My Indoor Veggies and such

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Mattbo4, Dec 10, 2012.

1. As you can see I have multiple seedlings growing in one cup. Should I be seperating them into they're own cups or leave the grow together?

2. eventually you'll want to seperate them, and preferably before the roots get intertwined so they are disturbed by the movement, that beign said i'd wait until you transplant them to bigger pots with anyway

3. With that said I think I am going to transplant them into seperate cups right now because like you said, I don't want the roots to get intertwined. Then once that happens I'll pick the healthiest ones to keep, just because I only have so much room. Thanks OG.

4. Can you grow grapes in a hydro system???

5. I'm pretty sure you can grow grapes in water...I'm also pretty sure you can grow anything hydroponically. But I'm not sure how that relates to my thread...lol.

But anyway. I seperated the strong ones from the week ones today and gave them female names. I also mixed in a little bit of bone meal in with the MiracleGro that everyone hates. I plan on keeping a lot of the tomatoes because they will go quick in my house since almost everyone eats them, but I plan on weeding out the weaker ones and keeping the stronger ones. And possibly using some of my compost I was working on over the summer. So here are some new pictures.

[​IMG]
    -My small grow box until I get my tent.

[​IMG]
    -Meet Lucy, a golden cherry tomato

[​IMG]
    -This is Tamara, a sweet cherry tomato seedling.

[​IMG]
    -Lola, another golden cherry

[​IMG]
    -And Cara, and yes, another golden cherry.

So as you can see, the golden cherry's are doing well. I need more sweet cherry's to germinate and I would also like to see the basil get a little bigger. And yes they will all have names. Stay tuned!

8. Oh ok.
    I mean, for an experiment, yes, thats cool.
    But see bro, personally I love to eat fruits n veggies but I have no "growing" knowledge or expertise. However, I dream of one day setting up a little hydro system when I get my own place and I know that definetly I want to grow some of those more expensive fruits n veggies instead of buying.
    Best of luck with your grow though. I think that chamomile will be the highlight of the grow. Nothing like sipping a tea of your own grown product
    Good luck with it bro. Keep up the good work. Sorry if I sounded like a dbag at first!

9. a thing you may want to know about grapes, like apples they will never be true to seed, and most seeds planted will yield a less than desirable fruit for eating out of hand - hence why apples and grapes have been so popular for making of alcohol

some think this is bad, but the diversity is extremely important imo and you never know, there may be one seed you plant that yields a super grape thats is DELICIOUS out of hand, but the most important thing is that the genetic code is always changing and pests are contantly forced to relearn the code before they can "unlock" it if you will and harm the plant

10. Really? Dude I dont wanna start a full blown conversation on someone elses thread, but its relevant.
    Wouldnt the hydro-everything is controlled-system make the grapes grow to specification??

11. Yea, I would rather you take your conversastion to another thread, lol. But it's cool. Anyway, everything is looking good. Still don't have a true 4 yet but I'm waiting and you guys will be the first to know. I would like to throw some pics up but my imageshack account is fucking up. So standby and thanks for checking in.

12. #32 Mattbo4, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -Chamomile

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -Basil, looks pretty cool with the purple and green leaves

[​IMG]
    -Green onion, can't wait to see what this looks like when it gets a little bigger

Just some pictures for fun. Got my imageshack account back up and running.

Just a couple more days till I get my tent and light, woohoo, I'm excited to set it up and show you guys!

13. This might be the stupidest question but uhh..

Youre NOT growing those veggies in hydro are u??

Or did I just assume that since the post said "indoor" you were????

*facepalm

14. No not hydro, organic soil, hence they are germinating in soil, Lol. In a grow tent with a 400w HPS and MH. Good question though. Thanks for checking back up Mary.

15. convo taken to pms then. and on topic

i love basil, one of my absolute favorite plants and i love the scent, i only got two of my dark purple opal basils to even germinate this year, and they only got an inch and a half tall lol:(, try again next year i guess

16. Yea man, I've honestly never seen a purple plant grow from seed. It's amazing seeing little purple leaves popping up with the green ones.

Def a little stoned right now, lol.

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving them to my new light today. 400w hps. What light cycle should I use...12/12? I'll be setting up my grow tent later. Pictures soon.

18. Just a quick update. Today I had to say goodbye to the transplanted girls, Cara, Tamara, Lola, and Lucy due to a mold on top of the soil. Not sure why. But I tossed them.

19. were the plants in bad shape?

and btw were you ever planning to move them to a bigger container?

regardless, perhaps covering it with some kind of mulch might help that mold from being such a immediate problem, might get outcompeted by fungal spores in the mulch that may prove more beneficial

all that said it sounds like its all already done but in the future perhaps that will help?

20. Which light cycle should I use and what bulb. I have a 400w MH and 400w HPS? and how close should the light be to the plants?