Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. As a matter of fact i spent two hrs out there this morn...pulled all the cacti, pulled the fence and got the SIP's out, trnsplnted some of the biggest cactus using the trellis to support them..tommorrow i'll start taking measurements..to do this job i'm going to need a good carpenters hnd saw , wood screws...i also think i will plnt cactus out there on the otherside of the fence..put a board across the blocks and then backfill against it till level and then plnt the cacti..then put the fence up..once that's up i'll figure the rest out..i'll do all the cheap stuff first a little each day
    oudr revamping 001.JPG oudr revamping 002.JPG oudr revamping 004.JPG oudr revamping 006.JPG oudr revamping 009.JPG oudr revamping 010.JPG

2. Looking Great Doc
    Cant wait to see the final 

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

4. Stiggy ..Bobby M has always had a charmed life..that guy always had a sweet gig when the rest of us were scuffling for gigs back in the day..then he had this mega hit and went corporate..made soooo much money he got out of music and now he's a tenured professor at i forget where..left that bay area life totally behind..a winner! still getting big chks off that song..just be happy indeed..it's ironic if you know the back story

5. Update: Sunday nite so i'm winding dwn from a day of football..Chargers lost as exspected..too many interceptions..in cab 2 i decided to put both plnts under one screen instead of two..cab 3 i'm treating with epsom salt in the soup and spraying them daily with it as well..understanding the cal-mag increase because of led is tricky..you gotta use more than you think but less nutes..very tricky..i'm spraying all cabs and they seem to really like it..cab 1 looks great in it's dual screen..

I wrkd on the outdr grw space..so far i moved all the cacti and took the fence apart and cobbled up a temp fence..tomorrow i'm going to lowes for the stuff to do it right..i'm hoping my lite drill can do the job..i got more than enough wood in the boiler rm but idk if my drill can drill thru wood into cinder blk..thinking i'm going to attach boards to the cinder block and then attach fence boards to that..that'll do for the bk part..get river rock dwn so it's not muddy and i trk it all over the place..

Thought i'd be burnt out but i wasn't sleepy at all and stayed up thru 3 ftball games..it's good to have a project to wrk on
    ugly fence wrk 001.JPG ugly fence wrk 003.JPG cab 2 rearranged 001.JPG cab 2 rearranged 005.JPG cab 2 rearranged 008.JPG

6. LOL
    Doc I thought you were saying you got done playin football
    I could not walk for a month if I got tackled    LOL
    Lookin good

Hey DM, i also will keep an eye on the fans, lol, if anything happened, please feel free to contact me, so that i can help you at the first, lol

lol, looks great DM, haha :) :) :)

8. Gd evening to all..My camera died today so these are the last pics till i get another el cheapo cam..cause it's x-mas all the cheapos are outta stock..the only thing i take pics of are the garden so i can't see spending more than $30 max on a cam..

The garddens are all developing nicely..cab 1 with the BT's i'm going to start flwr on sunday at 60 days..cab 2 around the 2nd wk of jan..cab 3 will be a while before flwr so lite lks between the two cabs at that time could be tricky ..lots easyer to have both cabs on same cycle like now..i'll get er done by then..

I changed my soup mix to more cal-mag and less nutes plus epsom salt..all the plnts are now wrkng out of the def they had..i cleaned my cloners up along with the incubation chmbr..i usually use cfls for making clones but this time i'll be using led to see if the rooting happens faster..i'll be taking cuts ffrom the knucks when they root they're going in soil and out to the hallway..i installed a shelf in the hallwindow that you can't get to except on a step ladder for them..

I completed most of the revamping of the sally alley..backfilled outside the fence and trnsplnted all the cactus out there ..wtrd them in with rain wtr and then buttoned the fence up..dug dwn the grnd about 8'' so when you're in the space the top of my head can't be seen over the fence..i left gravel in part of the space because it covers the foundation..the rest i'm filling in with rubberized mulch..the space is 48'' deep and about 5' across..best light is against the wall  due to opposite wall makes a big shadow..all i have left to do is install the frnt fence section and secret door..i gotta paint them before i install it to reinforce the illusion that there's not a back fence with a space between..when the frnt fence is lit by solar spots you will not be able to tell..it's going to take about 4-5 spots thru the yrd to get the look right..i'd like to get this all done for x-mas..gonna look nice whether standing in the hall looking ddwn  or sitting dwn stairs smoking a J ..budget is winding dwn for this and i'm getting low on weed so i gotta finish before i gotta start buying smoke till i have another harvest..

