Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Update: Out dr plnts are looking really good and luv'd the heat wave that just ended..records were broken for this time of yr..90's where i am..SIP's really did the job..the clones from them are all doing really well in hydro and soil..i put them on 16/8 lite cycle and after two days they were reveggin! whatever this strain is i luv it..it's a strong easy performer..now if the bud is stellar i'll have to make special arrangements to keep it around..

The tp'd Knuck has completely adapted to chmbr 2..took about two days for the leaves to all turn to the lite..once they did i lowered the lite..the root systm is completely developed so i can start flwr anytime..i'm feelin like startin on sun but i really should wait till the apr 1 to keep to the sched..i'm runnin at 900-1100 ppms and she likes it ! sucking one inch of soup daily..

The flwrng Knuck in cab 1 is entering wk 4 ..imo the stretch is over so i did a little LST and S hooks along with triming to get the canopy even ..i topped this plnt previously and there's lots of bud sites..i was seeing a early def so i grnd up a good load of epsom salt and added to the soup..these knucks are heavy feeders..eh!

This wk i made tincture and it's going to be strong!! i'm burping and shaking it daily before replacing in the frzr..my eye dropper bottles, sleep mask, and remote wireless thermometer should get here by next thurs..at that time i'll trnsfr to them and try some..

Still haven't trnsffrd soil from totes to bukets or wrked straight'ng up the grocave..mood still hasn't hit yet..i did the laundry though..lol! So everything is going well..as planned and scheduled for..i've got 9 females in all stages..i'm thinking i've got space and rm in the sched to start some seedlings..after much thought considering the canidates..Dark Goblin, Red Headed Step Sister, sour flaming cookies,sour diesel f2..all from wonderful breeders i know and communicate with..i'm going with my own HazC x Sweet Kush x Skunk#1 seeds i made from last summers grw..i grew two out last yr but they were males and got the chop immediately..they were terrific plnts though..with 9 females and a larder full of bud ..i can just fit them in and not have them be integral in the overall momentum of the perpetual like last yr..at least i know the seeds are viable so it wasn't a waste of time and space

after defo-plnts grwng 002.JPG after defo-plnts grwng 003.JPG after defo-plnts grwng 004.JPG tincture- dense outdr bud 001.JPG tincture- dense outdr bud 004.JPG defolliation 001.JPG

2. Things is looking great doc. What's the distance on them lights when you lowered them?

Fundamental Elements Cannabis Organic Garden
    SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

3. Sprk i had the lite at the finishing ht that the harvest was at..about 20'' from lite to top of screen,,i lowered it to 14'' and will drop it more in the next day or two..get it dwn to 10''..judging by cab 1 the strtech isn't going to be that long nor that big for the clones..i put the soil clones in the window this morn to kick them into summer as they are reveg'ng after only 2-3 days of 16/8
    clones to hallway 001.JPG clones to hallway 002.JPG

4. cool, I only asked because I was wondering if you were going to try to create and leave distance during flower. I'm just curious to see how the lights do when they are about 12" away from the top canopy. I know with the previous run, the ladies were right up underneath touching the panels. Curious to see if light spectrums and the way they spread and mix plays what type of role in the grow

Fundamental Elements Cannabis Organic Garden
    SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

5. Gd Morn to all..Had a ray Milland Lost wknd and got little done due to tincture tasting..gonna have to make more in the coming wks..it's a nice little side project..the knuck clone in cab 2 has adapted so quickly to dwc i'm going to flip to flwr this morn rather than wait till april 1..the MG clones in the hallway are doing well in natural sunlight ..i'm keeping hall lite on from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm to keep them in veg mode..hydro MG's one is doing very well and the other just isn't rooting and i don't have time or space to put it in soil and baby it..think i'm going to do a post mortem and get rid of it unless a socal'er wants it..
    MG's in the SA are holding strong..wtrd up top and filled bases..sprayed with cpt J's DBB and made sure i sprayed all under the leaves..gonna drp seeds this wk for the nxt round
    empty chmbrs for starts 003.JPG empty chmbrs for starts 005.JPG 2nd day in hallway 004.JPG 2nd day in hallway 005.JPG

