Ky going medical?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by fluffyXtoker, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any idea if or when Kentucky is gonna legalize the green ganja goddess?

2. Probably not for a while. Isn't slavery still legal there?

3. Haha I don't think so, but I've been wrong before.

4. I kid, I kid...it's funny though, I've lived in the South my whole life (born and raised in NC before I moved to FL) and even I was shocked by how conservative Kentucky was the first time I went there.

So yeah, sorry for thread-shitting, I hope KY can get legal in the near future.

5. Haha thanks man. Yeah I hope for sure we go green ASAP!!!

6. Sen. Clark actually has a Michigan MMJ style bill (Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Act, AKA SB 129.) waiting to be reconvened and looked at at the beginning of 2013. The same bill was introduced at the beginning of 2012, but it just wound up sitting and nothing happened with it, so Sen. Clark reintroduced it in July and has been rallying it all over the state. There seems to be more hope this time as support has gained quite a bit over the year, especially after the CO and WA legalization. So I wouldn't be surprised if MMJ is legal in this state in 2013.

Lawmaker: Kentucky Could Legalize Medical Marijuana In 2013 - Toke of the Town - cannabis news, views, rumor and humor.

7. They grow a shitload of it but I doubt it will be legal any time soon.

8. Dont wanna be a d bag but uh.. Isnt NC not in the south? I really dont know man. Im not a geographical topographical rock scientist.
    Lets smoke!

9. We have a couple years before it will be legal in the south..

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

10. The Governer of that state is only interested in getting legalized gambling (an idea 20 years too late).
    When almost every other state legalizes it and makes huge revenues from taxing it, then Kentucky will think about it.

Kentucky, the state of missed opportunities!

11. North Carolina is definitely part of the South.

12. It will happen sooner if you get off your rumps and become activists! :hello:

You don't have to do anything really risky, just comment in the news, write those politicians and educate yourself so you can be a good spokesperson when the occasion arises! :D

Those comments in the news are very important, a lot of folks read them and base their opinions on them! Use the titles from my List to back yourself up! Challenge folks to read the articles and make up their own minds!

These two news articles are excellent to introduce the uneducated to what cannabis can do for them- besides get them high! lol

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

[/FONT] Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

FYI- YahooNews considers "Cannabis" to be a "bad word" and will censor it out! :cool: Use the words Marijuana or pot instead of cannabis! :cool: "THC" and "cannabinoids" go through OK.

How long legalization takes is up to YOU!

Granny :wave: