Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Morning Doc.. Finally back in town and the new T5HO is kicking it nicely.. As usual I'm still slow to do more thinning of the herd..

[​IMG]

2. Woody those look great! now if you could just knock something together and get them off the floor so as to make it easy on yourself to tend to them

3. #1083 BrassNwood, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    Ya that's TTS's complaint when he has to tend them.. We're all getting to old to bend or squat down easy.. Ohh we can still get down we just can't get back up any longer..

The City is asking for help so I pass this along.. http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1357930-attention-growers-we-need-volunteers.html

Indoor link.. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1357841-attention-growers-we-need-volunteers.html

4. Update:While doing IPM in the SA i discovered pistils on the biggest plnt..kinda took me by surprise as i was expecting it to be male not a big ass amazon this is going to be..i was hoping the way i always do but usually that size they're males so i'm pleased..this changes things..i definitely don't want to lose the genetics so i'm going to take cuts and make clones..guess i won't be drpng those Haz C x SKS anytime soon..NOW the plan is to clear space on my ebb n flow rack dwn below to hang a CFL rig and two bubbler cloners as well as my tea making unit with air pump and gang valves..my clean up kit will go under the kit sink..once the clones root they'll go in smart bags and out into the hallway..this time i won't overheat the rooots thru the bag..night temps have gone up enough so that i would have to vent cab 2 to use it for the remaining clone currently in the ebb n flo..i'm thinking i'd be wasting space, pwr, and $ for a vent fan..for one plnt! judging by cab 3 production so far with just one plnt and small lite..i'm questioning if you get more from a smaller lite for just one plnt..the clone will go in cab 3 to test the theory..cab 2 is done till next winter probally..cab 1 i turned the co2 off and will run with the doors open to get more 02 ..the clones were used to as much o2 as they wanted in the ebb n flo and they seemed to be gasping everytime i would open the door for a bit so this morn i made the decision to only close drs for nite cycle..it's cooler and seem perkier..i just try to keep them happy by doing the little things..since propping the bud up the hairs are turning red very quickly...
    it's a gurl 001.JPG it's a gurl 002.JPG bud turns red- cloner space 003.JPG bud turns red- cloner space 004.JPG bud turns red- cloner space 005.JPG bud turns red- cloner space 001.JPG bud turns red- cloner space 002.JPG

5. I see Flowers  Grats its a Girl
    Isn't it amazing the amount of growing gear we collect over the years
    I have a whole room full of gear Im trying to sort out to get ready for this years grow
    Supply is running low again
    Looking good Dr. as always
    Stiggy

6. Thanx Stiggy..i've made major inroads on clearing my str rm out of gear i'm just not going to use..everybody really nds the stuff i gave them..couple more people and i'm done..it's going to be so nice with no clutter.. everything stowed and labeled..OCD heaven!!

7. Just harvested the most ready Minion City Diesels.. Of the 3 this is the most colorful.. It's got some deep reds down at the core quite unlike anything I've grown so far.. So being the different and unusual she's a keeper..

[​IMG]

There isn't much to this set of seedlings.. By the time I'd taken 3 sets of cuttings to keep replacing the wholesale cloner fails I'd taken so much from them they didn't have much left to work with.. Being seedlings I'm never that concerned with getting a major haul from this initial grow out.. It's more the sexing and taking a good set of clones in my book..
      TTS has the hots to try out the MCD and I can't say as I blame him.. All 3 have some intoxicating smells to them..

8. Gd Morn to all..Woody i luv that purple..i took cuts off the amazon this morn..she has got pistils from top to bottom..very fertile and rapid grwng..she luv'd the rain and grew couple inches so i retied her dwn again under the wall..got the cloner area set up and i just nd to hook up the pump and add air stones and lines to a gang splitter..i'll let the cuts sit in tap wtr for couple of days to make sure they're drawing and while i run the cloners to get them conditioned..the pump i'm hooking up is sorta loud but it's only for 3 wks or until they root at which time they go into smart pots and out in the hall..the cabs are runnin tight this morn..i figure this wknd i'll take samples and chk trics under the scope to see how much longer..i delivered a quarter Z to my long time client and he's happy..i've been smoking the harvested Blue Thai and i like it..it's very smooth what with a two wk flush and two r/o chngs during the flush..burns with a nice grey ash that doesn't nd constant reliting..bag appeal is poor as it looks airy..not dense at all and not much odor..lots of trics upon smoking and you get very heavy lidded on the eyes..it is sorta uneven high ..some is very heavy some not so much..probally a 2 mo cure would alleviate this..one day i'll have so much bud i'll be able to do that..meanwhile it's smoke em if you got em!..and i met expenses!
    taking cuts 001.JPG taking cuts 002.JPG taking cuts 004.JPG taking cuts 006.JPG after the rain 005.JPG after the rain 006.JPG after the rain 009.JPG

9. Update : Got the cloners hooked up and the cuts installed this morn..on chkng the SA i found that the other plnt is shwng pistills so looks like i'm blessed with two females both phenos of the same strain..excellent start to the sumer grow this yr.
    taking cuts 002.JPG makin clones 006.JPG makin clones 008.JPG makin clones 010.JPG makin clones 012.JPG

