Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by baremossing, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are people who deserve cancer.

2. #5282 Vicious, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015

That you Mr. Kaku. I thought that was a type II though, or is that Star Trek? Type III would include a Dyson Sphere or would that be type IV? I feel like type IV would be around when we transcend "humanity".

Considering our isolation, self-awareness and general cognition I would argue we are special or at the very least abnormal.

3. I look like brad pitt

4. #5284 travilanche, May 30, 2015
    Yeah, Star Trek is a type II. Even that would be nearly impossible to wipe out, since a type II understands interstellar travel and would have populations in multiple star systems. There is also a type IV, is like the Q continuum in Star Trek TNG. A type IV transcends physical form. They definitely have nothing to worry about.

Nothing? As far as I know there is nothing to stop entropy, even with universal control it means nothing if the universe burns out. I have not seen an answer to The Final Question.

6. A type IV species would be able to travel between universes. So if theirs ends, they could just go to another one.

7. I love the smell of my balls.  Sometimes i shove my entire paw and rub in all up on my balls and then spend the rest of evening smelling my balls.

​
    I also love the smell of gasoline and plane fuel.

8. #5288 Hashtastic, May 30, 2015
    I think the government needs to get rid of the whole 2 party thing. how much time and money does the government spend on infighting between republican and democrat? Those assholes will take a year to agree on when they'll take a shit. Maybe that's why everything that comes out of their mouth is crap, its got to come out somewhere.

9. As someone who grew up on the lower rungs of the socioeconomic ladder, I've come to resent the middle class more than I resent the ultra rich. There are numerous neighborhoods throughout the US that are a good blend of middle class and working class people. They work together in many instances too. Middle class people have daily opportunities to see firsthand that most if not all stereotypes about poor people aren't true, and yet you have an ever growing number of them buying into the shit the 1% spews and believing that the one guy down the street abusing his food stamps is the reason they're only middle class and not rich.

10. The government doesn't have the power to change that. The people do. The government is the problem. If we don't want to have a system where two suck ass parties battle back and forth then we need to create a party to challenge them for control of the government. We have a conservative party and a liberal party. We have no moderate party. We are letting extremists divide us when we need to find common ground so we can work together on improving the state of the nation.
    The government doesn't have the power to change that. The people do. The government is the problem. If we don't want to have a system where two suck ass parties battle back and forth then we need to create a party to challenge them for control of the government. We have a conservative party and a liberal party. We have no moderate party. We are letting extremists divide us when we need to find common ground so we can work together on improving the state of the nation.

11. #5291 ElCentroCABoy, May 30, 2015
    Allow the Utopias of America to sustain themselves; themselves...  or become Ghost Towns. 

(The East Coast never sustained the "Failed" Silver towns of the Western States; isn't funny how that Karma thing comes bouncing around?)

12. [​IMG]

american football is very macho

its a sport for men

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMgPDUGYUs[/media]

13. My sympathy is limited for people who do absolutely no research for the job field they want to get into, and then play the victim when the job opportunities and/or pay are not as great as they hoped for.

14. Yeah I hear you on that one. If you don't like it then do something about it. If you're planning on settling down and having a family you have a limited window where you can fuck around and try different things before you settle in. Don't spend your whole 20s in a career you know you don't want to get stuck in and then think you can blame anyone but yourself when you're stuck doing that same thing until you're 50 in order to raise your kids and pay for school and shit.

I feel for people though that loved their job at the time and then either got burned out on it when it was already too late or the changes in the industry caused it to become not as good of a field to be in as it was when they decided to get in. Still though, that's life and you just gotta make the best of it. If the best you can make of your life is to wallow in misery every day because you hate what you do then I am indeed sorry for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxeO-4lIpL8

16. It's better to not have children - far, far better.  

17. Dude, I think I remember debating this with you a year or two ago. I know we don't see eye to eye on this so I'm not even going to go there this time but it's good to see you're not abandoning what you believe in.

18. Dark Side of the Moon > The Wall

19. Pink Floyd > Pink Panther

20. Pink Floyd > All. Scientific fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.