Dr. Mengle's JJ Style Grow with Southern Star Seeds

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Dr M, Jan 9, 2013.

1. #841 Dr M, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    Gd' morn to all..Got out early and gave the SKS the chop..so now there are 4 fem haz c in the alley..two in SIP's look good the others are ok..i know they pick up the density and wt towards the end but they look light at the moment..just gotta be patient as there's nothing to be done at this point..next time i'll start them off on the stools , have less plnts,  start the screens right from the start, and use only SIP's..the soil mix is great as well as the sip's and genetics..too soon to tell about the timing but i think i got it right this yr..

Indoor is doing ok..the WF in the incubator are doing well..this time i'm going to skip the solo cups and go direct to 1L grow bg..i still have starter soil and 5 bgs so i'll do 4 in the hallway window right off and the rest in the led chmbr..the 3 cuttings have not wilted in the cloner tray so thats good..i'm not cooling the wtr in the cloner theres no need till there's roots..

Cab 1 the two left are still being coy about what they are..tonite at lights on i'm chopping one and transferring the haz c from cab 2 and shutting that cab dwn..the heat with all cabs going has been up there and i've been using the a/c more than i'd like..day for myself and nite for the cabs..cab 1 cools better than cab 2..cab 2 has 600w MH and i've got it at lowest setting  but that cab seems warmer now than when i use hps in it..sleeping is uncomfortable without the a/c so it's tricky..more like a series of 2hr max naps..i sleep when i get sleepy ..i don't fight it..that mid afternoon nap is totally refreshing..today is pbs cooking , gardening,home improvement shows...i'm in for the day finished my gardening early
    sks gets the chop 005.JPG sks gets the chop 003.JPG sks gets the chop 008.JPG more germs 008.JPG more germs 004.JPG more germs 001.JPG more germs 005.JPG

2. #842 Dr M, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Update: mixed fresh soup for both cabs after two day flush ..still no sign of sex in cab 1..cab 2 the roots were sitting within the cooling coil..that might have been causing stress so i moved them..don't want ice on my balls neither..plnt feels better for it..put the first seedlings in grow bgs out in the hallway window
    fresh soup for both cabs 001.JPG fresh soup for both cabs 003.JPG fresh soup for both cabs 004.JPG

3. #843 Dr M, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    Gd' day to all...There is progress but not in cab 1..still no sign of sex..cab 2 i installed the screen and started to weave thru the screen..cloner cuttings are showing very tiny roots so i added rapid start to the wtr...out in the hallway the WF are doing their thing phototropic wise..WF in incubator have helmet head and only one is likely to make it. Sally alley is doing well basically..sip's are working well and those plnts are budding nicely however plnt in air pot on the end is yellowing..probally need to top dress with ewc/kelp..all need to get molasses this wk..i sprayed yesterday morn..just ridin it out..at glacial speed..
    sally alley day after spraying 003.JPG sally alley day after spraying 006.JPG sally alley day after spraying 014.JPG sally alley day after spraying 018.JPG starting the screeen 002.JPG starting the screeen 003.JPG starting the screeen 004.JPG

4. #844 Dr M, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    Gd evening to all..Sorta lots going on..sex finally showed in cab 1 and i have two fems which is terrific but now i gotta rethink and arrange things..instead of putting the screen in i'm going to LST it out ..i trimmed them a little and took cuttings from the fromunda..cab 2 plnt will continue and finish it's cycle in the cab..it's under MH and idk if i can afford a hps for awhile..even the el cheapo Apollo bulbs i use..maybe by the time veg is over in 3 wks i'll have some money..depends how the food stamps increase goes..

I've decided to take 4 of the 5 Wizards Fire seedlings over to longshot grove and keep just one for the sally alley..the 3 clones that now have decent roots i'm going to put in soil and in the hallway window..it's a no room at the inn situation..the seedlings could be anything and the odds are up there in not a good way..the SKS was 4 for 4 males after all..the clones though a little small ARE fems so they'll be no drama..be wiser to nuture them than 4 unknown..1 unknown is ok but not 5..i'll let my grow ptnr deal with it for the rest of summer..the two cuttings i took will go in the cloner and when they have roots they'll go in soil as well..that'll give me if they make it 5 haz c clones for the sally alley and 1 unknown WF..i'll be cutting the timing tight in terms of window space because 10''-12'' is about max for the window and i want 14'' before it goes in SIP's and out to the SA..

