1k DR150 Sour Kush/Liberty Haze/Tahoe OG/Cherry Pie grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TKAF, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Hello fellow growers and blades and welcome to my grow journal. The basics of my setup are as follows.
    Secret Jardin DR150
    Secret Jardin DR80
    1k watt Hps/Mh
    2 gal pots with House and Garden coco coir.
    Soul synthetics nutrient line.
    The strains I am currently growing: Blackberry kush, Reserva privada sour kush, Liberty Haze, Cherry Pie, Tahoe OG, and Critical Sensi Star,
    Currently two weeks into 12/12, stay tuned for updates.
    Now for the pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    18 gal res with pump and watering wand.
    [​IMG]
    Nutrients, etc.
    [​IMG]
    DR80 switching to 12/12 in 1 week and also setting up a drip feed.
    [​IMG]

2. Subbed. Looking nice man.

3. Damn, I was only second this time.

4. Thanks for your reply's. Everything is looking good so far, I am really enjoying having a res and pump and not hand watering with 1 gallon containers. Even having a good ph meter makes all the difference, no more drops for me. I had a fungus gnat land in my cup of noodles :mad: so I'm gonna try some mosquito dunks. Azamax has not wiped them out completely. I'm sick of seeing them fly around my room.

Here is my tent filled, cramped, grow/bedroom.
    [​IMG]
    My Dr80 currently in veg. I have purchased everything needed to set up a drip system I am still working out the logistics.
    [​IMG]
    Thought I would show off my res and wand again since I am so proud of it, now to water I just plug in my pump check/adjust ph and go.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blackberry Kush 17 days
    [​IMG]

Cherry Pie-I am not 100% sure of the genetics as it came from a dispensary. However it does have the 3 bladed leaves and is a very dark green, also showing more trich production earlier than the RP sour kush from seed.
    [​IMG]

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they won't stretch anymore I only am able to raise the light 6 more inches. :eek:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking :wave:

5. Looks great man, you are going to have a real nice harvest.

6. I hope you are right, the last 2 harvests were plagued by herms. I am no longer growing those strains however and have made some significant changes since then.

7. What strains did have hermie issues with?

8. They were clones purchased from a dispensary, white widow and la con. I don't completely blame the genetics it could have been a number of things that caused them to be stressed.

9. Damn man, you setting off alarms in my head bro. I have had problems with dispensary clones. Tempting genetics and probably even something someone has been working on. but damn, mildew, mites, thrips I am done buying them. Running the last of them now. going to seeds and then my own clones.

10. stupid question but with herms can you cut the pods off before they blow? Is there any way of saving the bud at this point? They just appeared the other day and i am 5 weeks into flowering things look great but.......power went out i was away for a day now.......any help would be nice.
    Your plants look awesome by the way.

11. hey herbal thanks for stopping by. It's not a stupid question. Yes you can and should remove the male parts or "nanners" before they pop open and shed pollen. It could go either way, you may have just a few seeds, you may have bunch. You could also end up with tiny underdeveloped seeds like I have which is honestly the best case scenario.

Garilla, I totally know where you are coming from man my first grow was destroyed by powdery mildew as the clone I bought had it. I got seeds and cloned them but I am also running the last of my purchased clones (cherry pie, tahoe og.) These clones were 15-20$, the herms cost me 10$. I know I'm taking a slight risk but I just had to see what these clones could do. Here's to never running a shady dispensary bought clone again!

12. #12 GarrillaGrower, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    Here! Here! What strains are you considering running from seed?

13. So I am officially infested with fungus gnats. Saw them flying all over the surface of the coco so I drenched it with azamax. While not nearly as bad as say PM, spider mites, or even thrips they are just very annoying. This is a what I have going right now, I never really made it clear. I would love to grow soma seeds lavender in the future.

In my dr150: from seed all fem
    (6) Reserva Privada sour kush (og kush X sour diesel)
    (1) Barney's Farm Liberty Haze (G 13 X Chem Dawg 91)
    (1) Delicious seed's critical X sensi star

Clones (2) cherry pie, (1) tahoe og, (4) blackberry kush-(dj shorts blueberry X afghani) 15 total plants in flower. The blackberry is the only strain I have previously run not a high yielder but I'll let the pics speak for themselves. My 2 freebies sucked one didn't pop and the auto threw pollen. The critical sensi was also a freebie but seems to be okay. If I had another blackberry I would replace it with that. I will post pics of the tahoe and liberty haze next time as they are in my thread title but have yet to make an appearance lol.

bbk in normal lighting
    [​IMG]

blackberry from last harvest
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. That blackberry looks kill. How are you liking the liberty haze?

15. If I had that bud in front of me right now we would not be talkin cause I'd be smokin.

16. thanks bud yeah the blackberry has always had great bag appeal. It's also really good medicine for upset stomach and gives strong munchies. So far so good with the liberty haze it has a nice lemony scent and supposedly has a nice sativa effect, something I don't get to enjoy very often with all the indica dom hybrids being grown these days. I have heard it is tough finding a keeper though.

17. im subbing for this... very sexy

try purchasing some Hot Shot No Pest Strips from Lowes or Home Depot... six dollar a piece and im pretty sure your problem will go away... just hang them from the tent

just do research before purchasing... some don't agree with using chemicals in a grow space, i didn't care and my problems were gone... im a big fan of them now

at any rate... nice grow space, keep up the hard work and we need lots of pictures of really dumb stuff... the devil is in the details and yours is really paying off

18. I hear you man a good sativa high is sooo nice. It's the long flower time that takes the profit put of it that makes it scarce.

19. :wave: thanks, it's great to have you along. I have used the NPS strips in the past and would use them again however my bed is in my grow room. I'm not concerned with the chemicals being around my plants but I got a bad headache once when I inadvertently exhausted the fumes into my room via the attic. If the azamax doesn't do the trick I will put a strip in for a few hours each day while I am not occupying my bedroom, thanks for the suggestion I hadn't thought of it.

20. No sweat man, azamax will stop gnats if you soak the soil with it, just takes a bit of time. Totally organic great stuff, on my shelf always man.