How Many Hits of Wax/gram with G-Pen/Alternative?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by EasyAce, Dec 25, 2012.

1. How many hits of wax can you get per gram on average using a G pen or a similar pen?

I've concluded it takes me 3 dab hits from a wax bong with the heated torch shit to get blazed as fuck. Is a hit from one of these pens as powerful as a hit from what I just mentioned?

I usually medicate twice a day, and if I can take 2-3 hits using one of these to get nicely blazed, depending on how many hits I can get, I'm guessing maybe 50 or more, then a gram of wax could last me much longer. I'm seeing if turning all my bud to wax is a good idea.

Any input is appreciated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Omicron 300 hits per gram

Gpen 30 hit per glob (.2)

3. Try the all glass cartridge from gpen

4. g pen was super leaky and burny for me. switched to the http://gentlemansvapes.com/micro nano trippy stick. holds about... .6g for me? could literally only use like .1 with g pen. and worst customer service, on top of it (had 3/4 gpen carts die instantly, all my gentlemans brand ones have worked so far)

5. Is it a wick in a ceramic bowl/cart

6. No wick. Any company that leaves the e cig wick in there is just lazy. :p

7. Let me see plz

8. I have the micro vaped

9. I actually ended up buying micro g-pen look alikes, called the elips perfection pen or something, but exactly same parts as micro g-pen. I bought them at wholesale price, 2x for $45, which I found to be a good deal.

I drop about .1 g's of wax over the wick and gives maybe 10 rips depending on how big, and can get me somewhat settled in with a nice buzz, but I'm looking for better. This doesn't give me anything close to the milky hits I'm looking for. I'm reading great things about the gentleman's vape with their oil atomizer, especially at their price. I'm probably going to go ahead and buy that one, prolly hits as good as higher end vape pens like the omicron...

10. A vape pen is the wrong place to look for milky hits :laughing:

11. Milky hits you'd want to dab. I have a micro vaped and I can 'dab' with it. Pretty milky and tasty for first 3 hits then finishes off in 5 small hits. You just put in what you would normally use in a dab. But I hate recharging it so I bought myself a highly educated flower of life Ti pad and curve, and the vape pens been on the shelf ever since. Talk about milky..

12. I just purchased a portable pen from cannastick.com. They make them for dry herbs, 710, or wax however I can only find flowers locally. I would love to be able to take some dabs instead of using the pen for just buds. Any advice or pointers in the right direction are much appreciated. PM if necessary

13. idk, the Gentleman's Brand Vaporizers gives me some pretty intense rips. you have to use it dab by dab, but those atomizers are AMAZING.

mae: do you mean pointers on making wax?

14. If you're trying to recreate the dab experience you need to go with a mechanical mod vape pen. I use a generic k101 style pen. It's because of the power needed to run high powered coils requires a good 18650 battery. Most vape pens draw only about 4-8 watts. Good 18650 IMR cells can supply 10 amps, making for up to 40 watts of power. A good custom dual coil atomizer will draw 20 watts which is more than most off the shelf pens can provide. And such high powered coils tend to burn out quicker too.

So you'll need to learn how to make your own coils and buy a rebuildable atomizer. Basically you're a lot better off just buying a dab rig if you want dabs. Otherwise just live with the regular ceramic skillet and globe.

15. Hey Mr_Krabs,

What kind of coil are you making for your mech mod? I have a few of those around the house, I used to use them for e juice.

Lemme know if you know of a good vid with the coil build

16. I wrap my own coils with titanium wire. They're exactly like the ones you buy but I use thicker wire to get more power.