The SA got a dusting of D.earth and all plnts got molasses..they luvd it and puffed up..they still can't be seen from the ground but from up top (my view) i can see them growing as they get to the prime part of their day..i'm worried about jackers but what can you do? at least there's no odor..yet

I let my cable tv go and hooked up my rabbit ears..i don't have cbs anymore but i got fox,pbs, this tv, antenna tv, cw,and a local programming chnl..the rest are spanish..i got a smart tv so i can hook the computer up to it once i get the right cables..i got the 1/4'' for audio and now i gotta get a VGA plug n cable..$10 on amazon prime..this works as slick as i think it'll be a long time before i get fire tv..now i gotta check into Hulu..

My other big project is getting the mold in the corner of my ceiling fixed and i gotta pull the a/c window unit and clean it out..it's laboring and blowing out stinky moldy smelling air..googled what to do and i got all the stuff to blow it out..i'll spray the insides dwn with pool shk..problem is the fool who installed the face plate around the unit nailed it in and then caulked it didn't use screws..took a yr between when it was installed and when he came back to do the face plate to prevent drafts..and then he did a f- job ..it hasn't been serviced in 7 yrs other than the front filter that i clean regularly..got my place smelling like spilt wine bong water..nasty! called the shit last nite..voice mail..called this morn..oh we can come tommorrow..after waiting 2 mos now i'm supposed to chop chop move furniture and gear..F- that! you come early next wk give me a chance to do that stuff and not hurt myself in a big rush..guy said he'd call me back to schedule..that was at 9am and he never called back! next time i call my call will go directly to voicemail because thats what he does..avoids things till they pile up and then he does a poor job..and makes a mess..never comes with the tools or right part to do the job properly..goes tto HD constantly in the middle of the job..and the guys that work with him!!! i have to watch them or they walk off with stuff like your vac, brooms, step ladder..i started locking all that stuff in a utility closet.. greasy bastid used master key to go in there for something and then locked the door from the inside when he closed it..had to break the door down to open it! said he'd fix it 6 yrs ago!! we got into it that day and the landlady had to straighten his dumbass out..i changed the lock as well..he don't ask so anytime his crew is on the property i'm vigilant..i do not lend stuff anymore ever unless i'm standing right there while you use it..and i always check the back of their truck..yanked my step ladder twice out of their truck..''i was going to return it''..they used my whl barrow and left the tire flat..i had to fix it to do my garden at my expense and time..

I listened to the Adam Dunn show on icanibis radio..it was an excellent discussion on IPM even though my eyes did glaze over i picked up quite a bit..all the pot bon mots were a little tedious..i tried to listen to another show from another day and went promptly asleep..they get some long winded stoners and they drone on and on till they and you lose track of what the inital point was..zzzzz
    trim n' LST 001.JPG trim n' LST 003.JPG trim n' LST 004.JPG cuttings 002.JPG

5. #845 Dr M, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Update: Did musical chairs with the clones and now all 6 are in the led chmbr ..4 in soil 2 in the cloner all destined for the window and then sip's and the sally alley..tommorrows project is to do some rearranging so maintance can get at the corner with mold in the ceiling and the a/c window unit to pull it so i can clean it's innards...a tedious chore at best but it's best i do it so it's done properly..like i predicted i had to call the fool this am to schedule for mon morn cause he forgot to call back..i'll give it a 65% chance no one shows up on monday morn..gonna call the landlady about my tall toilet anyway so we'll see
    haz c clones 002.JPG