I found two mystery seeds given to me by my grw ptnr for my b-day in 2013..doubt they're viable as they were taped to the card but we'll see..i'm presoaking now and will germ tomorrow..should know on sun if they're viable..if not i'm going to tdrdrp some haz c x sks..these are for outdr back up if the clones don't make  it..just tryin to stay occuppied but not busy if you get what i mean
    even more yrd wrk 002.JPG even more yrd wrk 004.JPG even more yrd wrk 006.JPG even more yrd wrk 008.JPG even more yrd wrk 011.JPG even more yrd wrk 013.JPG

9. Update: Went on a search to find a nu cheap camera..online there are none..''temporaily out of stock'' even locally the 3 places i chk'd were sold out..i did the next best thing i bought a used cam from amazon 3rd party seller..new it had 4 out of 5 stars and 120 good reviews..it won't have a battery charger,batteries or the memory card..i don't need that so for $20 shipped thass good price..i got my cool tube and temp controller used off amazon and they were very good buys so i'll risk it..

Storm finally hit this morn..took 5 mins to finish filling my wtr barrel..of course the roof is leaking..i called the 3M's who came out at the height of the storm wearing trash bags and did the job they should have done 3 wks ago..looked like greasy sea otters..i was worried the grnd in the sally alley would turn into big puddle but that hasn't been the case it's been absorbing it all ..it's been very windy but the fence is still standing..i'll check the space in the morn but i think it'll be ok..i stood in the rain with a 5 gal tub held under the two spouts..it took about 4 mins to fill it..so i'm guesstimating 1.2 gals a min..i could have filled another barrel easily but being as i don't know my needs yet i think 150 gals will do for now,,

Cab 3 i'm back n forth what to do..the runt BT came back from it's def and is growing strongly..she ain't no runt anymore..the WF is also doing very well and grwng ggood roots..the little seedling WF is grwng but slowly..i'm thinking i'm going to put it in soil and out in the hallway..i'm thinking the odds will be better for it there than in the res..the BT and the WF are close in age and size so they'll grow well together..the seedling will never catch up nor should i expect it to..if the mystery seeds germ they'll all grow well together imo..i'll have seedlings in one window and clones in the other ..the way things are going i may be able to flwr cab 2&3 at the same time dwn da road and not have to worry about intercab lite leaks..

10. Gd' day to all..Football sun so i'm doing my routine..i trimmed the plnts in cab 1 of all the fromunda the screen and spread the tops out..theres about 10 that will be colas..i'm still running epsom and spraying it..i'm topping off with add bk on all rez's..C02 got all used up as i had turned it up from 1.5lpm to at the end 3.5lpm..some is better than none..flwrng starts tomorrow..

Amazingly the two mystery seeds popped when i chkd them this morn on the third day..ea had a 3/4'' tail and were put in rr cubes under the led..i've named them Mastadon's Gift cause they were given to me for my B-day 2013 by my grw ptnr who uses that non de plume when out n about..i took three cuts from the Knucks and put them in the bubble cloners so it's full capacity in the incubator..n
    The rains are over and sunny during the days so i'm going to put the seedling in the hall window during the day and under led at nite this wk till it warms up a little more..been sorta cool last couple of nites..the temps with led has been perfect even with no 6'' inline fan..wondering if i can flwr without it ..thinking i'll cover the 6'' hole with a pie pan during the nite cycle when the time comes to flwr..saving $150 would be huge!..at this time..
    I found a good price on neem cake so i'm going to order some today..i don't feel like running around locally looking for it and i think i've enough of everything else to reamend my soil properly..

This is going to be my first flwr cycle under the new leds..i'm a little anxious about the stretch under leds..you do nd some stretch and my plnts stretched very little during veg..a 12'' stretch is ok..18'' is not..just have to see and roll with it

