Dreaming and it's Importance

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DrazyHaze, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Yesterday while driving I was pondering life, society, and spirituality as i frequently do and I made a strange realization.

I play a lot of Starcraft 2 and sometimes have dreams about it. During the dreams I am playing just as I would being awake. Now, it occurred to me that in that dream state me visualizing the game is actually happening.

Not merely just a dream but reality in a different plane. I'm able to play the game in my dream because i know the in and outs of it in my mind, much like other games, or skills i know, etc.

This got me thinking, what if the dream world is simply an alternate plane where our spirits and conscious exists, and during sleep we are actually leaving our bodies to experience this plane.

Much like the physical world is an illusion of our mind, the dream world is another illusion of the mind.

Simply put, maybe the physical realm is here for us as immortal spiritual beings to come and grow our spirits and consciousness so we can better apply it in alternate planes/dimensions.

Of course this is only theory, but dreams are not even slightly understood let alone the brain/conscious as a whole.

There is immense importance to dreams and I believe it is imperative we discover more about dreaming.

Thanks for reading.

Let's discuss

And yea, i realize the title should be its, not it's

2. #2 G4Grassdetta, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    Well when I dream I see it as experiencing my Id in a way that is otherwise impossible. so in a way it is another plane of reality it is a part of yourself that you are otherwise unaware (unless you trip)

I honestly view dreams as a type of psychedelic...my most intense trips are definitely from dreams hands down.

Dreams have also been some life changing experiences for me and I've had premonitions that have been beyond useful.

I feel like dreams show you who you really are...what would you do at your most basic.

For me it's reassuring...the things I believe about myself are often affirmed through dreams :D

Clearly those thoughts are somewhat distinct but I have written lots on dreams and don't want my fingers to fall off again ;)

3. i've had soooooooo many dreams about dead space 2. they're often crazy manipulations of the actual game, but so cool

4. There's no doubt dreaming is important as far as getting a good night's sleep. While most of your time spent is in deep sleep, most dreaming occurs in REM and can be more vividly recalled. I think it's all about the perception of this altered consciousness that can feel like another reality or dimension, but I don't think it actually is.

It's just chemicals in your brain allowing a different way of processing information. Your brain is lambasted with visual, auditory, physical, and emotional information and more throughout a day and while some of it will stay with you the rest is lost in the matrix of your mind until it can rest and process this abstract sensory data. I think dreaming is this process and learning to control it could be very beneficial to a mentally ballanced state. Of course dreams are a mystery and that's the most interesting part.

5. Lucid Dreaming, Astral projection... it is real. Everything is real. You can't experience non-real things.

6. This got me thinking, what if the dream world is simply an alternate plane where our spirits and conscious exists, and during sleep we are actually leaving our bodies to experience this plane.[​IMG]
    polymerclaybeads.org

7. This got me thinking you copied a sentence from the OP and added an unrelated shameless plug.

8. As i've read about people seeing future events in their dreams, so has this happened to me.
    I started taking my dreams more seriously right away

9. That has happened to me as well. It was a strange feeling.

10. I used to see the future in my dreams when i was younger. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. There was only one time when it happened when i was awake and daydreaming.

11. I've only had two explicit premonitions and both were about trivial things that happened much later.

However implicit ones I usually have once or twice a year and are some of the most helpful things ever.

12. The pineal gland releases dmt during sleeping which causes this dream state, now the smoking effects last for about 3-10 mins from what i've seen so far. And this makes me believe that your actual dream is that long as well. Since time doesn't exist in the dmt realms, it seems like you had a dream your whole night. A far as its importance goes, i personally believe that its there so we could link up to the source when our body is resting. It's there so we could exchange information.

13. Theres no scientific evidence the pineal gland can produce dmt but i do believe dreams are glimpses of either parallel universes or a mixture of other versions of us's dreams from parallel universes..ive had lucid dreams especially back when i took lots of **** and have had an obe also which allowed me access to that infinite knowledge