The bias in the article won't give us that type of information, or why they were there, or why the suspect was there.

9. if the two cops had not cared about one individual smoking a joint this would have never happened. he had to have a warrant or some shit if he beat them tho or just crazy....but he didnt do anything until he was told by the cops for smokin...who knows what really happened

10. So, because they were doing their job they were in the wrong?

Besides that (in small amounts) it's decriminalized in New York, why did dude react so violently?

11. Fucking scum. my aunt works NYPD, used to patrol often, got into several fights all with men. One time she got beat unconscious and ended up with a fucked shoulder, getting 2 surgeries. People are fucking scum.

My uncle also works NYPD, hes a Lt. in some warrant division, is involved in raids almost daily.... Hope he busts into this dumb ass's house with his crew and puts in work lol. Literally.

Giving stoners a bad name.... Who beats up 2 woman like that, at most just throw them down and run. Didn't have to try to kill them.... fucking psycho.

12. Stuff like this makes me wonder the true intentions of the officers, or the guiltiness of the suspect, for other crimes.

13. If our prison system wasn't so fucking backward right now, we could house all of the violent offenders, sex offenders and murderers and stop letting them out to make room for the people who dabble with things that come straight out of the ground, as god intended.

14. We wont know until the officers speak out. He might have never even heard them, who knows maybe they would just ask him to stop smoking in public and give a warning....

In reality, this guy seems like he was mental disturbed. No sane person does this....

15. Agreed.

He definitely seems touched, from the way the article describes. Someone just doesn't do this for no reason, especially a police officer.

16. Lmao, knocked their heads together , and tried to drag them inside apartment , wtf did I just read, and not one but TWO cops, I'm no expert but this report sounds vastly exaggerated and sensationalized.

Lol I love how marijuana always has to be the highlighted element in a violent crime, the perp could be sucking on prescription meds like candy while puffing a joint but the joint will always come out on top.

17. #37 420neverforget, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    Lets scratch the labels for a little perspective.

So this guy's smoking near his place of residence. 2 people see him and they call for help so they can lock him in a cage. He retaliates.

Who's side are you on now? The gangsters? Or the innocent pot smoker?

And to clarify, I have nothing against the police. But if you attempt to lock somebody in a cage for a non-violent crime, when your job is to protect, then you are an asshole and certainly not doing your job.

18. That's not what happened at all.

It's decriminalized in New York, he was facing a ticket, not jail time.

I'm not on anyone's side until the whole story is released, and until we know what might have been wrong with the suspect. Because his reaction was not justified the way they describe it, and not a normal sane reaction in general.

19. So this guy's smoking near his place of residence. 2 people see him and they call for help so they can rob him of his time, work and property. He retaliates. It wouldn't be unheard of to think that the ticket would've been the difference between having rent money and being homeless.

I agree that we should wait until the entire story is released.

Prohibition really rustles my jimmies.

20. Retaliating against cops is always a good idea when ever I get pulled over I am gonna smash his head in because he is taking my time, work and food away