~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished -- Lao Tzu

"i listened to lao tzu, and now i can't pay my rent" -- well highdrated 

2. Religion is an opiate of the masses.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. When Robert Wilson, the first director of the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, was asked by Congress whether the fruits of FERMI research would aid in developing "utilities" of interest to the defence of the nation, he is said to have replied,

“No, but it will make the nation worth defending!”

4. “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

~Issac Asimov~

5. #3405 pickledpie, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    "Sometimes it's better to give less of a fuck, because in giving less of a fuck, we can do more about what we do give a fuck about."

-Pickledpie

6. You gotta keep on keepin on. -- Joe Dirt

7. "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows for those who don't" - Blaise Pascal

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]So we should care more about what we give a fuck about because it's better to give a less fuck about what we don't give a fuck about? Lol, I guess it's really important for a person to discern, or delineate, what they do and do not give a true fuck about. Choices, decisions. [/SIZE] :bongin:[SIZE=13.63636302948px]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px][/SIZE][SIZE=14px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44IEmLZ3L8Q[/SIZE]

9. "The meaning of life is to give life meaning"
    - don't remember

10. You have an interesting flavour to your post, it reminds me of someone else...

11. "The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know. The less you know, the more you think you know."

12. "We are the universe, experiencing itself." 

Think about it.

13. "A Government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take away everything you have."

14. It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

-Mark Twain

15. #3416 4r5t6y7, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    "A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it is not open."

16. "Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are.  It solely relies on what you Think."

-Buddha

17. "Worry is a total waste of time.  It doesn't change things.  All it does is steal your joy and keep you busy doing nothing."

18. "The mind is everything.  What you think is what you become."

-Buddha

19. "Learning Never exhausts the mind."

-Leonardo Da Vinci