Rainforest 66 Tent Grow

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Bossdodge187, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Been growing medicinal Cannabis in hydroponics for ten years, figured I would step it up and grow like a pro with this hybrid aero/DWC system. Here is the lowdown on my setup

5 x 5 Dark Room II
    Air cooled Digital 600W HPS
    GH Rainforest 66
    100 CFM Intake Fan
    140 CFM exhaust fan on a charcoal filter
    And most Importantly The ORIGINAL GANGSTER KUSH circa 2000
    plan to grow SCROG. I have seen an almost identical setup yield over 2 lbs so I am excited to see what happens.

2. Been a while since my last update. Got 100% of my girls to root, and they are going pretty good now. Built my screen and uploaded a few pics.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Loss nice man ! I'll hitch a ride here and watch her grow

4. So things are going pretty good now, had some issues with pH creeping too low (5.5), and i had a magnesium deficiency because of the low pH. My dad figured it out, and with the pH at 6.1 the yellow patches are almost gone. Doubled the number of stringers on my screen, and the girls are starting to fill it up, phenomenal growth in the rainforest, with the LST techniques i am employing i gotta go in and bend them down three to four times a day. I expect to switch them to 12/12 on the weekend. As soon as my camera is charged i will post new pics

5. [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

6. Here are some up to date pictures, I bought a small grow tent for my mothers and babies to grow in. It worked out very well as i used the intake fan for my big tent as the exhaust for the small one. Before, for some reason, I had positive pressure in the big tent, and smell was starting to be an issue. By hooking up the fans as i did it put both tents under negative pressure, and my smell issue has dissappeared :) I have a smaller version of the rainforest on the way, so I can propogate aero as well, until then I will do it old school into oasis cubes. At this point the girls in the big tent are just starting week 2 of flowering

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. If anyone is interested the small tent is a Secret Jardin DP90 it measures 2x2x3. It is turned on its side right now as I would prefer to have more vertical space, and everything fits the way I have it. Just gotta fit a small piece of mylar onto the bottom and its good to go

8. Everything looks great man

9. You've got a nice dialed in set up there, boss. Good stuff

10. Thanks man. believe it or not this is my first grow with this setup. I have been growing for over 10 years, but it was just soilless in buckets. It taught me the basics so I figured i would just step it up to something more high tech

11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The start of week 3

12. I also added 4x4ft sunblaster T5HO florescent bulbs with the nanotech reflectors and a 45w LED light. I figure it cant hurt anything

13. Looking good in there bro can't wait to see the finish

14. I wish I trimmed my plants more like this, I'm almost 4 weeks into flowering & I don't want to cut to much

15. Ya, i have seen yours, they look good, but the screen works really well. Gotta start from the getgo tho. The added bonus now, is that I can keep on doing the LST and i have lots of spots that i can tie them down to. I will post fresh pics on sunday. You Guys wont believe what has happened this week, one day i tied a branch down before i went to work and the plant broke the string by the time i got home. As a side note, i never topped or fimmed these plants this is LST in its purist form.

16. So i had noticed a few leaves starting to show signs of magnesium deficiency (again), and the pH of my nutrient solution was always plummiting so i went to the hydro store and talked to an expert, he recommended a product called CalMg+ from the general organics line. It also contains fermented molasses and some biological agents and chelating agents to help the plant absorb calcium and magnesium. I did a nutrient change a day early yesterday to add it in and the plants have already responded. My new rainforest 36 cloner arrived as well, and they have made quite a few changes since my last one, it looks just like the big one now. Cut clones yesterday and put them into it so we will see how long it takes in the redesigned unit, my best time was 3 days before. Pics to follow shortly

17. I did a quick estimate on tops and there are between 60 and 75 tops in there