6. Gd ' morn to all..gardens are running on sched..cab 1 this morn i added the header..pulled the plnts from their ports and switched their positions so i can start doing LST during their stretch..i need to stretch them out towards the left side of the cab..to fill the cab evenly i'll do a bit everyday..cab 2 i continue to weave daily..led chmbr is running at max using just the one light..got 3 haz c clones and 1 Wiz'rds Fire seedling in soil..using mini tubs that make better use of space/soil..3 for $1.80 with cover ..in the middle are the two clones from cab 1 rooting in the cloner..all will go in the hallway

Took an early run this morn to longshot alley..it's a gangbang party over there! the one fem haze and 3 male SKS jizzing all over the place like a roman orgy..next time i go there i'll chop their heads and put them in a bucket of wtr..i took the 4 WF seedlings that were in the window over there..i put them in the mini greenhse so they'll be somewhat protected from any summer rains..

The sally alley got sprayed with green cure and lightly wtrd..bud was trying to peek over the fence so i used S hooks to pull it dwn to the screen..the sip's are doing well the air pots not so much..totally wrong gear for the space..inside yes outdrs no! SIP's only from now on..ants are getting uppity so i'm gonna have to put out ant traps of some sort..D earth isn't stopping them in certain areas so i'll have to attract them to their doom..
    flushing 009.JPG green cured 002.JPG flushing 006.JPG flushing 008.JPG green cured 003.JPG green cured 004.JPG green cured 007.JPG green cured 008.JPG green cured 009.JPG

7. Gd''day to all..My gardens and my life are going good this wk..cab 1 has LST'd up nice and is at 26 days into flwr using the lucas formula with just a couple of additives like cal- mag..cab 2 i'm doing daily tuckage and i'm going to start flwring on the 1st..Yoda reccomended having the screen 2/3 full at flwr so the stretch fill in the other 1/3..i'm learnin so we'll see..
    day 26 flwr 002.JPG day 26 flwr 004.JPG seedling after 1 wk in hallway 005.JPG
    The clones and seedling were moved to the window and are flourishing under 24/7 light..there 1 clone in the cloner that has dropped roots and will join them this wk..

Longshot Grove completed it's task of pollinating a female haz c naturally by proximity so the males got the chop..i made an attempt at saving pollen by shaking them in ziploc..the fem looks great..the seedlings in mini grnhse are doing well and i'm going to clean the sip's ,turn the soil get them ready for them..the sip;s worked great! i ordered a 6 pk for sally alley and Longshot..i'm thinking 5 for SA and 3 for LG.. i've got currently got 2 at SA and 2 at LG..i think i have just enough soil for the next wave..so it's just waiting all gardens are runnin tight..
    longshot grove males chopped 005.JPG longshot grove males chopped 015.JPG longshot grove males chopped 020.JPG longshot grove males chopped 023.JPG
    Sally alley day 26 flwr 006.JPG day 26 flwr 007.JPG day 26 flwr 009.JPG
    Rhumatologist gave me a 100% so i'm feelin good..food stamps increased my amount from $11 to $106 a mo with 8 mo of retro that workedd out to $144..after a yr long battle! i took my retro filled my fridge and still had half left with more comin next wk...the $100 rent increase was totally negated and will not affect me at all ..not having to spend money on food or pot you save big $..so i'm feelin flush..only outstanding matter is getting the car serviced and i could wait another mo because i haven't been driving...i've been thinking UPGRADES!!!

I want a led for cab 2..i have fallen in luv with a Bulldog micro..perfect footprint for my cab..i listened to the rep on icannibus radio and was duly impressed..what with discount code it's a whisper within my price range..the retro food stamps leaves a good surplus of cash..comparitive to where i ususally am at this time of the mo..i would put the micro in cab 2..the bulb and ballast( it dims) would go to cab 1..the 250w would go in spares..the 400w ballast would be paired with hood from cab 2 and sold on craigs list to some noob cheap..eventually cab 1 will get one but thats a long way away..so that how i'm rollin this morn

8. Good to hear that everything is working itself out for ya bro. Not trying to push anything on you that you're not into but I'm a firm believer that God is always on time. Whatever your beliefs are, they seem to be serving you well and I'm glad for you.

