Amsterdam 2013 : Myths + to go to coffeeshops.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by EuroWeed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. can anyone tell me which places to go and smoke decent weed? and prices as well? and places to stay too 

2. It's all more than "decent". I like to just wander the city and stumble upon coffeeshops as I go. For me amsterdam is more about experiencing the city, than finding the best weed.

What's your budget for accommodations? You can find anything from hostels to 5 star hotels to apartment or houseboat rentals. I prefer the latter, but again, it depends on what you want to spend.

3. Setting off to Dam tonight, whats been good at the mo?

£200 for place to stay and about £300-£400 maybe for smoking/food? hoping to dab  

5. its so easy to spend money in coffee shops because you get so high that you end up buying drinks and food too! i'm going at the end of july and possibly in april too on kings day 

6. #190 vandenberg, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Guys, in a couple of weeks there's a national holiday in the Netherlands which is celebrated in the whole country called Koningsnacht en Koningsdag. There are a LOT of parties all around the country and if you have the opportunity to visit Koningsdag you should definitely come over. It starts on April 25th (Koningsnacht - Kings night) and the party continues the next day (called Koningsdag - Kings day). Besides partying it's a national tradition to sell your old stuff which happens very early on Saturday 26th. This is called the Vrijmarkt (free market).

Just check out all the parties:
    http://www.djguide.nl/maand.p?maand=koningsdag&language=en

More info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koningsdag

Expect a LOT of people in Amsterdam on those days. If you like partying and want to visit Amsterdam, this is one of the best opportunities to do so.

7. I recommend you definitely visit smokey's coffee shop and the pilfigram (not sure if that's how it's spelled) cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I'll be there in late July for my second time, can't wait!! of the places you listed, I only stopped at Grey Area and Amnesia, both of which were pretty awesome...the Amnesia Haze at Amnesia was by far my favorite strain I have ever smoked, got super stoned.

9. Thanks for replying to my question/s dudes. Really appreciate it! 

Do any of the Amsterdam coffee shops have vaporizers these days? I recall seeing something about this but cannot recall where or when.

10. Just got back from the Dam yesterday. Really didn't want to come back to the UK and would love to live there one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I'm pretty sure they have vaporizers, especially in Amsterdam. As far as I know there are no laws or regulations agains vaporizers. I live in a town nearby Amsterdam and they have vaporizers in the local coffeeshop.

12. #196 Griffy, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Nince, thanks! Does anyone know if there are a coffeeshops with JUST vaporizers? Eg; smoking / combustion is not allowed?

13. Just got back a week ago, places I recommend would be:
    Easy times - nice isolators, albaraxas - lemon amnesia from here was my favourite bud I had, barney's and grey area are standardly must go to's, their reputations are well earned!
    In response to griffy rock land still exists and their g13 amni is awesome!

Sent from my LT26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Re: Amsterdam

I'm hoping to be able to go to Amsterdam next month. I would love to hear from anyone who can recommend the best B&B's or reasonably priced hotel's that are in the city center and hopefully cannabis friendly places too. It will be my first trip to Amsterdam and I will be traveling alone and as I am a middle aged female I'd preferably like my room very close to a great coffee shop to make it easy for me to get back to my room safely. I am looking for moderate prices and a private room. I'm too old to do the hostel thing. I'd also consider a house boat if they are affordable. I really need safe, clean and convenient in order to make my little weekend escape enjoyable. Is there anyone out there who can or will take a few minutes to help me with any advice or information? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much, Cheers!

15. Would like to share a hotel room?

By the way does Barneys, amnesia, and grey area have rude staff? I forger which specific one but I know I heard the popular ones tend to have the rude staff. One of them especially being rude.

16. I was there in the 1990's and it was very hard to even get a room, much less one that was nice, centrally located. and affordable.  We went to a travel agency in NYC and ended up with a shoe-box sized hotel room, which was OK since we were not there much and only went back to sleep, but reports these days say that the place has gotten worse and it's bedbug infested.  The best bet is an American hotel, but they're very $$$ in Amsterdam.  They can charge whatever they want, it's a very popular tourist destination.  Good luck.