10. Gd' morn to all..My gardens are all looking pretty and beaming happiness this morn..clones in cloner are hangin tough after two days with little wilt...my silicone non stick mat and scraper arrived today and was delivered to my interior frnt dr surprisingly..glad i had no plnts in the hall..later today i may p/u some 151 if it's not too expensive for making tincture tomorrow..i'll get the dry ice tomorrow morn..Blk Ft Bud stopped by and i gave him a cart load of obsolete gear and prototypes i've been trying to get rid of for yrs..now i've got room to put the gear in my kitchen area dwn in the grocave and reclaim the space for a table and stools..i've also decided to start using 5 gal cvrd buckts to keep soil in..they stack and are much easier to wrk with imo than big ass totes..every time i want to turn my soil its a production..it nds to be done fairly often and the easier it is to do the more likely it'll be done and properly..the MG amazon is growing rapidly and the other is starting to take off as well..keepin an eye on that one in case it herms as i get weird vibe off it..could be a Judd in disguise instead of a Judy..got to get in there today and do more LST..i'm intending to use Msil's recepie for tincture..i still nd small jar and eyedropper/ bottles no rush as i'm going to make hash pellets first with my press..
    potwill 005.JPG potwill 012.JPG potwill 013.JPG potwill 009.JPG everything on sched 001.JPG everything on sched 004.JPG everything on sched 005.JPG everything on sched 007.JPG

11. Update..Gardens and now lab wrk..clones in cab 1 have settled in perfectly and the canopy is where i want it..i'm going to start flwr this evening..took samples from cab 2 n 3 and chk'd trics under the scope both look close ..i think another 15 days till harvest..clones are still hangin in there in the bubble cloner..one is a little wilted..the clone in ebb n flow i topped all branches and now it looks like it's going to have to go in cab 2 instead of 3 cause it's going to be large in sq inches cvrd so 2 will be more appropiate..i'll get an inline if i must..i got in the SA and tied both plnts dwn under the wall before all the wind and rain..both are very hardy and i'm not worried about them at all..got all my leaf turned into hash pellets..made two grades..160 micron and 220..ended up with about 7 grms..decarbed 6 grms that turned into 4.5 grms..after overnite in frzer this morn i added 150 ml of chilled 151 rum shhook for 5 min and returned to frzer..figure later today i will make a smoothie during the race..fun in the lab..having all the non stick stuff made it easy even though laborious it was fun and clean up was easy..chk the pic of my sink 
    hash run 005.JPG hash run 006.JPG hash run 007.JPG hash run 008.JPG tie dwn for rain 009.JPG tie dwn for rain 010.JPG tincture mix and the gardens 002.JPG tincture mix and the gardens 003.JPG View attachment blue thai cab 3-1.bmp View attachment blue thai cab 3-2.bmp View attachment canadian cheese 1.bmp View attachment canadian cheese 2.bmp

12. Sprk i decarbed in air tight metal container at 220 for 20 min and then let sit in oven 10 min more..i think the pot was ok but not killa so the hash was representative of that..i give the project a C+..next time i'll sort the leaf and popcrn so i can get better grades of hash..also i think 48 hrs in the frezr is better than 24hrs to let it steep..i tried two fingers worth with my tea this morn..it definitely was stronger than yesterdays smoothie..all part of the learning curve..on thurs my grow ptnr and i will have sampling of the past harvest..tincture n hash pellets n bud

13. Sounds like a fun time to me! Enjoy and have a great day.

14. Sounds about right doc. The longer it steeps the more infused the alcohol becomes. And don't forget to shake before serving to mix up the hash particles. I'm sure it's at least a week prior to use, and that spends most it's time in the freezer during the week. Silly Pharm gots the method down, and since he runs multiple batches, they do sit and process for quite some time.

There's always a first time for everything. Tbh your lucky you didn't take too much your first go. Haha I made caps too strong my first time, and doing the lick the spoon clean method, I found myself locked to my couch gripping the seat as if I was on a roller coaster ride 👹. Haha that was some intense stuff to say the least.

Fundamental Elements Cannabis Organic Garden
    SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

15. Doc what type of metal container are you using?
    We need to make a decarb unit that can be plugged in overnight and when you wake up it would be finished and ready to use (kinda like a bread maker)
    Might be a good invention

16. Doc are you placing the hash pellets into everclear as pellets or are you crushing them back up before the soak?

17. This morn i made a peach juice,suya mix,and lime drink and the last of the tincture..now thass what i'm talkin about!..longer steeping time definitely is the key..next time i wait and shake minimum a week..i used the tin in the pic to decarb and i did it in pellet form..i added it to the 151 in pellet and crushed form..the pellets broke up and mixed nicely..my understanding is that you can't get everclear in cali cause it's against the law thass why i'm using 151 rum..next time i'm at my fav japan twn store i will look for a mini rice cooker than can be co-opted for decarb
    hash run 007.JPG tincture mix and the gardens 001.JPG

18. It's good to know I'm not the only one to make the spoon licking fun ride.. LMAO !!! :smoke:  :smoking:  :bongin:  :yummy:

19. http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx/Spirits/Other-Whiskeys/Everclear/Everclear-151-Grain-Alcohol/3709
    Check bevmo as it says the 151 everclear is in stock..