11. Doc..  Things are looking great here as usual.. I'd expect nothing less from you my friend...

12. Update: I think i finally got a handle on using my nutes with led..cab 3 luvs 280@6.0 ..WF and BT are growing quickly and i'm getting crazy root growth on the WF..cab 2 with the Knucks 420@6.0-6.2 seems to be their preference they sucked it dwn to 280ppm and i added add bk to bring it back up..cab 1 was at 560@5.7..after two days no change and rez still full..i pulled half the soup and replaced with r/o dropped to 420@6.0 within an hr they got all taut and perky..grew 3/4'' ovr nite..all cabs are sucking nutes so quik that next soup chng i'm kick'n in the headers so i don't have to top off daily..the WF that was in cab 3 and was trnsplnted to soil is growing fabulously no sign of shock at all..i used a sample sachet of this new MYCOS on the TP..i think it didn't like it's placement in chmbr 3 or the root temp which at the time was 58-65..did some research and found root temp shouldn't go lower than 65..solved it by taking 18'' out of cooling coil in the rez..now it's consistent 65-69..
    I did a test fit of the fence and it fit well..next time i'll install it permanently..today i'm going to paint them..flat gray i'm thinking..the paint i got for covering graffitti will work perfectly..i'll get a el cheapo $2 rollern hndle at the store later this morn..i'm in no rush but the rains are coming again this wk..
    I did order neem cake on amazon ..discontinued 5lb tub for $30 shipped..should arrive thurs..meanwhile amazon says camera was being readied for shipment either yesterday or today by 3rd party seller..sometimes these guys have sold the item and haven't updated so it's still listed..thumbs are crossed! 
    The DG's are losing their helmet heads by them selves..clones are holding on..i spray every other time i go in there..i'm waiting till tomorrow to look in the cloners for roots and add wtr..shopped for smart pots and found a 5pk of 3 gals for $23..not too bad imo so i put it in my cart..speaking of carts..i had my whl barrow full of soil for last cpl of wks..went to move it and i got a flat tire from all the wt sitting on it..tipped it on it's hndls and used fix a flat to fill it..think it'll be ok for now but i need to get it reamended and in totes..this wk not a lot to do jjust enough to keep me occupied..looking forward to smokin more bud and going all ''Tom Sawyer and the fence''..lol! except i'm not sharing the pleasure!!

13. Gd' morn to all..rained for two days so no painting got done ..20% chance of rain today so i'll chill till maybe fri or sat morn..i'm runnin a flush on all gardens..the WF i did a fin/topping and bent it so it could be LST'd to the ht of the BT..
    Heard from amazon and my camera has shipped!..i'm hoping it's going to wrk out and not be a peice of crap that i can't figure out how to use..i never could figure out the flash on my other camera which is why many of my pics imo are crap..i wuz so bored yesterday i rented a movie ..The Maze..it was Lord of the Flys meets Hunger Games..not really bad just not worth $5..had to watch Death Race 1 with Jason Stratham to feel sense of closure as Maze is all about the sequel..i'm so ready for all the damm x-mas shows and pledge nites to be over..at least theres football tonite i think..can't see it but i can lisen on the radio..my stash is just about gone and nxt wk i gotta buy smoke..there goes the grow budget pretty much but due to timely purchases i'm stocked up on indr/outdr supplies ..only thing i need are yrd solar lites and a 5pk of 3 gal smart pots..only the smart pots are time sensitive so i'm good to go..lately i've been talking  a touch of politics with the china rep for mars-hydro..it's sad how deluded she is..and she's very representative of the avg chinese..they don't get at all whhy we have strikes so their buisness gets delayed...i find it ddepressing to a degree they have no human rights and joyfully accept that..and i take advantage of the cheap labor and buy the products made by wage slaves..it's a negative cycle and it makes me feel slimy

14. Update: Winding the wknd dwn..got a good bit of work done..the fence is fully painted and ready to be installed..i also painted the walls ..on my to do list is install carpet tack strips on top the wall where they won't be visible except from above..the security cam systm..solar lites...about $250 should do it..lol!..i'll do the carpet tack strips first for $3...

One of the things i'm noticing is how the sun shines into the space..i think i might have had the plnts facing the wrong direction..i want southwestern exposure and i think i might have been more westerly..gotta check with a compass to make sure before any plnts go out there..camera still has not arrived so no pics..gardens are all looking and doing well..i started doing my IPM this wk in earnst on the indr..

This wk's projects are install the fence and start wrkng on the soil..i'm thinking about putting the unamended soil in totes..then taking the soil thats been cooking in totes for about 3 mos and adding the neem cake to it..then putting it in the sips with cvrs and then just tp into it when the plnts are ready..sorta plnt n play..the unamended stuff won't be needed till may for the second summer wave so i got time..

15. #955 STIGGY, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Tack strips?
    Tweaker repellent?
    LOL
    I would add electric to the tacks too. (For shock value)

16. Gd' day to all..Got the fence installed and i got some tweaking to do..i had the direction the sun shines all wrong and it shines right thru the fence slats..those will have to be covered by basebrd 1/2 round strips..once i got the fence in i realized there'll be just enough space for 3 maybe 4 gd sized plnts..i got three canidates for this first go..the WF and two MG's are doing well in the hall windows..
    My camera has not arrived but the old one wrks intermittitly so i was able to take some pics..cab 1 is in wk 2 flwr and stretching daily ..filled the screen nicely and came back from def..cab 2 is in veg same as chmbr 3 both will be flwrd in another two wks..no telling whats going to happen in chmbr 3 as i'm only going to LST those two under the 48x3w..

