Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. haha yeah our new Mars Pro series with remote controller and the coolest part is you can set ur own spectrum ratio, and haha yeah paypal can be a bit troublesome sometimes[​IMG]reflector is favored for veg [​IMG]

2. Update; Lndldy approved motion detectors and i'll order them this wk ..cab is coming along slowly ..i'm tryin to p/u the pace..the hydro clones are ready for their nu home..leaves are praying roots are great..root zone temps are under control and roots are rich white color..seedlings are doing great..cab 1 is burgeoning suckin soup up and stackin buds..paltry outdr harvest went into tupper ware to slow the dry dwn as constant a/c was makin it dry too fast..the fridge top plnts are eh! yesterday i found a bunch of shade cloth practically brnd new out by the dumpster..got enough to do entire SA, hall windows, and the glass block picture window in my apt..gonna make a big difference but it's a lotta wrk..a little everyday will get me there but it's daunting overcominng the inital inertia fridge grw this morn 003.JPG fridge grw this morn 004.JPG fridge grw this morn 005.JPG fridge grw this morn 006.JPG fridge grw this morn 007.JPG fridge grw this morn 010.JPG

3. Update: I'm making progress on the painting and staining..finished all the primering today..tomorrow is payday and i'll p/u stain, poly, sndpaper, and good brushes..first attempt with poly/stain combo was disasterous on curtain rod..had to snd it off..instead i'll spray paint it blk..i dipped the phinielas and they look like candy apples..i going to try it on a plnt stnd..i think i could have this cab finished within two wks if i keep at the pace i'm going..
    I've been smoking the WF and it's stellar..problem is theres not much of it to last this mo till harvest of cab 1..happy to have it and the 3 clones of it..haven't done weigh out on the drying WF yet..SFC and HAZKS seedlings are doing their thing..give them rainwtr and LITFA..a hopper found its way to the fridgetop grw and was killed..think the WF draws them..cab WF is gettin fat hopper in the house 003.JPG hopper in the house 001.JPG hopper in the house 007.JPG hopper in the house 008.JPG hopper in the house 005.JPG

4. update: Went to Lowes and dropped $88..made my amazon order and drpp'd another $104..$50 of it came off the rent for motion detectors..also ordered the fogger , a new probe gor my ph tester, a float for the fogger..pondered the yrd and decided to extend the security ring by 3-4'..thass a lotta soil so i'm trippin on it..Wave has suggested using snd bgs and i'm turnin it over in my mind..logistics and $..tomorrow is the window project..oh boy! did all the painting i could do so now on to stain and then poly..gettin scary garden planning-paint first coat on panels 001.JPG garden planning-paint first coat on panels 002.JPG garden planning-paint first coat on panels 003.JPG

5. update:The window upgrade is done! pulled the vines off the mini blinds and untangled them..cleaned the shades..put up the shade cloth i found..installed my painted brackets and pole..stained the plnt stnd and pole balls same color using one step stain/poly..i'll never use one step again! now i gotta snd and clear coat anyway..nd to do that today and clear coat the flat gray panel bks..all conditioning was done on drs now i need to strt staining ..using regular stain curtain rod finished 007.JPG curtain rod finished 012.JPG

6. Update: rained yesterday so no staining..it was a orgy of football instead..i did put tubs out and topped off my rain barrel..i also mixed frsh soup for the res's..plnts all look good and happy..the shade cloth drpp'd the temps in my apt big time and not having headlights shining thru the holes in the mini blinds makes for good sleep..

7. So....who blows a chance at a hard earned win by taking advantage of a missed FG??? Yeah...the Browns. Good game though.

