Is the pax vaporizer worth the money?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bong76, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hello fellas, I have just bought a pax and already had a solo.
    The thing here is really simple. Solo has a better vapor quality and for me, a better battery. Pax does the job and is stealth as hell. Im going to keep only pax, manly because Im selling my old solo for a good price here in Brazil. Here is pretty tought to find them. So thats it, if you want the best portable vapor quality go for solo, if you want to bring your vapor with you everywhere, go with pax. Pax is beatiful, feels good on your hand and I think worth the money.

2. The Pax is stealthy for sure. The main problem is that it travels every where and is to pretty and expensive to "not worry about".

Make sure to protect your pax with a carrying case. Had the oven lid fall off and lost a full oven load:(

look on ebay or amazon for a pax case and pax in peace.

The Pax is all and all awesome!!!

3. Hello. I personally think it save a lot. I completely agree with JoshSF. seeing it is super stealthy and easy to use everywhere I sometimes get a little too excited and use more.

Full oven = (.25 grams for me) = about 22 good clouds. Depending on your tolerance 2 - 3 good clouds on medium does the trick.

Enjoy!!

4. Holy shit I'm psyched! I plan on getting one very soon, I'm a bit bummed that no one here distributes the pax locally. Has anybody ordered directly from them?

I've also thought about the DaVinci Ascent, any thoughts on it?

5. If you wanna drop the cash, GET THE ASCENT. It is going to be 10x better than the Pax.

I owned 2 Paxes, and they are good in the beginning but eventually they break down and don't work as well as in the beginning. The bowls go quickly and if you don't clean it every couple bowls, it will break down quick.

6. how can you know? It has not been released yet =|
    The last davinci was not bad, but not that good either

7. I've had my pax for a week now and I love it, hits very nicely and is super stealthy. Does anyone else with a pax know if you could just pack the oven with kief? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to but I though I should ask before I go ahead and try it

8. If people recommend the investment then i'll go ahead and make said investment soon.

9. I'm thinking about getting the Pax too but I have some questions. Any help would be appreciated!

If a full bowl can get you around 15-25 hits how many does it take to get you high? I know this question is different for everyone. But I smoke every night once or twice. Then maybe 2-3 times a week during the day. I can't really picturing myself needing 15-25 hits every time I decide to have a sesh.

Which leads me to my next question... Can you leave a bowl in there half finished and go back to it later or is it better to pack smaller bowls and hit it until they're done?

How is the smell when it's in use. Can you smell the bud just from it sitting in the chamber? does the vapor smell at all? I'm going for stealth here.

Lastly, how is the cleaning process? How often do you really have to do it? After every bowl seems a bit excessive I was thinking more like after every 2-4.

Do you have to use their cleaning products or are the alcohol pads just like every other wipe you'd find at a drug store?

Again any helps appreciated.

10. I've never really counted how many hits but packing it full gives me a pretty long session, sometimes up to 45 mins. This is starting on the lowest setting and working my way up, also stirring occasionally.

You could leave a bowl half finished but it is a little more wasteful than just finishing it. I have taken the pax mountain biking, stopping and hitting it a couple times then putting it back in my bag. Most of the time when I'm using it solo I pack 1/3 to 1/2 the oven and that usually works pretty well. I read on fuckcombustion that someone was putting steel wool in the oven when not packing it fully to get a more even vaping. I haven't been able to try this myself because of a potential drug test in the near future but hoping to when I an get back to vaping.

There is a slight smell of ganja while its heating up but I think you have to be pretty close by to smell it. All vaporizer's vapor is going to smell but it dissipates a lot faster than smoke.

The cleaning process is really simple, I dip a pipe cleaner in some alcohol ,you don't want to use too much so it doesn't get into the temp button. You then run it through the unit a couple times and it will get a lot of the gunk out of it. You can also soak the mouthpiece in alcohol but I don't do that every cleaning. A lot of people use interdental brushes to clean the part where the mouthpiece and sensor connect. You don't need to use Ploom's cleaning stuff, I bought pipe cleaners from a tobacco store and use 91% iso.

If you haven't already you should check out the tread about the pax on fuckcombustion. There's a lot better info on the pax there then on this site.

11. Sounds good thank dude

12. Just a little heads up. I got my pax last November. I have used it daily since I got it. Last week the pax just died. After a full charge the battery would last about 10 minutes regardless of usage. So I emailed ploom and they sent me a payed postage label, so I boxed it up on Monday of this week and sent it Tuesday morning. I got an email today from them stating that my brand new pax was in the mail and on its way. Long story short. Ploom is a great company and the pax is an amazing product. Well worth the money , and a company that stands by its products is worth supporting.

13. Speaking from a guy that has had his PAX since release and I have to say in the beginning it was nice but after a couple weeks/month(s) of usage I grew a bit of a tolerance for it and the most important thing I learned from this was that I wasn't able to get stoned off of it which was what I was hoping for off of this. So I plan on just putting my PAX up on ebay sometime soon.

I'm not saying this product is bad, rather it's actually fairly nice for it's use but, like I said I'd just rather have something that has the capability of actually getting me stoned rather than just high at most.

And yes, I have tried a whole bunch of different strains and of course some work better than others. :)

14. #55 Penguin420, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    I have been watching a ton of the vaporizer review videos lately and reading a bunch on a few different forums because I want to purchase a desktop and a portable unit this summer when I get my new job.

From what I have seen, since you already have a da buddha vaporizer, you would actually be downgrading a bit in vapor quality, density, and efficiency moving to a portable unit.  Even the arizer solo, which is not truly very portable, but supposedly has the best vapor quality of the portables would be a downgrade from the da buddha.

So basically buy the pax if you want a vape for when you are not home, but do not expect it to replace the da buddha at home.  On the flip side the pax seems like it would be completely unbeatable if you want to vape in the car, while hiking, at the beach, in public. Just make sure you clean it.  There are two good cleaning videos that I found. One was at vapecritic and another one at  vaporizerwizard the only problems I read people having with the pax had to do with lack of cleaning, and things sticking.

15. Pax is worth it.... I've owned mine over a year and if I had of gotten the solo just to save 90$ ... I'd be pissed right now. The extra little bit of cash won't mean anything considering I've gone through 1000's in green with it since I bought it.
    You want to be psyched about what you're using....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It may be worth it to YOU, but others may prefer a vape that is better tasting, will burn through less weed, isn't as smelly and requires less maintenance.

17. yessir this is my opinion... That's what everyone is doing when they write their post. If there was only one right answer.... Then you should only be getting one reply on a thread.... So in my opinion( which I assumed was implied ) the pax is worth it.

18. dude if you want it for snowboarding you don't need a stealthy piece. I ski all the time and I just go in the woods on one of the farthest trails out from the lift. We go a little deep in the woods about 30-50 feet and smoke sesh back there. You really don't need to be stealthy for snowboarding. Hell I could bring my 18" bong with me in a backpack and smoke in the woods and no one would see me. I hope I don't sound rude I'm just telling you what's up since I'm a skier and know how it is.

19. Why would you want to have to hide in the woods if you don't have to ?