Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Faint Line on Home Drug Test. Will I pass lab test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by uscsmoker420, Dec 23, 2012.

1. #1 uscsmoker420, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    Hi everybody, first off I want to wish everybody a happy holidays.

Details:
    -Pre employment test on Wednesday for a very important job.
    -Last time I smoked was last saturday (8 days). I smoked 1 week before that (15 days). Before that, it had been 2 more weeks (29 days).
    -I am 6' 170 with only 9% body fat.
    -Completed 1 hr cardio workouts for 6 of the last 8 days
    -Started taking 2000mg Niacin and 8 cranberry extract pills everyday starting Friday (2 days ago).
    -Took home test today and the line is visible, but very very faint. Results are posted below.
    -Test on Wednesday is a lab test. Cutoff level is unknown.

Few questions I have:
    1. Is this faint line passing or failing?
    2. Should I keep working out or stop and eat fatty foods?
    3. When should I keep taking Niacin? I have read if they detect too much Niacin and fail you. Btw, I know its not healthy, so dont tell me to stop for health reasons. I would give my liver for this job.
    4. Other than diluting on day of, what else can I do to cleanse the THC out of my body?
    5. Could it be working out the last 4 days making me "fail" today, and by Wednesday if I'm lazy and eat fried food and cheeseburgers Ill be fine?
    6. What is the average cutoff level for pre-employment lab screening?

Thanks in advance for any valuable information given. I know that's a lot of questions, but this job is extremely important to me and I will lose close to 10k and disappoint a lot of people if I fail. Also, please do not tell me to search the forum, bc I already have and cant find all the answers I need. I have done plenty of research and obviously am still unsure, but the main reason for posting is to find out whether such a faint line is passing or failing?

[​IMG]

2. You should probably call up the lab and see the trace amounts of thc they allow. Compare with home test. Also why not have that same lab test you right now, No harm in going through a dry run under ideal conditions.

If you cannot pass a home test there is no way to pass the lab test.... Worst case scenario just use a clean friends piss.

3. Already tried. Labs do not give out info on cutoff levels. I'd rather not have to use friends piss, but might come down to that :/

4. whats the allowable amount of an illegal substance?

5. On this test, 50 ng/ML. Lab test is unknown but probably the same.

6. The line is a pass. Even with a very faint line, it's a pass. You passed.

However, the cutoff levels vary between tests. Home drug tests have a cut off level of say 50-100 ng/ml and lab tests can have a screen so low as .2-.5 ng/ml. So you need to keep doing what your doing to stay safe, you should be fine though with your diet and activity.

I was on probation and did a lot of research on drug tests so I hope it helps. Good luck

7. Any line is a line. You should be good.

The only thing you have to worry about if you used a cheap test is if you might have gotten a false negative.

Lab tests are typically 50 ng/ml, so you should be ok.

8. Buddy Need you help !!! 
    I am going thru the exact same issues as you. I pass 2 home drug test with a faint line first piss of the day. 

I have really low body fat, I work out every day and from the past days I am doing a lot of cardio. 

The day before my test I ran a lot, drink a lot of water and my piss was very diluted. 

HAVE YOU PASS THE TEST OR YOU FAIL ???? DID YOU DO AT LAB CORP ??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AM SO WORRIED MY JOB WORST EVERYTHING !!!

9. This thread is almost a year old and the OP last posted Dec 28 2012...don't think he'll be around to help answer your question....

10. Alright... so usually I am a frequent smoker when I am not at school for a sport I play. When I'm at school I don't usually smoke because I do not want to risk failing a drug test. But recently since it's the end of the year, I have gotten high. So I smoked a blunt with 2 other friends 10 days before the drug test and then I ate a little chunk of tincture 4 days later... so 6 days before the test. I'm a 6'2" 200lb guy who sweats a ton and works out at least 5 times a week. I worked out the next day after I first smoked and 2 days following and then after I ate the tincture I worked out at least 3-4 times before the test. Also, the night before the test I drank a crazy amount of water. Then the next morning I ran before class, drank green, and more water. Long story short, I drank a 32oz bottle of Gatorade with certo, a vitamin b12 and zinc. Several hours after the test I bought an at home test and I passed it. I'm just really worried about this because I could get kicked off the team for this. Lastly, I am new to this website so I really don't understand how this works. Any insight will be extremely helpful. Thanks!

11. Hey man. I am in a similar situation as you. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how everything went with your test and whether or not you passed. Thanks a lot!

12. RESURRECT :poke:

• Agree Agree x 1