NYPD cop beaten so severely by marijuana-carrying suspect, she might not be able to r

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Being female does not mean you make a better nurse than a male, because being a nurse has nothing to do with your physical body strength. On the other hand, trying to take down criminals has everything to do with your physical body making a woman significantly worse. Don't shoot the messenger, just understand that biologically, men are significantly stronger than women.
    You said: "Not cause I'm a male, but because I'm better equipped physically to do the job". Well, you're better equipped physically to do the job because you're a male. It's not luck that you're stronger than women.

2. This thing called political correctness and pandering to peoples feelings instead of logic allowed the physical tests to be lowered for women, Hence why 105 pound weaklings are allowed to join the gang.

Same reason they hit the golf ball from a closer tee. They should not be allowed to become cops unless they can pass the same physical requirements as everyone else.

3. #243 thewarden, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    First off, how are you not saying it's their duty? Read some of your previous posts cause that's EXACTLY what you said. I find it kinda funny, you're just telling me I'm wrong and then repeating what I say a few posts later. Read a few of my posts back, I said if I saw ANYONE getting the shit out of them by ANYONE else I'd help them. Not cause biology says I'm strong therefore I should, but because I'd like to believe I'm a decent human being and helping others in need is a characteristic of decent human beings.

Second, you're confusing societal or moral expectations with biological traits. If you saw a man getting his ass kicked by a girl (and I mean getting his ass kicked, not like his gf is having a hissy-fit on him), would you just turn your head and walk away cause biology says he should be able to protect himself?

Using your logic, if I see a hot girl and I decide I'd like to impregnate her, does she have to allow me to do so? I mean she's biologically equipped to bear children and I'm biologically equipped to knock her up, right? Apparently biology says 'if you're capable of doing something, it's your duty to do so' so we should probably just fuck on the spot.

I never disagreed that men are stronger. That's fact, I don't think anyone would. As for the nurse thing, I was just using that as an example of a female dominated field that men can still be successful in. While there's no concrete reason, it seems to me women are generally nurses because nursing is a care-giving based profession, and that's certainly something that women are perceived to be better at (think about the 'motherly' gene). Does that mean a man can't be good nurse? Not at all. Likewise, while men are often police because they're on average physically stronger, does that mean a woman could never be a successful cop? Not at all. While animal instinct and genetics control a fair amount of our lives, they are far from being the ONLY thing that control our lives, especially when selecting a profession.

Using the nursing example , if you were a bitter, rough, and angry person would you make a good nurse? Probably not, because caring for people is a HUGE part of the that job. Similarly, if you're weak, would you make a good cop? Again, probably not, because asserting physical dominance over people is an important part of that job. Are being physically weaker or emotionally/mentally bitter specific to one gender? Not at all, but if a person (male or female) falls under either of these categories and wants to become successful in either one of the aforementioned positions, they should probably reconsider or work on changing that part of their person.

But honestly, was the real problem here their gender or their relative size? How much better would an 105 lb male have done in the same situation? Granted yeah, he's probably a little stronger than an 105 lb female, but I doubt he's as strong as the 180 lb dude that whipped these girls' asses. That's my point. Tiny people generally don't do well in strength dependent positions

I wonder if I took a class on Biology through Grasscity if my college would accept it, lotta armchair bio experts on this site

4. #244 TokinUp, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    Weak small people shouldnt be cops regardless if they are men or woman..1o5 lbs is like the size of a 12 year old..cmon ppl.

5. I am saying it's their duty. But I just can't understand why you do not think it is your duty as a man to protect women. And that is not a confusion between societal and biological expectations, because they are very closely related. Our society is based on our biology. And no, you cannot just impregnate anyone who can have a kid, because part of being equipped for that is having the necessary traits to be accepted by that woman.

I think you do believe it is your duty, as you have more or less just said that, you just do not like the straightforward way that I said it, giving my sentence a connotation of inequality between men and women.

Historically, men have had the duty of protecting women, but because of the newfound equality for women, people take this literally and believe women should be equal at everything. When, as a whole, they are not. This is not to say that no woman should be a police officer, but not one that is the size of her. So yes, we agree that it is about the traits possessed by said woman. I think we're actually in agreement about the whole situation, you just don't like the way I worded it. So I apologize that it was not as elegantly and correctly worded if it was not, but the loss of "duty" as men has led to a severe decline of our human race, both morally, and socially.

6. He should of shared the joint with them and discussed the issue! :)

Seriously he'll get what he deserves. Only a moron thinks he can get away. Besides all that you don't hit a woman period!

7. I'm glad we have cops like this patrolling the streets to keep us safe from harm

8. What the hell is the point of having a 5'2" 100lb cop? Who the hell uis she gonna protect? They got the shit kicked out of them and it was only one guy ... Sry ladies but this is exactly why women shouldn't have certain jobs .. Gender equality is what I believe in but not if u can't even protect yourself from one guy and u have batmans utility belt on with tasers and pistols and all kinds of shit ..

9. 1 guy can be a handful for anyone you ever see the video where the guy goes on a rampage in the holding cell taking tons of cops who were all guys

10. #251 Soccerguy420, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    This sounds like the same argument people make for blaming rape on the victims...

The cop was doing her job... regardless of how we feel about it, the guy was breaking the law and it is a cop's job to enforce the law. Fuck that guy for hurting those cops, people shouldn't have camaraderie with Pedro solely because he was smoking weed at the time.

Edit: Why does this have to be a gender issue? I know girls that can kick my ass.. and I know guys smaller than 100 lbs. The cops shouldn't have gotten the shit kicked out of them, bottom line

11. Trust me I know this all to well .. Ex military

But u do have to admit I would stand a much better chance of subduing a full sized male then a 5'2 100lb female .. I mean come on !! Political correctness isn't always a good thing ..

12. This has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with being able to do your job!!

13. Only reason women can serve in the police force and the military is because these organizations aren't what they used to be. You think modern warfare is actually war, LAWL!(I'm sorry but anybody saying they went to war in the last 10 years loves to imagine, I never knew war meant 100% chance of victory by the U.S.). I'm speaking broadly about the military, not special forces so don't get to offended. You think our police officers are what they used to be? Protect and serve, another LAWL.

As a man I would never want a women next to me in a position that's life altering(sorry feminists but I think you can see my reasoning).

You guys are talking about nurses and history. Men would be successful in the nursing industry. We aren't in it because it made no sense historically.
    Historically women and family members followed the hordes men made up. They would tend to all tasks that weren't warfare. Barbarians against the Romans the women were right behind the battle lines healing the wounded, tending the herds, and making clothing.

I've started reading a lot recently about women in the military and I have to say, women have no place in the front lines of the military or the police force. It wasn't a coincidence that historically women we're always in the back. Women get rights for 30 years and they think they should be in combat infantry, are you kidding me. C'mon girls, I'm surprised this is an argument.

We haven't seen actual warfare since WWII so I can see that women born after the U.S. took world control believe they should have equal rights to fight. Like most of the American public, their oblivious what actual warfare is. Men break down, I couldn't imagine what a women breaking down would be, or what it would do to the other soldiers. Just all around a horrible idea.

14. ^so much sexism lol

15. Why the fuck would a woman that small become a cop? Pure ignorance. Her fault.