Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Cannabis liquor?

• Please log in to reply

MTheory

MTheory

• Registered Upgraded
  • 193 posts
Hello all.

I have a question that I hope some of the more seasoned stoners here can answer for me...
I've made firecrackers before and understand that THC must be heated (decarboxylized or something like that?) in order for it to become psychoactive. I've also read about ways to enfuse the THC into liquor but there's no heating involved. Does that actually work?
Below are instructions on how to make cannabis liquor.

O
ne way to make a drinkable form of cannabis is to infuse it in a a strong spirit. A reasonably sweet drink with a high percentage of alcohol is recommended, for example fruit schnapps. It is also better to use grass rather than resin as it tends to be purer and easier to filter out the solid that remains after the extraction.
Either way grind up your chosen form of cannabis as finely as possible, before you add the alcohol soak it in warm water over night. This will remove any water soluble impurities but not any of that precious THC. After soaking drain of the excess water and place in an airtight jar and pour in the alcohol. Seal the container and place in a cupboard.
Most of the THC will have been absorbed within a week, but connoisseurs may leave it for a year or more! Whenever you feel like it drain of the liquor. If you use weed strain it through a sieve and then a coffee filter, for hash the coffee filter alone should be enough.
Pour liquor back in bottle and consume as desired. Using a fruit drink, rather than a clear spirit like vodka, will help hide the colour change and the sweetness will mask the bitter taste the cannabis extract can cause. A little practice will let you find your personal favourite flavours and strengths.
  • duby likes this