PA on its way?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dank-a-sauras, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Lol if it does I'd take the hour trip to pa every weekend, homeboys old man lives out there, bring him a bottle n I'm sure he'd let us toke up on his land :hello:

2. #204 dank-a-sauras, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Blades,

I am sad to report that John Hanger has dropped out of the democratic running due to insufficient funding.
    Aka not taking money from big corporations.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Although PA SB1182 didn't get past the house SB3 is going to be introduced in Jan.

Had a discussion with senator Leach last night, bill should be signed in May.

4. What is sb3? 570 here

5. #207 dank-a-sauras, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    State bill 3

It's the new updated bill that will go through.

Should be putting things like glaucoma and aids back on the treatable conditions list.

Smoking should be added back.

License fees for dispensaries should go down, a lot.

i have family in pa that would love to have something pass, but did you read that bill they're attaching it to, SB3? it's a bill designed to allow insurance companies to deny medical coverage for anything abortion related for women. i'm not going to argue the abortion thing but allowing the scum bag insurance companies even more "fuck the people" status is outrageous.

any links to the cannabis parts of the bill anyone?

7. #209 dank-a-sauras, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    That SB 3 died in the house in 2011.

The current SB 3 has yet to be authored.

I'm getting all this information from talking to senator Leach and Patrick Nightingale the director of the Pittsburgh chapter of NORML.

Full designing of the bill should start in Jan with an estimated signing date by Tom Wolf in April/May.

After he and it it takes 60 days to go into effect at which point the cannabis control board will be established.

After the process of getting licenses, acquiring property, creating a store, etc a reasonable date of store openings is Jan/Feb of 16. Hopefully earlier.

If you want to see what the final bill might look like read through SB 1182.

The only real changes that make a difference will be conditions and adding smoking back to the bill. Senator Fullmer who is co - authoring the bill is not backing down about the smoking part, it will be on the bill.

Should be no problem passing it. 1182 passed the Senate 43-7. It stalled in the house, my guess is because it's the end of the year and Corbett already promised to veto any bill that reaches his desk.

It has full bipartisan support so I see no back ups.

When I get more details, maybe even a preliminary copy, I'll post more details.

ah ok i see now, but i'm not real happy about 1182, it has zero in it for growing your own and that's bogus but i guess it's a start eh.

thanks for the info and i'm hoping Tom Wolf can get something done since their current jerk of a governor isn't.

9. Growing 2 plants for personal medical use should be in the new bill.

10. Time to move out of the 'burg Dude!

11. LOL i moved almost 6 months ago and haven't regretted it since.

12. Pa will be one of the last states to give in. I predict a few states will never change. Pa might well be one of these. Almost half the states already have some form of legal weed. We are already in the other half that has nothing.

13. Senator Folmer and Leach are confident the bill will be passed in May. Already passed the Senate 43-7 and stalled in the house. Tom Wolf already said he would sign it as soon as it hits his desk. So yeah

14. Last i read bill was for non smoking versions of grass only so only salves an oils maybe some form of ingestible pill. Also only for severe illnesses. No chronic pain an such. Dont get me wrong, awesome for people who are tryin to get this for their kidz who have siesures thats awesome for them and i appreciate their plight. Just dont expect anything from this bill that would allow for sales of any kind of legal bud. I saw that they were just trying to put through same version of bill as before if somethings changed please clue me in. Not tryin to be negative man an i hope im wrong. Tom wolfe did say he supports what theyre tryin to put through but what theyre tryin to put through doesnt offer anything for people who choose to medicate by smoking. At least that a@$hole corbits out of office:)

15. They're going back to original version and doing minor amendments from there.

Smoking/vaping included. More conditions covered, if you can believe it AIDS and glaucoma were left off.

License fees will drop. They're taking a clue from other med states and then just fixing it to work with what we've got going on in our state.
    Legal bud will be a little but Folmer predicts decriminalization in 2017 and full legal in 2018.

16. Sorry PA. I'm in New Jersey and we got all excited and had all the votes we needed to pass the bill until fat ass Christie denied it. I hope his stupidity doesn't influence your voters or Governor.

17. he have legal medicinal marijuana in Pa ... it justs barely covers anything and its not decriminalized .. Colorado had medicinal marijuana for years before decriminalizing it ... nobody really cares about medicinal marijuana other than medical patients... some of us aren't  aloud to take pain killers .. have medications that aren't working or otherwise need it to negate the terrible side effects of the medications we take ... the rest of the world wants it decriminalized, which hey, I support too ... but decriminalization is irrelevant to most of us.. decriminalization happens after people with LEGAL rights to have it complain about harassment ... thus showing the local and state government that it is uncivil, unconstitutional, and other wise unjust to pursue legal movements against medical marijuana users... then the state has to have a significant amount of MMP to even consider decriminalizing it .. philly passed it because of Temple U Hospital's cancer center is ranker highly in the US... right now im focused on them getting more conditions covered in are sloppy act ... that's what we patients need... the rest of the culture can wait ... because as of right now there is ABSOLUTELY no alternatives to liver damage caused by pain medication , when suffering from kidney diseases (ADPKD in my case)