~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

2. 🔥

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”

~Socrates~

4. "Turkey bacon smelly bitchesss"

5. "Men always love what is good or what they find good; it is in judging what is good that they go wrong." - JJ Rousseau

6. "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration - that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

7. "Jesus said, 'If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder.
    But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders.
    Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty'."

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406107264.602177.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

10. "If you never ask, the answer is always No."

11. “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.” 

~Edward O. Wilson~

12. "The true function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason." - Blaise Pascal

13. Had this thought while spending a day with my good friend Lucy at boom festival: home is where the mind is and shoes are where the feet are. At which point I discarded my flip flops and spent the rest of my trip barefoot

Sent

14. If I can't see a wall,

Or feel a wall,

Then there's no need put walls

Between us.

~R. Slater~

15. as scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.
    \n-josh billings

16. believe nothing, when you do you distance yourself from any other possibility. and anything is possible

17. "Human emotions are simply the side effects of the disease we know as life."
    -an old friend of mine

🍁🔥💨

18. #3359 LuxTenebris, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    You learn alot when you stop taking sides, and just listen. -Me

There comes a point in everyone's life, where they will be confronted with a question. That question is whether or not they are ready to begin their life. For most, this is not a conscious question, and overwhelmingly, the answer is no. But for those that experience it consciously, overwhelmingly, the answer is yes. This is not a question that allows lies, the answer is always the truth. -Me

19. "Sometimes things work out, other times they don't, reality isn't too forgiving but she'll always be honest"

"Sometimes, there're just aren't enough bowls"