1979 Odyssey Hookah and Rizla Bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sgtteamkill, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I'm trying to help my dad sell these 2 pieces from the 70s and was lookin to see what you guys think I should be asking? Thanks for any advice

Attached Files:

2. Wow I love that flower one!

3. i know so classic right

4. I would ask for 20 a piece

5. are you kidding me theyre classics the hookah is a Odyssey and has 4 glass pipe ends and is hand painted

• Like Like x 1

6. Yeah I would think they're worth alot more than 20 bucks ea.

7. it all depends on who its going to. im looking at these as if they should be in a museum. if a friend is buying it i wouldnt put more than 50 on that rizla bong and you could probably get 100 for that hookah to the right person

8. #8 fallyn1980, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  9. since glass is still so restricted/not legitimate there really is not a clear market for collectible, historical bongs. Im sure you could find a buyer who would be willing to pay premium but thats like a needle in the haystack

10. Actually I am not looking to sell, just information. My mom bought it for my dad in the 70's and since he's a sickly man and facing a hip replacement surgery next week that he may or may not survive cuz of his COPD I'm wanting to keep it as a family piece. I would just really love to know some of the history of the company that made it if it can be found that is. knowing the worth would just be a bonus.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. I might be the only collector around of Odyssey Glass items from this era.  They were a fine company out of Maryland that was run out of business in the '80s during the crack epidemic since they were near DC and the feds had no one else to prosecute (or persecute).  They made the finest items available and were considered top of the line at the time.  Their Toker and Toker II were massively popular back then and sold for about $20.00.  The ones you are showing were about $25.00 or less. I once saw one that was over 6' tall in a shop in Madison, WI during the '80s but can not remember the name of the shop.  It was amazing, and I would love to find one like it for my collection.

I purchase only CLEAN items for an historic collection that is not meant for any illegal use, only for historical purposes.   The owner of Odyssey had several patents registered for his work and they are still in force as far as I know.  My collection is encased in a glass case, of course, and will be donated to an appropriate museum when I pass on.

Should ANYONE here own or have any Odyssey glass items for sale, I will be pleased to pay a fair price for any and all CLEANED items you wish to sell, regardless of size.

Thanks and Cheers!

Rich

12. Wow thats epic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I'd pay 100 for the classic Rizla.

I wouldn't buy the Hookah but I wouldnt let it go for under a solid buck either. 100 minimum. That thing has the souls of billions of dead plants pulsating in its glass.

Well. Until you clean it. And they do need a good cleaning.

14. I know a collector that may be interested, pm me a price

Pretty misleading, if you're ever looking to sell, let me know

16. this thread is very old haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. It's so old I'm going to lock it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.