Looks like them babes inside have exploded with new growth man!

9. Gd' evening to all..Interesting events going on..Manny.moe,and mike came to work on the mold in the corner of my ceiling and put a big hole in the wall up near the ceiling..it wasn't mold but dry rot ..that's a big relief..they left the hole and now all the heat that usually pools at ceiling ht is exiting thru it..odors too..the apt is way more comfortable than it's ever been because now theres air flow..the a/c went i got the cover off was totally gunked up..dust had cloggged the weep holes as condensation had turned the dust into mud/mmuck..it was this that i was smelling..it couldn't be blown out and had  to be all wiped out but i got it done..made the 3 M's wait while i cleaned it..it's now reinstalled and running very nicely w ith no odor..i have a grill to cover the hole in the wall and it'll look better than new..landlady is cool with it..asked about my carpet and kitchen floor..she said not for 3-4 mos..this is perfect and will allow me to get all the grows in so nothing will be growing when i have to move stuff for the workmen.. cleaning air conditioner 005.JPG

Sent a email to Blk Dog led and heard back..discount code is good till end of aug..no senior discount avail..or used dented gear but if i want to buy two units they could work out a discount..with D. code the unit is $378 shipped..i will order the unit on fri..i'll be on budgetary lock dwn all of aug but it'll be worth it..

The last clone joined the hallway pod so i shut dwn and drained the led/cloner chmbr..tomorrow i'll top them..they're doing quite well and growing a little too fast..topping should slow them a bit but i'll probally have to tp them at least once before thhey go in their out dr SIP's and the Sally alley..my buckets arrive next wk..i need to make one sip up for longshot grove to join the ttwo already there..get them all ready and prepared for tp whenever the seedlings in the mini grnhse are ready..they were looking good..one was a runt that didn't make it leaving 3 strong ones.. cal mag added- hall pod 008.JPG

Cab 1 got some rods removed as at 28 days the stretch is almost over..it's time to add the uvb fixture from cab 2..i'll putter with that this wk..i intend to switch the hps to MH..i'll be able to get more watts using my 600w ballast and MH bulb at 50% in that cab..a tad more than current 250w but not as much as the 400w i would next plug into which is too much..the led works out to 270w with actual draw 135w..with my size cabs its about the heat and anything over 250w gets tricky..i'm learning more about cab temp vs leaf surface temp and the correlation..very interesting theroem i'll be able to check out with one cab on led and the other on hps same strains and dwc cal mag added- hall pod 004.JPG cal mag added- hall pod 001.JPG

10. Gd day to all..I'm having a chill sun old school style..oldies on vinyl..this was mkt day wk so it was intense but bills were paid ,gear was bought and now i'm on lockdwn till 9-3..i'm bunkered in till then..this is the home stretch for the sally alley so i'm home all the time keeping an eye out..every once in a while late at night i can smell them as they transpire..
    mixing soil=making sip 001.JPG mixing soil=making sip 002.JPG mixing soil=making sip 003.JPG mixing soil=making sip 004.JPG

I ordered the led so i'm just waiting ..i have confirmation but not shipping confirmation..meanwhile cab 2 is scrogging up perfectly..i do a daily tuck 10 min before lights out and it's easy so far ..plnt is very ppliable because i haven't gone heavy on the silica yet..both cabs are now flwring cab 1 34 days and cab 2 3 days..both are getting the same soup..lucas formula..the headers i added to both res are wrkg out great and i didn't change soup for 10 days just did ph' checks and wtr tp offs to the dwc of ice wtr on ocassion..
    day 3 flwr 004.JPG day 3 flwr 005.JPG

The  K-man Koolers are really doing the job i'm getting 24 hrs between frz pk chng..30 if i chg out the wtr for ice wtr when i chng the freeze pks...i'll get even more when i start using the led probally..i luv my HSN discounted humidifier with it's 3 day capacity..gives 3 beeps when it's empty that i can hear over everything..i'd miss a single beep