6. Update: I tp'd the weak sista to soil and will keep it under led for feew days to see if it makes it..roots were barely out and i think soil may save this cut ..just gotta see..decided to give it a chance after reminding myself that the runt BT caught itself and yeilded as much as her two stronger sistas in the long run..both cab 1 n 2 are now flwrng..2 was going so fast i decided to flip and not wait for 4-1..i nd to make more tincture
    clones goes to soil 001.JPG clones goes to soil 002.JPG clones goes to soil 003.JPG clones goes to soil 004.JPG clones goes to soil 007.JPG clones goes to soil 008.JPG

7. Yup I get that lol!

8. Gd day to all..Gardens are going good..i sprayed both cabs with cpt J's DBB after finding a munch spot in cab 2..i'm in a mini heat wave so i wrapped the smart pots in the window in towels so the roots won't get overheated like last time..they seem to be pretty hardy but i'm being prudent..finally got dwn and organized my gro cave..got all my additives in coleman coolers up on the shelves and the buckets stacked for soil storage..drawers for my hydro stuff ..all my wtr jugs in order..eventually i'll have a tool chest on whls and get rid of 3 tool bxs..i don't do many projects but when i get inspired i like my tools and gear to be at the ready..not have to dig thru 3 tool bxs to find that special tool that makes the project easy and fun..speaking of projects..next up is upgrading my kkitchenette with a counter, storage rack, two stools and moving my hanging pot rack..Ikea here i come!..lol! i got         everything except the stools and storage rack..previously i had all kinds of DIY stuff blocking the space ..all of it got stowed in the grocave or given away..now that i've got all my grows built organized and runnin well i can turn to some cooking experiments ..for that you gotta have counter space and space for all the gear..i luv cookware but you gotta have space thats acessible..wall cabinets in this apt are crap and if you got arthritis it's a good idea not to use them cause you'll drop stuff..on yer face! i'll get roll outs for the bottom cabs eventually..also intend to put handles on all drawers and cabinets..small projects i can do myself at lo cost and write off the rent that won't raise a stink..got a bskt of stuff for the socal'ers and the racks..hopefully someone can use couple of ballasts 250w and 400w with bulbs
    grw cave cleaned up 006.JPG grw cave cleaned up 008.JPG thermo wrap 001.JPG thermo wrap 002.JPG

9. Update: I installed my temp guage in the SA today and i'm happy with the temps i'm getting in there..i left the base unit in the window to see how hot it gets..118 plus in the sunbeam!! no wonder the roots in the previous plnts got ovrht'd and the fans lvs were affected seemingly ..right now it's nearly midnite and it's 82 in the darkened hallway, 56 outdr in the SA, 84-85 in the cabs..it's hot ! Got my sleep blindfold and it's wrkng helping me get into a deeper sleep and REM mode..i'm feeling more rested..
    I ''finnned'' the hydro clone and it started spreading out like a umbrella gettin all pushy with the soil clone..she wants the whole tank to herself..i chk'd the SA closely lookin for any sign of bugs and it still looks clean..plnts luv that rainwtr and they are sucking it dwn in this hot weather..they are making very dense bud..i took a sample today and oven dried it..very strong..cab 1 at 4wks flwr in reg lite is looking good nu temp guage installed 010.JPG nu temp guage installed 012.JPG nu temp guage installed 009.JPG nu temp guage installed 008.JPG nu temp guage installed 007.JPG nu temp guage installed 005.JPG nu temp guage installed 001.JPG