Today i'm going to start playing with soil..amend two cooking totes with neem cake and str in cvrd sip's..fill two totes with just used soil to be amended for summer use..my stash is gone and i'm smoking leaf..supposed to go in with grw ptnr on some and in her usual fashion shes not answrng the phone hanging me up..looks like no bud for x-mas..again! this yr i did plan better and i took care of my leaf..just in case! it does give a nice buzz and because no nutes were used no acrid nasty taste..i needed to lower my resistance anyway..right! just doing the best i can but idk if i ever will see a 1 lb harvest..all that i do, study, and build..i just can't get there..people i help who couldn't even figure out that you gotta take the cap off the pen for it to wrk within a yr are grwng lbs!! i'm always on the edge of being out of smoke..people are just smoking pot they grew last yr at this time!! i can't even conceive of having that kind of reserve..i'm always runnin on empty on everything! After awhile it just beats you dwn especially with no distractions..if i could have success in this area imo the rest of my life would be more fulfilling than its been lately..i'm existing not living
    this morn hallway 003.JPG this morn hallway 005.JPG fence installed 013.JPG fence installed 005.JPG fence installed 001.JPG fence installed 004.JPG

17. Happy Holidaze Doc..

18. Update..One more holiday to make it thru and it'll be over for another yr..i consider them to be for children,families, and young lovers..if you're not one of those it feels like  the big FU..i'm in my holiday free zone till  jan 1 when all returns to normal..i got a kissamyluv from food stamps..startin 1/1/15 i'll lose $19 a month until their mistaken overpayment of $63 is paid off..this does not cover the other $300 as it's their mistake..they wrote that off because i would appeal and win..but that $63 is their pound of flesh and they intend to have it..it's a trade off as without their mistake i'd never have been able to afford my 3 new led lites.
    One of my goals this yr is to improve my diet and get my cholesterol dwn..i'm not fat cause i don't have the $ to be that but i eat crap cause it's cheap..i cook daily but it's the same stuff over and over with no variety..i watch cooking shows and i'd like to make what i see till i price the ingredients..r u kiddin' me! my fav cooking shw online ..Sam the Cooking Guy..i drool when i watch that show..not so much on the food but the gear he has..the stuff he has to make his dishes if you ain't got it good luck! Try making garlic bread without a garlic press..Gear is vital for many projects just like in soil and hydro..you doing hydro with no ph n ppm pens..thats more than just a challenge..wrkng soil with no shovel..bust ass! My dream is to take my kitchen want list ( good housekeepin article i've had for going on 20yrs) go to a specialty cooking wares str and drp about $1500 max..starting with knives! long as i'm dreamin..i'd drop 2K on the car to fix the fuel pump so it don't leak, new tires..frnt end wrk..i'd like to be able to go places without constant fear of iminient breakdwn..maybe this will be the yr of labor lawsuit payout..we won the suit back in 2011 after being in litigation since 2009..court gave them 3 yrs to pay into a fund and when the judgement is fulfilled we all get our payout..i called the lawyers cple mos back and they said april 2015..idk how much as it's based on how long you wrked at the co..i was there for 3 yrs of the 4 yrs the suit covers so it could be decent..judgement is around 950K ..the lawyers get 200K..the rest gets split between about 30 ex employees..ANYTHING at all will be a godsend..i'll be like that Betty Boop cartoon ''When my ship comes in''...Stiggy look it up it's great! my camera still has not arrived..they got till jan 7 then i'm going to want a refund from amazon..speaking of..come feb i'm letting prime go..the movie selection is crappy and expensive for anything decent..twice i either got totally the wrng stuff or not at all..the items are more expensive on prime..i've been ordering less and less anyway plus no one will price match with them locally cause they undercut distrbutors..they find out whats selling well then go to the supplier and buy it out for low price then undercut distributor..my hydro str hates them rightfully so imo..last yr at $79 it was good deal..then they raised it to $99! it was national story because there was no reason other than pure greed..they were already making a killing but that wasn't enough for Bezos..i hate everything he represents but he is a necessary evil i guess..i did get hold of my grw ptnr but the deal won't happen till wknd being as she hadn't even called the guy..my other dream if my ship comes in would be to have a lb in jars stashed away for times like now.. between harvests outta smoke and smoking leaf..smoking leaf makes you wisful