I decided to cook up more soil to be ready in sept..i'm using a new base soil called Vermi Fire my hydro str is carrying instead of my fav brnd..we'll see as it costs the same..i used the same amounts of amendments but this time i used r/o wtr to mix it up..be kind to my mycorrizae from the start.. mixing soil=making sip 010.JPG

My SIP arrived..was supposed to be 6 pk and they sent 1!turns out it was listing error as the vendor no longer carried the 6pk( amazon prime undercutting again)..they gave me the one for free and refunded my  money..all i really needed was the 1 at the moment so that was perfect! Dums i'm not sayin it..but it's twlight zone the  way things are working out

I got the sip built and it will go to long shot grove and join the two there for the three WF seedlings tp when ready..this wed i'll go there and clean /recyle the soil in the sip's there, give the pollinated haz c and seedling molasses...i'll do tp another time..they're in 1/2 gal bags so i've got time imo..but i haven't seen them for 2 wks
    mixing soil=making sip 008.JPG

Looks like the 3M's talked landlady into letting them fix the hole in the kitchen..they're saying it's a 2-day job..grrrr! these people have to be supervised or they fuck your stuff up..only thing they respect is the fact that i go ballistic on ocassion and have the lndlady's ear on  regular basis as that's my job..wk after next this is scheduled..

Weather has been weird..overcast, hot, windy, rainy, and humid sometimes at the same time..it's 81 in my apt 56% humidity but nowhere near that outdrs..but not uncomfortable with no a/c going only the window open..i'll take it

11. Let me know how the vermifire runs for you Doc.. I used a bag of it but didn't think it did as well as the FF ocean forest did..
    I still buy a bag of FFOF now and then mostly for initial transplants from rock wool to soil and as make up for losses of my own dirt supply.. It's still a damn good out of the bag base mix it just needs some amending for runs longer then a couple of months.... LOL

12. Update..gave cab 1 a trim to get some bud definition..they are ready for more light..cab 2 i continue to weave and primp..i'm still runnin r/o but i'm mixing soup tonite at lights on..hall pod plnts still jockeying for light ..think i'm going to tp into the 1/2 gal bgs this wk put them in a round bowl and rotate couple times daily so they all get equal amounts of sunlight..going over to longshot grove on wed..i'm excited to see the progress with the pollinated Haz C and the 3 WF seedlings..grw ptnr says all are doing well..i've heard that before so we'll see..Woody i'm on the outs with FFOF soil ever since they sold me a bag that had fungus gnats and i had to go def-con 1..had to get rid of my fav couch because they invaded it..it was bad!! i could never rec them cause of that..this vermi fire is focussed at grwng pot in the hydro str's opinion so i'll try it..even though i'm using amendments i'm not getting anything from lowes or hd except chicken manure idk about their soil for pot..it's ok for cactus..lol!
    trimaage -haircut 006.JPG trimaage -haircut 001.JPG trimaage -haircut 012.JPG

13. Man you got em coming along real nice Doc! Got me wanting to drop my Haz C also. I'm putting things together for an fall finish outdoors. I'm torn between running for bud or running for seed. I think the latter of the two actually sounds like the better plan.

Sounds like our weather is extending it's way towards you too. It rained here for most of the weekend so it's been crazy hot/humid. I enjoyed that rain though!

14. Same here Woody. I amended some ffof that I still have. Added some kelp meal and Malibu compost with more aeration. My own mix fried my seedlings a few weeks ago. They came back around eventually so lesson learned. I'm pretty happy to finally find a place in SD that has Malibu! Next step will be to compare it to eco scraps. I'm not opposed to using either one when I'm low on my own compost like now.

