Gay information thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Annicus, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stand with me friends, allies, free thinkers, oddballs and anyone else who is tired of the bullshit, we can make a difference, our voices will be heard and we will get what we deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I only say "partner" when I'm speaking in general about a person of either sex, like in hypothetical. As in "I prefer to have a partner who is submissive in bed." I am bi, so that partner be a male or female person.

I wouldn't use the word "partner" to refer to a specific person I'm dating. I'd say they're my boyfriend or girlfriend. If they don't like those terms, I'd figure out something else to call them.

Buy I don't like using "partner." To me, a partner is someone who you're assigned to or aligned with to do a specific activity. Like lab partners or business partners. The words "sex partners" mean any people who have sex together, regardless of what their relationship is, or even if they have one outside of that one night. If I had a steady girlfriend, I would want to call her something that signifies how I feel about her.

3. What do you call a gay dinosaur? A DINO-SORE-ASS

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Very funny :)

5. #487 Annicus, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Every 10 seconds someone commits suicide.

50% of those people are LGBTQ teens.

6. Things to ask yourself if you hate "the gays"

What happened to you to cause so much blind hatred in your heart ?

What did you plan to accomplish by stepping on the rights or heads of those you didn't agree with?

Did that idea not fit into your preconceived, censored, stereotypical heteronormalitive notij if how things and people should be ?

Do you hate yourself? Did you simply project that hate upon me?

Did you think you were fighting the good fight, ridding the world of faggot, or a dyke ?

Do you think anything you don't understand is inherently devious and demonic?

Are we going to demoralize America ?

7. Why hate gays? i dun get it. Also why assume we all want to fuck everyone of the same gender? No i did not come into the bathroom to gawk at your tiny penis.

8. Anybody else hear "gay" used as a pejorative almost every day?

9. #491 Zera, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Yep.

I don't really care unless the person really is saying that something IS gay and that's why its stupid or whatever.

Someone saying "The Xbox one is gay, I'm getting a PS4" is not something I care about at all.

If we have room for 2 meanings of the word gay, we can make space for another.

But someone saying "I don't like Jeff, he's so gay" is not OK, and I'll usually say something. (even when its clear from context that the person didn't mean Jeff actually is homosexual, just that they think Jeff is lame)

10. Yeah. If it's someone I think will take it well, and I'm going to be around a lot (coworker, housemate) I'll ask them to try to choose a different word, but it's just so ingrained in so many people's vocabulary.

11. Gay means jovial or happy, it's also been incorporated into the language as a term for homosexual and lesbian people.  However, if you say that you're feeling gay, people automatically assume that you mean you're attracted to the same sex.   It wasn't always like this. 

12. #494 garrison68, Apr 24, 2014
    Sez who? According to The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, there's insufficient data regarding suicides of gay people to make a claim like yours. 

13. Insignificant data?

I guess I must be wrong because numbers say so. All I know is LGBTQ make up the majority of suicides.

It's sad that people who have nothing wrong them other than the heteronormitivity that's forced on us are pushed so far, they trust so few and they don't feel safe being theirselves they kill themselves, families being embarrassed to have a "degenerate" relative don't tell the truth, or sweep "that" part of their life under the rug.

You can't say that doesn't happen...

14. #496 garrison68, Apr 24, 2014
    What you are claiming is simply not true, because most suicides are committed by older people, as shown in the link below. In 2010, the total youth population (age 15-24) had a rate of 10.5 suicides per 100,000 people, which is lower than the older groups.

15. #497 Annicus, Apr 24, 2014
  16. To put it another way, gay youth is a minority, and when you have low rates of suicides for all young people, there's no way that young LGBTQ sector could account for the majority of all suicides in America.   I wouldn't doubt that the percentages of suicide is higher among LGBTQ people than heterosexuals, but nowhere near the majority of suicides simply because there's not enough of them.  

17. There are six 10 second periods in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, and 365.25 days per year. Multiple that out and take 50% of it and you have 1,577,880 alleged LGBT suicides per year. That seems a bit high, Anni. It is, however, very true that LGBT youth are significantly more likely to attempt and commit suicide than heterosexual youth. The percentage is still higher, even if the total number may be lower.

18. The NYC Stonewall Riots is very misunderstood.  That place was mob-owned, and young, criminal hustlers were blackmailing closeted businessmen who they engaged in acts of prostitution with.  A special elete division of the police was sent in to close it down, with the excuse being that they did not have a liquor license, and violence broke out.  It was NOT harassment of gay people, the cops were actually trying to do the right thing.  There were many gay bars in NYC at the time, which were not being targeted by the police.  This particular one was corrupt and fostering criminal behavior. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.