Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Why is my edible tolerance so low?

• Please log in to reply

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

Bluntz4dayz

Bluntz4dayz

a blunt a day keeps the stress at bay

• Registered Upgraded
  • 400 posts
Your smoking and eating tolerance are completely different. So if you dont eat edibles often your tolerance will be unusually low.

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

Bluntz4dayz

Bluntz4dayz

a blunt a day keeps the stress at bay

• Registered Upgraded
  • 400 posts
hmmm thats something id like to know

RandomThoughts

RandomThoughts

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,127 posts
Your body absorbs it and processes it in a completely different way, actually ac a different substance.
When you absorb it through the lungs it's THC, we all know this.
When it gets ingested it goes through the liver as it's absorbed in fat more often than not. The liver converts it into like a different "type/range" of THC.
Someone else could probably explain that better.
So not only is this stuff treated as a different substance by your body (hence the tolerance differences) but is also known to be at least 4 times stronger, and also have other almost narcotic/sedating like effects.

SortaStoner

SortaStoner

Finger Banger

• Registered Upgraded
  • 611 posts
Eating an edible is like drinking, if your small and skinny, you get hit harder

FallenOne08214

FallenOne08214

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,319 posts
Edibles work differently for different people. Some of us, edibles don't do anything. Others get extra fucked up off edibles. I am sadly in the former group. Weight doesn'thave a play on this. Not sure what causes them to work or not. I would love to experience it. :(

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

Thomascolin

Thomascolin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,974 posts
See the problem with edibles is you never really know the does within what ever it is your eating.. --uless of course you got it from a dispenory they usually know what there selling so its different

on top of that it takes forever to kick...so people usually end up eating more thinking its not even working

i don't see why you would want to complain about a low tolerance though haha just take half of whatever you had last time and you should be good to go

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

FallenOne08214

FallenOne08214

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,319 posts

I could see wanting to try something at least once in your life but being too high on edibles is quite uncomfortable.

I created the thread when I was high on this chocolate bar and the thing had not even peaked yet. Unlike smoking where you can eat something or play video games to come down a little, edibles are much like an amusement park ride, once you eat them HANG ON!

This was off 1/5 of a chocolate bar, too!

I'd still like to experience at least once. Last time, I had 2 medical brownies and 2 hours later, nothing. Said fuck it, packed a bowl, and went to bed.

camram

camram

Medical Cannabis Patient

• Bronze Member
  • 2,707 posts

FallenOne08214

FallenOne08214

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,319 posts
CO. Close tO the steamboat springs area. Since then, 3 more times that my friends have made. Still nothing.

KushMastaFlex

KushMastaFlex

Black Belt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,396 posts
Edibles are usually more potent than just smoking, and that is almost always the case for me.

firebeastm

firebeastm

• Registered Upgraded
  • 139 posts
Low tolerance for edibles means, imho, that your small intestine and colon are clean and working perfectly. You are a healthy person!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users