15. it's been at least 15 yrs since i did a grow for seeds..those seeds lasted about 8 yrs..i used the last when i moved to SD..after the last customs seizure i'm determined to be self sufficent for seeds then i can look at other strains available..think i'll be growing haz c x sks cross in the future for sometime to come if it works out..i'm really happy to have found the strain after yrs of trial n error..GC is responsible for helping me find the strain

16. Gd' day to all..The led came in yesterday and i installed it..it's everything and more..First thing i noted is the overall temp of the room was comfortable and i didn't use the a/c all night..that's BIG!! the install took 10  min total using all the hanging gear already in place..the unit is heavier than expected but not a problem..the light is very bright but not that HID glare that gets your eyes bleary..it wasn't hard to sleep with it on..the plnts reacted pretty quickly and by the end of the light cycle the growth was visible..guess the plnt didn't need brightness as much as the proper spectrum..
    garden just before lites out 003.JPG garden just before lites out 002.JPG

I put the ballast and bulb into cab 1 at 50% setting and at the end of cycle the plnt was stacking bud on what will be colas..50% is about 300w it had been at 250w..tonite i will kick it up to 75% and see just what this cab can do flat out with all systms at capacity..this is probally the last time i'll run HID in this cab..next grow definitely there'll be a led in it..maybe even sooner.

The cool tube definitely is going to be sold soon as the harvest is over..i have to have another unit for cab 1 soon as possible so i listed all my old gear for sale dirt cheap..ufo 90w, unknown brand led 120w, lumatek digital 250w, global digital 400w, and reflector hood with dual 4'' ports..$300 b/o on CL so we'll see..noobs are always looking for cheap leds..that's how i got this stuff..lol! now i know better! learning curve..

Tomorrow is big gardening day ..gonna see the Longshot Grove crew and get their nu shoes together for tp in a wk or so..hallway pod will be tp'd this wknd into 1/2 gal bags..right now they're jostling each other like 5 smokin hot chicks tryin to get mirror space in the disco bthrm to put their war paint on..i gotta take chrg daily and keep them apart..they are so spoiled. garden just before lites out 008.JPG

Today is overcast so i didn't do any wtrng outdrs or check in on the plnts but i can see from upstairs they look great and are thickening up even seen from the window..last nite i heard a chirp IN MY APT!!! code red!!! grasshopper!! i hunted that f- for 30 min ..i think the led drew it and it walked out into the open on the rug..GOTCHA!!! killed his dumb ass..tonite i will put sticky strips up..don't know how it got in but i'm not havin it!

The new Ikea catalog came in and it's time to get a good high on and go get inspired in the grdn dept..they have a three tier plnt stnd that might work in the sally alley..last yr i got the mini grnhse the WF's are currently in for $20....same as the plnt stnd..probally just end up using the two stools with a plank across them spanning the space

Attached Files:

17. Gd' day to all..Went to longshot grove yesterday..recycled the soil in the sip's , cleaned them up then refilled them..next time i go there i'll tp the WF's..one was a runt and i snuffed it to reuse the soil..i'll bring the seedling from the hall pod to join them..they're all about 12''..

The fem Haz C is pollinated and while checking for bugs a brwn seed popped out of it's case..i'll check in couple different spots for brwn seeds next time...if i see them i will harvest the plnt..grw ptnr found couple of worms and plucked them off..several leafs had much marks i noticed during my inspection..ptnr didn't spray or keep up with d. earth applications..,main thing is i got the seeds and the goal was accomplished and the future is secure once i chop and get it outta there to be dried and processed under my care..she thinks she's getting 1/2 the seeds..she'll get 1/4 no more no less..she will get 1/2 the bud however ..that site will never be more than a site for sexing and taking clones or dumping what i don't need or want..she won't spray and is a poor waterer, won't change, won't learn...too bad..i'll never get more than couple oz if that from the site..she says next yr SHE"S going to get seeds from the travlin rx guy or clones..i didn't say nuthin cause she has no idea of the grunt work involved..the failures haven't been hers for the last 3 summers they've been mine cause i did all the shit work that did not payoff because of her lackidasical attitude...for instance ..how can you be wtring a whole yrd full of plnts and you don't have a hose with some sort of on/off spray attachment !!? she's the garden version of a hoarder..she's a good friend but OMG she's messy..and you just can't be that with a cash crop.
    longshot alley clean up- recycle 025.JPG longshot alley clean up- recycle 024.JPG longshot alley clean up- recycle 004.JPG longshot alley clean up- recycle 001.JPG hallway pod tp'd 004.JPG

Attached Files:

18. Hey Doc, sorry to hear about the lack of effort with your partner there. That's the sort of thing that reminds me why I might be a little better off going solo. I've wanted to partner up in the past but I always worry that I'll end up on bad terms. I hope things work out for ya man.

