First Grow - PC Case Mini-LAN Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by NugJar, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Looking good bro. Make sure to keep it as close as possible to the lights since your using that pc case.

I wouldn't be super focused on nutrients at this point just check on it daily

2. Day 8

Still using the plastic bag. I failed to mention that I lost one of the seedlings before using the bags. So I have full focus on this one. I did germ another seed for backup :D.

My goal was to move to veg case in 2 weeks, but I just can't see that being possible, as I'm dependent on the plastic bag still. Hope to see a growth boom in the next few days. I misted very lightly today. Temp is 77F, Humidity 31%.

Attached Files:

3. What lights did you use, how did u get them etc I have exactly same set up but decoding on lights

4. [quote name='"NugJar"']Day 8

Still using the plastic bag. I failed to mention that I lost one of the seedlings before using the bags. So I have full focus on this one. I did germ another seed for backup :D.

My goal was to move to veg case in 2 weeks, but I just can't see that being possible, as I'm dependent on the plastic bag still. Hope to see a growth boom in the next few days. I misted very lightly today. Temp is 77F, Humidity 31%.[/quote]

By this point in time you take off the bag and get it moved up close to the lights.

Continue misting it but don't be afraid ti give it somr water...like a qtr cup

5. I like your set up man! Glad everything is going great now and your baby is growing. I just recently had the same problem with mine and totally forgot about the bag method, now my baby just popped out of the soil and is on her way! Can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck!

6. If you ever decide to grow a few more seeds at a time what you can do is go to your local gardening center or wherever and just get a dome. It should have a black bottom and a clear dome like top. It makes it much easier and is more stable . They're only like 4 bucks too. Hope that helps :)
    subbed!

7. Day 9

I took the bag off now and will see how it goes in about 12 hours. Light water, about 1/4 cup as you suggested Indica. Im hoping she doesn't get a sunburn. Temp today 75F, humidity 25%

Attached Files:

8. Im using Daylight CFL 5000K bulbs from Home Depot (SKU# 384314). They are ridiculously cheap, $6.77 for a 4 pack. In the seedling box, I'm using 2 - 23W (100W) bulbs. They are rated 1600 lumens, so that's 3200 lumens at the moment. I may remove the power supply to install a 3rd fixture if needed. It's a low budget solution for seedlings.

The bag turned my hope around. It really served as a mini greenhouse. It's a newb lesson learned.

I actually visited a hydroponic supply store and picked up a tray, dome & pack of rockwool cubes. I want to try them in the future for sure.

9. I also wanted to show off a few other pictures of my boxes. I scored a pH meter at the home depot, not sure I want to trust it's findings. Should I pick up the little kits on ebay that come with bottles of pH Up & pH Down?

Attached Files:

10. I have a dome so just let me know how it works for you :)

11. Day 10

77F, 26%H

First full day without baggie. Seemed to made it a day ok. Im thinking the tips are just a tad on the discolored side, perhaps a light burn? The 3rd photo will show how close I am.

I misted gently again today, but did not water. Tomorrow Ill give it another 1/4 cup of water. Am I doing this right?

Attached Files:

12. Dont put water directly on the plants under the light. Just water the soil. The water droplets burn the leaves because they focus the light.

13. i think i'd leave the bag on a few days longer. you'd be surprised how much your fans will dry them out while they're this young. and an intake fan is most likely not necessary, at least not at this point. congratulations on turning her around though :)

14. [quote name='"Magik Mook"']i think i'd leave the bag on a few days longer. you'd be surprised how much your fans will dry them out while they're this young. and an intake fan is most likely not necessary, at least not at this point. congratulations on turning her around though :)[/quote]

Y i agree jus an exhaust fan works fine at this pt...

Just keel misting the leaves and watering...rule of thumb is to water when the soil is dry...are cups airated

15. Im pretty sure he said the cups have drainage holes.

16. Day 11

75F, 28%H

Put baggie on again yesterday. Soil is moist. The cups do have drainage holes. Put about 5 of them in about 1/4in each. I have a cup of dried up dirt I keep near to compare my cup to. It was dry yesterday (without bag). Gave it a good watering today, maybe 1/4-1/2 cup. Im worried about the discolored leaves. FFOF doing this? Here's today's pics.

Attached Files:

17. On a different note, I have done some more work on my other case in anticipation of transplanting and vegging. I added the deflectors above the cfls today. I also replaced my intake fan with a new one and added a filter. I have to make a decision as to what Im going to do with my grow. I have 3 options of larger pots to use in this case. If I grow 2 plants, then the 2 white containers will fit, otherwise the 1 larger pot will keep just 1 plant in box. Will have to decide LST or SCRoG. I only have 12" above the pot top.

Attached Files:

18. No not your soil. It was those water drops on the leaves. They act like magnifying glasses and focus light, burning your plant. Try not to spray these leaves. Only water at the base of the plant.

19. wow dude, you did some killer work that on that tower! i like those homemade deflectors

btw check the pic

Attached Files:

20. Makes sense. Do you think the damage will recover?