Pax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Payne1020, Dec 16, 2012.

1. I had my mind set on getting the Pax but then i found out the battery is not interchangeable. Will this be a problem?

2. Depends on why you need an interchangeable battery I guess.

3. No?

It comes with a charger

4. But what if the battery itself dies out

5. But what if the battery dies out

6. ploom will/has a service for battery replacement

7. How do you know this? It will be awesome if true.

8. Because there is a warranty

9. There is a 10 year warranty, I own the pax and love it, it works great if you keep it clean!

10. warranty does not cover battery failure or anything do do with battery,

11. I just read it and as long as it didn't break because you dropped it or washed it improperly they do

12. Oh sorry i was reading that they do not cover any battery related failures

13. [quote name='"Payne1020"']

Oh sorry i was reading that they do not cover any battery related failures[/quote]

Ploom seem like a great company, I'm sure if your units battery just stopped working they would fix it

14. Ploom Warranty read under the pax warrantty it says The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal performance degradation of batteries or neglecting to adhere to cleaning instructions.

15. 10 years is a great warranty, it would suck if it was a 3 year warranty as the battery can easily last that long

I know with the Solo you open 4 screws and you can simply unplug and swap the battery

The PAX is still a new unit though, give it a few months and people will start opening it and figuring out a way to make it work if something goes south, we are stoners after all

16. but it says
    The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal performance degradation of batteries or neglecting to adhere to cleaning instructions.

17. Someone on the FC thread actually has swapped out their batteries. I do not believe they achieved good results as the Pax batteries are resistant to heat where the ones the FC member used were not. Ploom seems to have very good customer service. My experience with them was brief but pleasant. I imagine they would swap out your battery for a fee or maybe free once it finally dies. The only way to know for sure is to ask Ploom.

18. Not really you can simply mail it in. Im sure there's a cost. Totally different item but take the iPhone since its inception, most of the new Andriods, and MS phones...none have interchangeable batteries. If you need a new one gotta take it to a Apple store or mail it in. Seems to be working out just fine.

There is always the anomaly but baring that I would wager it will not be a problem .

(Owned a Pax since Oct)

19. have you tried anyother vapes ?

20. Not in terms of portable but own a da Buddha Vape and used a buddies Volcano.