...go browns....GO BROWNS! :)

8. Haha! local sportstlk radio is stunned! if you blinked you missed the end

9. Update; I split the seedlings into two grps..the ''talls'' went to the fridge top..the ''shorties'' are being kept under led..the previous fridge top clones went to the hall windows..the hall windows were upgraded to shade cloth and temps have not exceeded 88 in the window..i'll see how they do..the plan is to cover the SA with shade cloth when i get wrkin in there..haven't been in there since harvest last mo..gotta recycle the soil and clean sip's..i'll be using 3.5's instead of 6 gals this next wave..i got carpet tack strips for the top of the wall and the remote motion dectors arrived yestrday..i also priced ''THIS AREA UNDER SURVALLIANCE'' signs..a little pricy at $55 but i'll take it off the rent once i get it approved like the motion detectors..construction is at the staining and clear coat stage..its gettin there..fogger arrived and wrks great..can hardly wait to clone someting fogger test 001.JPG fogger test 002.JPG talls to fridge top 008.JPG talls to fridge top 004.JPG talls to fridge top 006.JPG talls to fridge top 007.JPG talls to fridge top 005.JPG talls to fridge top 003.JPG

10. Update: I'm up way early because i went to bed around 9..i've been gettin into this daily wrk mode starting at 7am lites off..2-3 hrs of doing something till 10am lites off then i'm done till around 6pm when i'll wrk on stuff till around 8..eat watch a show and i'm done..crash wake up do it again..bed comes dwn today..all the other stuff is finished except for drilling two holes for electrical plug wires..
    Currently i'm on a trk dwn for more of the tubs i use..lowes doesn't have them locally anymore and there are only 353 in the entire lowes chain..none in cali..online can't find it except the manufacturer who want you to go to pinter..pinter has no prices and won't let you peruse unless you log in..BS!! gonna call maker today on 800 # see if i can buy direct..these tubs for my grw are perfect..i have two and i need 3 more.
    I got the tack strips installed and i'm playin with my motion detecor so jury out on efficacy..gonna install indr this morn and get into it..seems a little cheesey so far but its early in the process..
    My plnts are all doing well ..seedlings given more rm to grw are all getting big..they are the size of the clones in the window .as usual i'm runnin out of space.the fridge top plnts could easily go in the hall but i'm pushed for space..thass where the tubs come in extremely useful for doing rotation..the flwrng WF the hairs are starting to turn red..i did more defo to clear bud of cvrng leaf..co2 makes leaf grw fast so much defo needed..two clones in temp res are doing well veggin nicely while construction underway..the plan is to have one res two plnts using two screens and lites in the nu cab now i'm ponddering that move..the flwrng plnt is aprox one wk ahead of sched so that cab will be available by end of the mo rather than strt of nxt mo..might be good idea to put one of the clones..the smaller True OG in the cab by its self to get benefit of Co2 and bigger lite..the Plat GSC under the big lite by itself as its a lite hog..i could also use a smaller res that with less soup content cools easier..just things i'm pondering as i go along..
    The SA would be useful at this point if i had the solar lite arrangement to extend the light hrs so i could veg..thinking one solar lite in the SA and then two or three in the yrd playing on the fence and wall negateing the lite behind the fence..in theory..won't know till i get the stuff and set it up..Woody took the germ of the idea and made it wrk wonderously so the tech is valid..lots to do to get to that point..security ring is nxt to be upgraded..gonna use sndbgs after seening pics of cal-erth projects using them..very impressive! Wave is taking course there and pics he posted have inspired me..i'll be picking up snd bgs off the st as i cruise the city...30 should do it..trim cactus bk and use snd bgs to make border..fill in with dirt use trimmed cacti to fill the space densely like the rest of the cacti patch..you step in there you gonna get hurt..try to climb the wall carpet tack strip should shred your hands...next ripper comes around i wanna see spines missing and blood on the wall..the alarm is beeping with flashing lite or 90 db siren..so lights will go on as usual but 30' from fence alarm will go off and it'll be GO TIME!! haha! last time i did GO TIME i knocked the plnt std dwn the stairs and broke it nearly fell dwn the stairs myself..trying to get my pants on,shoes ,keys so i don't get locked out..time i got out there the perp was captured by police..probally best to pound on window and yell at them rather than go out there unarmed..keep the machete indrs for close encounters
    tack strips installed 001.JPG
    tack strips installed 004.JPG
    tack strips installed 003.JPG
    tack strips installed 005.JPG
    tack strips installed 008.JPG
    tack strips installed 007.JPG
    tack strips installed 009.JPG