10. Gd ''day to all..Gardens are looking good..dropped 5 haz c x sks seeds so i hope they germ by sat or sun..did a hash run and got a bunch of tincture brewing for next couple of wks..started LST on the hydro clone..hallway clones are doin well except for the runt..btw i called the lawyers today and went ""DUDE! WHERE"S MY CHECK!!!" they said they'll be going out by the end of the mo...they don't know the amount..i've waited 4 yrs whats another..28 days..!!!
    makin tea 005.JPG makin tea 006.JPG start to lst hydro clone 001.JPG start to lst hydro clone 002.JPG start to lst hydro clone 003.JPG start to lst hydro clone 004.JPG start to lst hydro clone 005.JPG start to lst hydro clone 007.JPG start to lst hydro clone 008.JPG start to lst hydro clone 009.JPG

11. Doc very cool! Hope you can get the car running a bit better. You are continuing to kill it in the garden!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Looking dialed in as usual Doc.. I've got a couple orders with folks to bring me some 190 proof next time they leave the state so I'll be doing some tincture as soon as that happens..

13. Update: thanx for the kind words guyz!..i do the best i can..3 out of 5 seeds popped and went in rr cubes under led this morn..i'll know in couple of days if they're the ones..two had popped out of their pods completely displaying vigor i like to see..the third is a half helmet ..we'll see...

The outdr looks ready to me for harvest..it's quickly going thru that autumal color chng thing..some leaves are yellow..the bud is thick n frosty..the calcyxx look swelled like BB's..under the scope last wknd the bud looks cloudy..the sample after 3 day dry smoked nice and was strong! two hitter! idk..taking all those factors into account and my mounting paranoia of a rip off i'm bringing it in at the crack of dawn on wed morn..better safe than tragically sorry..i go thru this everytime i grow a new strain..sometimes i'm a touch early but that lets me know how long to go with the clones of it..after two rounds of it i get bored and start something new..

My hydro clone is forcing my hnd..it's tank is really grwng a lot of algae and i nd to get it in dwc..cab 3..to use cab 3 to veg while adjoining cab 2 is flwrng means i have to seal all the light leaks between the two..usually i run them in the same cycle a mo apart so it hasn't been a problem so i been goofing off on getting it finished..i nd the clone to veg for 1-2 wks more before i flwr it..

My tincture has been hittin..3-4 eyedrpprs per drink for my wt..2 drinks and i'm done..produces extreme hunger but with the urge to cook..think it goes in the bottles today so i can slow my roll with it..couple T drinks and i'm rentin Dr Who 1966! followed by the sequel Dr Who vs the Daleks circa 1969..anime with Harlock..blew $12 on rentals..got on a Peter Cushing jag..lol! qquite a lost wknd..

Finally got all my gear stashed in the grocave and the space cleared out and ready for my counter/table..i brought it up from the cave..the pedestal on my stool will be co-opt'd for it and i'll get two nu stools for the c/t..i'm going to move my hngng pot rack from over the frig to ovr the c/t..also will be getting 5 shlf kitchen rack that will hold all my cooking gear and supplies..be nice to finally have counter space to do projects ...and sit at to chill..

This money from the lawsuit was bedevlin me..countin my chickens which is an exercise in futility..i've decided no matter how much big or little..the car gets it..all of it..i've done some math and the way things go for me factored in..if i get as much as $500 i should call it a win..i'm likely to get less but probally no more..my ''the glass is half full'' attitude helps me keep my perspective..i just want this episode of good luck to be over so i can move on for better or worse and keep an even keel..i'd almost rather have the lesser amount cause i know exactly what to do..gonna be a very interesting mo.
    seeds to rr cubes 001.JPG seeds to rr cubes 003.JPG poppage 005.JPG poppage 010.JPG poppage 012.JPG bud looking ready 002.JPG bud looking ready 004.JPG bud looking ready 001.JPG

