Simple DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Private Stalk, Dec 27, 2012.

1. here's the finished tub.. picking up a 300 gal air pump to run the two 5in dia air stones..I'll be ready next go around... lol..

Attached Files:

2. Inside

Attached Files:

3. I thought u already had plants going???

4. Lol.. this is what the tub setup looks like.. except with five plant site.. I only have three going in there now... and this tub is my two site.. here's a pic of the five site tub with the three ladies chillin:D

Attached Files:

5. And forget to mention.. the two site tub is for.my micro cab grow, the five site plant is an experiment.. to see about cloning, making fem seeds, the three have bwen in dwc... for three days... then soil for another 4 days.. now back into dwc... the amount if stress these have had, and if they make it, should prove to be nice strong mother plants... at least my thought on them.. hope that clarifies:D

6. Hey man. I'm curious where I should keep my PPM's. I got some clones that blew up and got really big. I trimmed leaves, supercropped and LST'ed a bit about a week before flower. More because I had to because I was running out of space because the clones were bunching. Anyway, I increased nutes up to around 700 PPM in Veg, and about 5 days ago switched to flower. Where should my PPM's be? The plants are big and healthy, just wondering what I should aim to keep it around. 

7. 700 is where I always keep mine. I use aquaflakes. This is a highly debated topic so I'm sure others would have different opinion.

8. Picked up a ppm meter.. :lol:

9. Here's a pic today.. New to dwc.. I think they look good..for the stress I've put them thru.. it will be 4 days in the tub.. phed checked daily and maintained..

Attached Files:

10. The net pot and hydroton seems a lil dry. It should be dripping wet from the bottom of the net pot when removed from the bucket.

11. Thanks for the quick reply.. the water sits about 1/4 inch away from the surface of the water....bubbling up.. it's a 140 gallon pump.. running 4 stones.. I have a 300 gal pump.. ill switch then out and see how it goes?

12. Sorry.. correction.. the pots sits 1/4 inch above the water surface..

13. Checked on them today. Ppm sitting at 200.. PHed at 5.5. Git the bubbler worked out.. needed less water.. with more room between surface and pot.. it gives more "bubbler/misting"effect... much better. Thanks fir the info..I'm going to start a thread over in hydro in the next few days.. Thanks again

14. #194 molegrower, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
    Hey Private,Thanks for the simple dwc thread.. mine are on the second week, using the simple.method.. and they are THRIVING... if you get chance, check out my thread is in the hydro section. and thanks again!

15. Still life here? 👍😊

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. You know

You know it!