I Think I Have To Join The Military.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Green Bull, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Unfortunately, the "secret agenda", isn't so secret. It is all about gaining more money and power, if you can name a handful of good things that the military has involved itself with in recent history than go ahead. I mean, maybe you can go to Syria and kill Assad so we replace him with Al Queada, we all saw how well that worked in Lybia. Should only be a matter of time before our embassy gets blown up there if it happens.

2. Why is the natural next step to join the military? This really is just an across-the-pond thing isn't it? I can't wrap my head around the mentality.

I can't really speak for you because I don't know your whole situation. However, first thing I would do is get the fuck out of that poisonous household, any way you can. Living with people who spout negative energy is a massive downer and makes your life seem much bleaker, unbearable and worthless - it's not, it's just them.

You're in education and you have a part time job. That's a good starting point, you don't specify what kind of education but hopefully it's something that will enable you to start pursuing what you want out of life. Do not join the ra-ra bloody military because it's a quick, easy, paid way out - from what I know of relatives and friends who have been through the military is that it quite literally extinguishes you. If you are looking to escape whatever is troubling you right now, that's probably not the way to do it.

I'm several years younger than you and not 'out there in the real world' yet so to speak, so this might sound a bit hypocritical, but you need to take control of your life, stop making excuses and looking for the "easy" way out. We only get one shot at this thing.

3. As I remember, he put down quite a lot of money on the apartment that they wouldn't give back (if this is the guy who I'm thinking of)

4. Simple solution, leave. Right now. If you have a car, go live in that. You have a job? Good, you can still work even though your living out of your car. You just need to find a friend, shelter, creek, fountain, something to do a "whores" bath with/in. Hell, I've washed my hair just using a gallon jug of water.

If shits really that bad, you can leave any time. Material items can be replaced. Don't let them keep you from getting out of a bad situation.

5. I know many people who have joined the military to get away from home. In the end, you get away from home but begin a new life with a new set of problems. If you truly want to change your life, you must find what makes you happy and make it happen. If you are in college, focus on your school work and ignore the negative people around you. Respect your patents no matter what they say or do. Sounds like they have their own set of issues. You must be the bigger person here and not stoop to their level.
    If you want to join the military out of patriotic duty, then by all means go for it. But just remember, the whole point behind the military and and the benefits is that you are willing to give your life for the cause. Just think about that before you make a rash decision. Everything in life has its trade offs.
    I am sending positive vibes your way. Wish you the best. :smoke:

6. Unless you go marines or infantry in the army or medic. Your chances of combat are fairly low. Almost none in most air force jobs. Go air force bro itll straighten you out finacially and have a place to live food and a steady job. And most AF jobs have good real world uses also. I say go for it man keep your head up

7. Joining the military is a cop out

I'm tired of people giving up on figuring life out and just joining the military. The only thing that will happen if you join the military is you'll turn into a mindless asshole who can't think for himself and hides behind a facade of patriotism

8. While I sort of agree, I do think certain military jobs are good careers. For some it's a much more agreeable prospect than working a shitty minimum wage shelf stacking job with no prospects. Personally I'd rather be unemployed than do either, but not everyone has the ability to do that.

9. First off, that is so damn wrong. Your friend is one thing, but your cousin? Damn. :mad:

But I feel you, man. My pops is the same way. He'll freak out over little stuff all the time. You'll just have to put up with their bullshit until you can get out of there. Maybe find a cheap apartment and a room mate?

10. i've got a friend in your situation, although not the same age. he's failing college and has a really unstable family. his mom is dying of MS, constantly in and out of the hospital, and his dad is a raging alcoholic. he's thinking of dropping out and joining the military, then possibly perusing law enforcement after

11. Whatever you say man, something in the world is going to give, and when it does it is not gonna be pretty.

12. So I read all of your posts and whining about your personal problems, and missed the part about what of any value you have to offer to the U.S. military. Just another dumb warm body to jump in front of a bullet?

13. I agree but in that situation itll be so large no ones gonna be safe so atleast ill have a weapon and training. I just wish humans would smarten up and stop fighting each other its so dumb -_-

14. I always thought ganja had this enlightening effect on people, so they see that joining the military is just plain dumb.
    Oh well, I suppose it can't affect brain cells that just aren't present in the user.

15. #35 SammySess, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    Dont join the military. Why is it so easy for people to enroll in the military and get paid than it is to find a decent job? Its crazy. There arent enough jobs and they are always making the military seem so appealing for people who are running out of options.

They want u to sign ur life away because they think ur life has no value, its nothing to them if you die. They dont let people like Obama and other politicians fight the wars they command because their lives are too valuable. That alone is enough to make me think "Fuck the military". Its the same way criminal king pins would rather have ignorant young thugs shoot their enemies than doing it themselves in order to not get caught / harmed.

I think u can find better ways to turn ur life around.

As for your parents, i suggest working towards something u enjoy and making money to move place

16. #36 Green Bull, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    Obviously Your not following close enough, I'm not from the states.
    Go fuck yourself asshole.

17. Don't join the military. Come out west and work on a rig. It will pay way better and you can avoid all of the army's bullshit.

18. Would do that in a second if I had a job lead.

Edit: and a place to stay.

19. Now that is just not nice. I understand now though, I'm sure the Canadian military will be much more concerned about what they can do for you than what you can do for them. :wave: Good luck, eh!

20. trolls trolls trolls, what a great atmosphere of support.