14. Gd evening to all..Sorta fried tonite ..i got up early set up my trim station and did the chop at 6AM and was finished by 8AM..the bud was a dream to process..not too many fan leaves with good internodal spacing..thick colas and very dense sticky nugs..branches snapped off the trunk in very neat orderly fashion..this is the best outdr bud i have ever done..some of the leaves were purple something i've never seen before..i see evidence of critters in some sort of tiny white idk but they are long dead from the IPM and were only on the leaf..nothing in or on the bud..i am collander drying it as usual..i wrkd out the dosage for the current batch of T i made ..i'd call it T -lite not heavy at all..haz c x sks seedling are displaying great vigor at 3 days.
    outdr harvest 001.JPG outdr harvest 002.JPG outdr harvest 003.JPG outdr harvest 004.JPG outdr harvest 005.JPG outdr harvest 006.JPG outdr harvest 007.JPG outdr harvest 008.JPG outdr harvest 009.JPG outdr harvest 010.JPG outdr harvest 011.JPG outdr harvest 012.JPG .

15. Nice haul Doc..

16. Update:This morn i trnsfrd the bud from collanders to paper bags to slow the dry dwn..probally go in jars early AM on sun..the weather report calls for it staying moderate thru the wknd..i put some budlets that were dry aside to smoke..this is some good stuff and can only appreciate upwards..i'm thinking the runt is going nowhere certinly not outside at it's grwth rate..i'm going to pull the hydro clone and put it in a smart pot/soil to join her sistas in the window and then the SA for all summer..i have a pedestal that will fit in the SA..the 3 will fill the space theroretically..

the 3 haz c x sks are going to need bigger bskts and to be in the ebb n flow tank..i may drp a couple more seeds to increase the odds of getting a female..i'd like 4 or 5..i have the space and a ample supply of bud so i can risk it plus it's exciting seeing a breeding program wrkng out as planned..i'm going to call it HAZKS pronounced Haze Kiss from now on to keep it simple..lol!

Gonna call my grw ptnr for a tasting party..Canadian Cheese, MG(mastadonna's gift for my b-day 2013 or 14 from her) and tincture..she hasn't even started her clean up from last yr! she better get started..sooo glad i got my own outdr this yr and i don't have to share my yeild after doing 80% of the wrk..i'll try not to rub it in but hey if you don't do the wrk or the IPM you get shit in the end..sometimes you do it all and you get crap so to refuse to do IPM ..well? i got my seeds last summer so i'm set for sometime to come..think i'm gonna need more mason jars..big ones
    hydro to soil- harvest tobags 002.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 003.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 004.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 008.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 009.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 011.JPG hydro to soil- harvest tobags 010.JPG

17. Lookin good Old Man LOL

18. Gd eve to all..Had nice productive wknd..weighed and jarred up the harvest..4.2 oz of prime bud..best i've ever done outdrs and i couldn't have done it without the guidance i get here at GC..i tp'd my HAZKS seedlings into bigger bskts cleaned up the eb n' flo and put them in it with nutes..they look good at 8 days

The hydro MG got tp'd to a smart pot and moved into to the hallwy with her sistas..the 3 will be rotated between the windows and ledge daily..lites on is 6am and lites off is 9:30 pm..i'll keep this up till mid may or they get to 20''-24''..wrkd very previous grw..

Chng'd out the soup in both cabs and all the plnts are praying and happy..just lettin them do their thing..not worried about the density but i'm going for amber this time..

I gave the runt to my grw ptnr along swith some T and 1/4 jar of the outdr..it was she who gave me the two seeds for my B-day 2013..she'll age it for a yr and we'll try it this time nxt yr..while there i p/u the sip's from last summer..i'll reamend the soil from all 4 this wk..gotta get lids for bukets first..that means a run to Lowes maybe tomorrow..i'll use my refund from a return to buy them..thats about all i've got to do this wk..lite duty..money is in good shape and i think i'm going to get that garden cart i been jonesin for.i intend to have it by the time the hallplnts are ready to go in the SA..got a tip on it from sit n spin and found theres a Harbor Freight locally
    harvested jarred 4 oz 006.JPG day aftr tp 001.JPG day aftr tp 002.JPG day aftr tp 003.JPG day aftr tp 004.JPG day aftr tp 005.JPG day aftr tp 006.JPG