~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. So for instance it becomes clear why space and time and even the properties of matter itself depend on the observer in consciousness. In fact when you take this point of view it even explains why the laws of the universe themselves are fine tuned for the existence of life.
                            ~Robert Lanza

2. "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

~John Kenneth Galbraith~

• Like Like x 3
  3. #3223 TesseLated, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    haha^

Since when has the world of computer  -  software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
                                                                                                ~Bill Gates

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two. ~Buddha

*Pretty interesting..

• Like Like x 2
  4. #3224 yoginibreeze, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    D

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. My typical closing remarks to people:
    "Be sure to move today, there's a reason we are with legs."

Rando thought after toking:
    "I am nothing, and perfectly okay with that. But let's really focus on the major point here... I am."

Quite a romantic statement if looking from a philosophical eye. :)
    "Well you be nothing with me?:)"

"Oh, baby talk dialectic to me.;)"

^^^one of my faves!

~*namaste*~

6. "Id rather sit back want watch nothin happen than grow a pair and lose what could have been"

-I came up with this while I was high. But I'm still high so it might not really be as genius as I think it is right now

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396221595.031572.jpg

“The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them -- words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a tellar but for want of an understanding ear.” Stephen King

• Like Like x 2
    King is my favorite writer by far. I can relate to that thought completely.Sometimes I have alot to say about what  has happened in my life but nothing will do it justice-and people will just think I'm crazy.

This reminded me of a thread I thought about starting earlier..I'm'll see if there's one like it first.  :smoke:

9. Forgiveness is a paradox we may never understand.

10. "The old must pass away. It has served its purpose in the cycles of evolution and must now make way for a new, more expanded and more fruitful manifestation."  ~David Spangler

"It is never a question with any of us of faith or no faith, the question always is: 'In what or in whom do we put our faith?" -Unknown

• Like Like x 1
  11. There is no coming to consciousness without pain. ~Carl Jung

• Like Like x 1
  12. #3232 Boats And Hoes, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    "And surely it is a work well deserving our pains, to make a strict inquiry concerning the first principles of human knowledge..." - George Berkeley

13. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”- Buddha 

14. Yearn for dreams or reach for further ways
    Lye humble amidst the ashes or taste the will to jest aspirations

-Me

15. I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
    ~Galileo

• Like Like x 1
  16. #3236 stevedastoner, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    "got a lotta people that don`t understand me, and some of the realest people i met was thru rollin up some weed" stevedastoner

17. [SIZE=10.5pt]Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.  ~E.A. Poe[/SIZE]

18. paraphrasing here: the greatest ignorance is vanity, and pride, and arrogance.

19. Alcohol never solves any problems. .....

But then again neither does milk.

bat mobile

• Like Like x 1
  20. When in doubt whip it out ! Some guy someware

Sent from your mom's phone.