19. #859 Dr M, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    Dums finding a good grow ptnr is like trying to find musicians for your band..everybody thinks they can play their instrument and be a rock star..in reality talent is less than 20% of what it takes..i'd rather have someone who hungers and has drive than a super talent who has no social skills so doesn't respect others..i've had to work with others in the past and i don't care for it but i needed their resources to move to the next plane..i've learned lots from the failures at that site..enough to now have my own site and move on to the next plane..the first summer failure when i learned about her lackidasical attitude was the most dissappointing but after that i never put all my eggs in the same basket..took time but now i've got my own outdr site developed and going, a ample supply of seeds for the future ( no more custom seizures jacking my sched)...and a perpetual cycle built up and under control..for me having a small garden i'm running myself rather than a big garden that i can't handle without help works better..i envy guys like Msil whose wives get in there and really particpate..of course there's guys who grow and their wives hate it..won't allow them to even post pics..so i guess there's no gaurantee you'll marry into a good grow ptnr either..lol! i look at it like this..i'm a control freak but life has taught me i can't be that with people and in general..however in my garden i can be totally in control of making my vision reality with no dissenting opinions but my own..there's so little in the world one can feel in total control of these days and it's not an illusion..talk about control i got the 3M's coming  to work on my kitchen today and they have to be supervised or they'll tear your shit up..do you have a broom ,ladder, vac, drp cloth, ..they give it back tore up, filthy, broken, covered in paint..i hate this but i'd be an idiot to leave these guys unsupervised so i'm early getting my ''mood'' together so i don' go Krakatoa east of java..these guys left a shwr enclosure behind my bldg instead of taking it to the dump last wk so i'm already pissed off..grrrr! gonna go shovel dirt and mellow out before they get here..when the sun comes up that is..lol!

20. Gd morn to all..The 3M's did their dirty worst and are done till they do dwnstairs..some time in the future they'll return to mud /tape and paint the wall..that could be wks or mos. idk..

I'm bent outta shape with Blk dog led..toldd them i was selling my hid gear to buy another unit and was trying to figure what price to sell it at..so as previous customer what kind of discount could i get? they offered $4!!!!! WTF! that got me mean angry..so got into shopping around and asking around..Blk dog ripped me off!!! i can get the exact same unit direct from China with a rep here on GC for 1/2 the price..not only that but BD inferred their units were made in USA..so i went to their GC  thread and read all 133 pgs of it to get a feel for how people feel about them and their products..i was very impressed and wished i found them previously..my attitude about china has changed because of their hardwrkng rep..there's a little lost in translation but they try hard to understand..this wk i'll arrange to ship the BD back and get a refund..probally cost me a 15% restocking fee but even with that i can still buy two lights which is what i really need anyway..offer me $4 discount mo fo think i'm gonna take that crap like i'm some stupid stoner..this ain't boulder, co..

I'm probally going to harvest the seeded fem at the LG this wknd  when i'm doing tp into sip's..3 Wizard Fire's..i chopped the runt in the SA as i'm out of smoke..the rest have 2 more wks to go..cab 1 is at 75% of 600w MH and cab 2 under led is doing well..so i'm sure a cheaper unit will do just as well with more diodes..3w vs 5w i don't think will matter with my small ft prnt..i'll just put the hid in storage..i listed it on CL for a wk and did not get even one call..temps here are going to be 90's all wk..it's 3am and i gotta run the a/c cause it's 88 in the cabs without it..that's my focus for the rest of the mo.my clones in the hallway are now going outdrs 3-4 hrs before noon to get them acclimated so it's not a shock when they go in the SA..other than the led thing my gardens are good
    early harvest 001.JPG early harvest 005.JPG early harvest 008.JPG