Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

The most horrifying or disturbing book you've ever read?

• Please log in to reply

psilocyberspace

psilocyberspace

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
I've been getting into Stephen King lately. At the moment i'm reading his book "Dolores Claiborne" and it's a good book. Going to read another one of his books later when i'm done with this one.

But i want to read a book that's beyond stephen king's level of horror. I want it to be really disturbing and sick. I want it to shock me.

Suggestions?

BudSmokinSaxman

BudSmokinSaxman

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Stephen King's ' Desperation'
messed me up good. Of coarse I was high while reading most of it, but still!
  • InsertCleverUsernameHere likes this

psilocyberspace

psilocyberspace

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
Thanks mate. My mother got many books by stephen king so i will check with her.
I've seen the movie and i liked it.

Guest_TK 421_*

Guest_TK 421_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
There was a book I read in school titled 'Megabyte' but I can't remember the author. It was really just shocking at the time, because there was some pretty raunchy sex stuff that I did NOT expect. And it was in the Teen Reading section, so that threw me for a loop. I'm sure it would be pretty tame by today's standards.

Cryingduck

Cryingduck

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Definitely check out the book House of Leaves, pretty freaky shit, mind bending etc, kind of hard to understand if you get too baked however but definitely worth the time.
  • million, p00pzbluntz740, DJBlunt420 and 1 other like this

chopnscrew

chopnscrew

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
rosario tijeras. she felt very feal

White Indian

White Indian

Vagrant

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,058 posts
120 Days of Sodom
  • FartSmoke likes this

MrCrispy109

MrCrispy109

• Registered Upgraded
  • 257 posts
1984. It's the only book I have ever read that made me sick to my stomach.
  • WherezMyLighter, TesseLated, Levi508s and 2 others like this

Sam_Spade

Sam_Spade

Captain of the USS Buttocks

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,349 posts

120 Days of Sodom

times two

Made me saw the French Enlightenment in a very different way.
  • FartSmoke likes this

Meursault

Meursault

The Stranger

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,962 posts
Naked Lunch by William S. Borroughs is pretty fucked. Open the book to literally any page at random and you'll immediately see what I mean lmao.
  • dirtydingusus, Netherrip, TrueNirvana and 1 other like this

TheAtmansPath

TheAtmansPath

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,978 posts
Kira-Kira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read this in like 4th grade and stayed home from school crying when i finished it. Fuckin rocked me. I think it was probably the first tragedy book I had read

HealthcareHippy

HealthcareHippy

Recreational User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 937 posts
[attach]1066748[/attach]

Attached Thumbnails

• image-1114188496.jpg

• p00pzbluntz740 likes this

bwood

bwood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,971 posts
inb4 bible

HighOnTheTotem

HighOnTheTotem

My Posts=Quality>Quantity

• Registered Upgraded
  • 494 posts
The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

or, as another person said: 1984 by George Orwell.
  • jablues likes this

Sir Stoner

Sir Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,105 posts
It was a picture book in my dads room but there were pictures of dead children and people being set on fire

HighOnTheTotem

HighOnTheTotem

My Posts=Quality>Quantity

• Registered Upgraded
  • 494 posts

It was a picture book in my dads room but there were pictures of dead children and people being set on fire

What the fuck is wrong with your father?
  • FartSmoke, nonvoco and InsertCleverUsernameHere like this

psilocyberspace

psilocyberspace

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,138 posts

Lol why would he have that?

Sir Stoner

Sir Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,105 posts

Lol why would he have that?

Idk but its an actual published book so my dad aint a murdererrererere

Zera

Zera

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,746 posts

Naked Lunch by William S. Borroughs is pretty fucked. Open the book to literally any page at random and you'll immediately see what I mean lmao.

This. If you want something disturbing, than this is your fucking book right here. Naked Lunch is seriously messed up.
Naked Lunch - Television Tropes & Idioms

Also, all the Demonata books after the third one are so horribly written and stupid as to make me sick to my stomach. The whole series is very gory and is supposed to be horror, but only the first 3 books are any good.
The first two are awesome, both showing a kid discovering the horrible and gruesome worlds of the demons, people being tortured, and a real feeling of lives on the line and believeble fear. I would even go so far as to submit them to your list of disturbing horror. The third was okay, but not as good.

Warning: Bad literature inspired rant
Four and on, don't fucking bother. They are the shittiest shit imaginable. The author falls in love with a dumbass blubbering useless waste of space charachter, turns everyone else into that guy's fawning fanboys and fangirls, removes the demons' teeth, and goes back one his "anyone can die" premise at the beginning (one guy "dies" like 5 times, only for us to discover he was okay after all each time). He systematically destroys everything that was good about the first books and just writes shit. He stopps doing research and writes wildly stupid fight scenes, completely abandons any sense of realisim in ANY of the charachters, and has the mother fucking plot make no sense. I'm going to make the chick whose magic power is her photographic memory forget the important plot point, because if she didn't forget, she'd do something useful, and if she did something useful, then some people might think she's better at something than the main charachter I have a crush on.
HOW THE FUCK does a mary sue this bad get published? How the fuck does a mary sue this bad even exist?
And I read all the way to book 11 hoping they'd get good again.

Edited by Zera, 26 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.

• dirtydingusus, InsertCleverUsernameHere and lexi_bexi like this

AlbinoChick

AlbinoChick

Chiefing Buffalo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 658 posts
Definately the hellbound heart. That book was so fucking disturbing. I highly recommend you read it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users