Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by baremossing, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #3401 travilanche, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Now that is something we can both agree on. Rarely do the right people win the Oscar. To prove this point, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (probably the best film ever made) has zero Oscars.

And I am not saying that Let it Go is not a good song, because it is. But it is like a nice calming painting of a river you would find in a hotel lobby. But happy is more akin to a great painting like The Persistence of Memory by Dali.

2. #3402 iAmBetty, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    I hate the song Happy. I kinda liked it at first, but the more I hear it the more I hate it

3. It's catchy, and I do kind of like the whole feel good vibe of the video, but I don't get why everybody and their brother is going on about it like it's so damn amazing :confused_2: then again, that's not my absolute favorite genre of music, so take that with a grain of salt. But it mostly seems like just another catchy and repetitive song to me.

Granted, I'll take it over most of the songs of the month that get insanely popular and then practically die.

4. #3404 Im Ralph, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    I don't want marijuana legalization. I want weed to be decriminalize and I want growing to be legal so you can use it at home but I think buying and selling should be illegal, and I mean illegal because I love giving money to drug dealers and I don't want the government taking my money.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I think everyone should have to take an automotive technology course in high school before they get a driver's license. Knowing how something that you use every day works is important.

Yes yes it is it's millions for the entire process. Now if we just put a .22 to the ear it'd be much cheaper, less painful, and a guarnateed kill but it's seen as too "inhumane" ya because lethal injections while tied to a board tickles and isn't terrifying :laughing:

7. Only uncivilized countries have capital punishment. 

Yet life incarceration is better? I'd rather be dead than locked up.

I don't know. Longest anyone has ever been in prison in my country is 50(52 now) years and that's because the guy fails evaluation after evaluation. We only have 15-25 years max here. Those 4000 year jail sentences are pretty fucked up though. 

I praise the prison system of north europe though, they seem to get really good results. Death and life sentence seem to be more of a revenge thing than a rehabilitation thing. 

10. scandinavian countries have lowest reoffending rates and their punishments are extremely leniant compared to US. As such Scandinavian countries have much lower crime rates and are much safer. Gotta ask yourself whats the judicial system there for? I think its a sad day for humanity when we say its for revenge.

sent from under mi sensi tree

11. We have a prison for profit system here. It pays to keep people locked up. And the only problem with the death penalty is that some people are in prison that are completely innocent. Until we can figure out a way to be 100% positive that they commuted these crimes you can't kill them.

12. Not allowing mentally challenged kids to go to school. Takes away time and money from the people that will actually contribute to society.

Idk that I could morally support this though.

13. If I was king of the world, anyone who used the term "could care less" when they actually meant "couldn't care less" would be sent to a work camp for life.

14. Recreational legalization movement should feel less entitled and more open to compromise/baby steps.

Even the African American equal rights movement happened in relatively small steps considering they were only asking for the fundamental right to exist as freely as any other man. "Our" cause isn't greater then theirs, it would blow my mind if it happened as quickly as some people feel it should. Unlimited plants for recreational growing, or mimicking real candy shapes and flavor for our treats can come after we get our foot in the doors. Or compromise. Make potent, delicious yet ugly looking candies. Yes there are many more important issues then candy holding things up but I'm high and it's what came to mind.

No I don't think it should be illegal but I can appreciate how quickly things seem to be changing and how much easier our fight has been compared to other groups who have had to change the mind of our country as a whole.

15. And I'd praise you for it.

I've had to convince myself that it's a failed attempt at sarcasm when I hear or see it. That view on it makes me hate the person less for some reason

16. I bet there would still be illegitimate weed even after legalization. I mean you got guys in the hills and woods brewing moonshine and making pretty good money off selling illegal booze so I don't see why people won't grow and sell weed that isn't taxed or government regulated. If there's a corner to be cut there's an American out there to cut that corner.

17. #3418 SoulessStoner, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Saying "could care less" techincally isn't wrong when you say it sarcastically like most people who say it do. Why most people on the internet can't comprehend that is beyond me.

18. I guess it's kind of like I could give a shit. You're saying you could give a shit but really you couldn't or don't.

19. The vast majority of that cost goes to appeals, not the execution itself, which could be cheaper, but still is a relatively small part of the total cost. And the thought of getting rid of appeals with the kind of track record our court system has is kind of scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.