11. Update: Got another heat wave going on..105 outdrs 95 in the hallway..be 100 without the shade cloth..i've been pulling the clones out the window at noon put them bk aroun 4-5pm..they're doing allright..i took the bed apart and hauled it dwnstairs ..the finished stuff i then hauled up stairs..the guy that helped me assemble the bed was pissed at the screws i got so he really drove them in..asshole! 24 screws that did not want to come out..i got them all out exccept one that made me tear the slat up..16 carriage bolts! i was a sweaty mess by the time i was done..tonite i'll use foam seal a crack and scrape silver tape off..tomorrow morn sand..the indr motion detector is wrking out nicely and has given me a new sense of security..no more knock knock paranoia of sneaks in my bldg..don't come here early or late to do lndry and try to sneak in..stay out of my yrd at all times..3M's are supposed to put new light outdr motion dector in this wk..not too much wrk in the SA to do..took the stools out but left one for the wtr jug to sit on..installed brackets for stadium seating on the fences still need to cut brds to size for shelves..all of it will need to be painted..found some wood in the dumpster this morn already painted blk..gonna use it to install shade cloth..gonna have to be in just the right mood to chop cacti and its got to be cooler ..maybe nxt wknd will be cooler..weather report calls for high 90s this wk..gd for painting and staining not gardening

12. Your working harder then the proverbial one armed wallpaper hanger my friend..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFU9HYyMVxQ
    This has been playing in my head the last day or so and I thought I'd share it... LOL
    BNW

13. Woody i gotta laugh if i click that ELO it'll be in my frnt brain! the staining is done except for touch ups nxt its poly stain finished now poly 001.JPG stain finished now poly 002.JPG stain finished now poly 003.JPG

14. Update: All plnts are doing well that are under led..the fridge top grw looks like it nds more light..chk lowes for brighter bulb nxt run..the flwrng WF is being flushed..i was going to do another wk of nutes but the plnt put on density overnite and the nugs turned rk hrd ..to me that means time to go just r/o let the plnt use up whats on brd..plat OG and True OG are lookin great..they are under some sort of flying bug assault but i have it under control with frequent spraying especially under the leaves using Cpt J's DBB..let them build an imunity there are very few left then when i trnsfr them i'll hit them with pyrithin just before the move..kill them all! plnts seem pretty resistant..hallway plnts are doing well with no signs of heat stress..i turned the fan in the hall so it points at them giving air circulation enough so the leaves are moving..nxt mo all the soil plnts nd to go in the SA so i gotta get busy on that end..gotta redo the cactus security ring before plnts can go in the SA..the tack strips i put up doesn't keep cats away..found one sitting on top the strips using it like a scratching post..looking at me like ..what! think the a-salt-gun needed for this situation..the cats like to walk along the top of the wall dwn to the SA and perch there..i'm afraid when i put the shade cloth up they'll mess with it..i chase them everytime i see them..got enough to deal with possible rippers i don't nd cats knocking plnts over
    runnin out of rm everywhere 001.JPG
    runnin out of rm everywhere 002.JPG
    runnin out of rm everywhere 003.JPG
    runnin out of rm everywhere 004.JPG
    runnin out of rm everywhere 005.JPG
    runnin out of rm everywhere 008.JPG

15. Update:Gonna make the final push on the cab this wk..just nd to put another coat of poly on and its finished..do that mon..tues day haul it upstairs..set up wed n thurs..trnsfr fri..gonna harvest cab 1 nxt day or so..chk'd trics under the scope last wk..looks good to me and i've been flushing for couple of days..outta weed so its timely thing.each of the clones will now have its own cab and light..i snapped necks on the seedlings and will start looking for signs of sex as its been about 40 days since germ..hall plnts are doing great now that the fan has been blowing on them..guess they needed the circulation and the hot air moved around

16. I saw the droopy plant you posted on BNW's page and figured I would see if you had a home here in GC, and I see not only that you do, but you are a busy bee as well! If you don't mind, I'll pull a chair for the show!
    ~GHG~