Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by baremossing, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wasn't actually...apologies

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2. Nirvana were a Pixies cover band.

3. I'm with you on that one! [​IMG]

4. I agree about the legalization of all drugs, and prostitution, polygamy, and....maybe about the DUI thing. I can't really give an impartial opinion regarding drinking and driving, because my dad sent his '89 Dodge Ram into a 13 foot ditch, and I pulled his broken, twisted body out of the wreckage when I was 18. So I kind of abhor it at any level, but I completely understand that my opinion on that is totally emotional. Just can't let that go.

I don't agree with the women voting thing. You could be right about them generally being more emotional than men, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. The world could use some more compassion and empathy. However, even if we're starting from that premise, I believe it's flawed. I think that we would all agree that there are exceptions to this 'women are more emotional' rule, which tells me that it's possible that this predisposition for that behavior is taught, not inherent. If that is so, then there's no basis for saying that men are more rational. And if we prevented women from voting, then that status-quo is maintained.

All nature-vs-nurture, and biological predisposition aside, it just wouldn't be fair if they're not allowed to vote. The simple fact is, they live in this country too, and should have a say in how it develops. I think if you live in a place, and you contribute to it's propagation (taxes), that buys you a say in how it's run. For better or for worse.

5. #5625 travilanche, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    Listening to Nevermind right now. And the chemistry and creative genius found within that album is undeniable. That was a magical moment in music history, and to deny that is to not understand music.

6. #5626 *guest, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    The thing about drunk driving is that driving itself is not a right. You agree to certain things just by getting a drivers license. Sure there are people out there who can drive fine while drunk, but guaranteed your reaction speed is much lower. It's an absolutely stupid risk.

I can't speak much about the .08 limit because I don't know where I'm at mentally when I would blow a .08. I'm a fairly heavy drinker, but I also do not drive unless I am 100% sure I am sober enough to drive safely. Knowing I don't even have to blow a .08 helps, I could get arrested blowing a .05 if a cop thinks I'm not driving well enough. And if someone crashes into me by no fault of my own, I'm certainly doing myself a disservice if I even blow a .03 or whatever the case.

I do think "drunk in public" laws are bullshit. You shouldn't catch a charge just for being drunk in a public area. I also think it's bullshit for cops to give DUIs to people who are just trying to sleep it off in their car. Sometimes that's the safest place to do it... if some drunk ass is in the backseat of their car with their keys in their pocket, then leave it the fuck alone. They're trying to be safe by not drinking and driving, why in the world should we punish people for that?

Attached Files:

8. Barack Obama is really a swell guy

9. If he were on fire, I wouldn't give a solitary squirt of rancid beer piss to put him out.

10. Change is generally a good thing

11. #5631 Deleted member 646086, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    most people who listen to tyga or any fakeass garbage rappers nowadays are probably very insecure and stupid.

Police are mainly just a clean-up crew.

12. #5632 travilanche, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015

13. Alice In Chains was better...a lot...

14. American Political system is pageantry to give the illusion the people has a say or even is represented.

15. Pretty sure people conceive that as fact at this point. At least I hope they do

'Too blessed to be stressed'

16. my apologies

The Holocaust was overly exaggerated to gather support for Jews. Hitler was a great leader and a respectable person. Jews run everything then and now. AIPAC corrupts our politicians.

17. People are fucking idiots.

18. I know it's Summer and a lot of you probably enjoy golfing...

Well I'm here to tell you your boring pussy ass sport sucks! [​IMG]

19. Every drug should be legalized because fuck a black market and a correctional system that does much more damage than it prevents. Educate your people and you won't need laws.

Governments should take a less hands on approach when dealing with their citcizens. You're here to provide defense, sovereignty, stop people from killing one another, enforce fundamental laws. Anything beyond that and the people are no longer thinking for them selves and they freedoms begin to dwindle. The stupid people will become smart or die off over time.

That's all I can think of I right now.

20. #5640 iAmBetty, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    Infinitely better. I couldn't stand Kurt Cobains voice or how he sang

I like how this topic comes up again every few months

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.