How do you make your eggs?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by jizzledfreq, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I think it's just the way they've been cooked for you. I wasn't a big fan of eggs until I cooked them for myself, THE RIGHT WAY.

Before I remember my mom's X-Husband cooking scrambled eggs for us, he added a "splash" of milk because he insisted it made them "fluffy". It did nothing for the eggs but make them too juicy.

Also a lot of people don't seem to add a little salt and pepper to their food before they cook it. It really makes a big difference in how food tastes.

2. my favorite way is to poach them.

1.get a pot with water, not much cause its for double boiler.
    2.get shallow metal bowl(probably a smaller one is best) to put on the pot of water.
    3.barely fill the bowl with water, add a little bit of white vinegar and some salt and pepper
    4. get the water in the pot boiling and get the water in the bowl like rit under a simmer, somewhere in there. the key is finding the right heat/temp of the water.
    5.crack the egg into the spoon that should be laying in the water(a slotted spoon)
    kinda maneuver it around some until its cooked the way you want it.

its the healthiest way to eat eggs.

3. I've always wanted to try a poached egg, they seem rather difficult to cook, but eggs are relatively cheap.

4. very difficult, but trust the double boil method. when performed correctly you will come out with some very tasty eggs.

some people say just put it straight in a pot with some deeper water, but the shallow metal bowl and the spoon works perfectly. dont forget the vinegar..

5. My dad just uses the microwave poached egg tray..never tried em

6. FINALLY. A thread I can get into.

Overeasy eggs
    Sauteed pepper and onion in olive oil
    sliced avocado
    over wheat toast
    top with red cayenne pepper, pepper, and a lil salt to taste
    grate some nice ass cheese over that shit
    you gotcher selfa breakfas

• Like Like x 2
  7. I eat too much eggs haha. I love them cooked over medium, some yoke but not too much. Scrambled is good though too.

8. Ok this is what i make if i blazed

Ingredients list:
    3-4 eggs (depending on munchie level)
    Two pinches of salt
    Half teaspoon of black pepper
    Thick cut Bacon (if you dont like bacon then you can use ham maybe)
    A jalapeno
    Onion
    Cheese the white kind and the yellow kind

This is what i do, On a non stick pan i cook two strips of thick cut bacon on medium heat i keep an eye on em and flip em when needed we're gonna multi task, while the bacon cooks in a bowl i crack the eggs add salt and pepper, whip the eggs untill everything is mixed together, cut my desired onion amount and a lil more for good measure it looks like less after cooking, i throw it on the pan with the bacon, usually my bacon is done now, so i take the bacon and put it on the cutting board, while it cools i cut a little bit of jalapeno depending how spicy you want it add less or more, a little seems to give it that kick without overpowering everything, i cut it into smaller pieces and add it to the bowl with my eggs, now i stirr the onion and turn off the heat, i cut the bacon into semi small pieces and add it to the bowl, i take the onion out of the thingy and add it to the mix, i dump out the bacon dripping leaving only a small amount idk why i just use it to cook my omlet on it, i put the pan back on the stove and turn the nob to medium, i wait for it to heat back up and then add my mixture, i now turn the heat lower turning the heat up and down when needed
    Now this is the part that decides whether i have an omlet or a burrito, when the omlet looks safe to flip i flip it, if it messes up and gets ruined in the flip then it turns into scrambled eggs and i have a burrito Once its finished cooking i put it on a plate and add shredded cheese ontop the white kind and the yellow kind, i eat it with a glass of chocolate milk

Anyone have tips on how to flip a large omlet succesfully?

9. Crack 3 eggs into bowl.

Add salt, fresh cracked pepper, crystal hot sauce and other various seasonings. (I add a bunch of shit, my girl makes fun of me but that's just how I do lol) And turn the burner up to just a bit over medium

Drop in idk... Maybe a 2 tablespoons of milk. I just free-pour. Gets my eggs fluffy.

Once the pans hot drop those fuckers in and when you see the eggs turn from translucent(ish) to hard yellow start kinda chopping/turning that shit around and add a FAT ASS helping of cheese (mix it up with pepper-jack or gouda) When it's like 5% runny I take em out and put em on the plate. Serve with buttery toast, crispy bacon, and a tall glass of OJ.

Enjoy after a thick spliff.

10. i am a total sucker for dippy eggs but i suck balls at flipping them. but steam is the perfect solution.
    start with a pan that has a lid
    grease it and heat it until water will sizzle on it.
    put your egg in the pan and pour in some water
    quickly put the lid on and wait about a minute.
    if your timing is right you will have an egg with a perfect yolk and the white part cooked. ("

11. Usually scrambled with skim and a slice of cheese. Seasoned with a tiny bit of creole seasoning and pepper.

When I'm making a breakfast sammich I either just use the whites or mix it up like I'm going to scramble them and just let it cook then flip it. Creole and peppah. I don't like sunny side or over easy.

Now I'm craving breakfast.

12. #32 SammySess, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    I also like my eggs PICKLED! If you havent tried making pickled eggs, i suggest you do, it goes GREAT with a cold beer! Some say its an acquired taste though, one of those love it or hate it kind of things.

This is how i do it:

- Boil about 16 eggs
    - Sterilize a large jar
    - Slice some jalapenos, garlic, and beetroot (the kind that comes vacuum sealed already boiled with some juice inside - save the juice in a cup)
    - Place a layer of beetroot, jalapenos, and garlic at the bottom of the jar
    - Place a layer of eggs ontop
    - Place another layer of beetroot etc then eggs and repeat until full
    - Boil the vinegar and pickling spices (bayleaf, peppercorns etc.) for 2 minutes and let it sit until cool.
    - Pour the cool broth into the jar until its 3/4 full.
    - Add water until the jar is full
    - Pour in the beetroot juice you saved from the packet (this will make the broth a deep red color)
    - Add 1-2 table spoons of salt depending on ur taste
    - Close the jar tight

Let it pickle for 5 days and u will have the tastiest purple pickled eggs that should turn out like this:

[​IMG]
    (photo isnt mine but its exactly how it looks like when its done)

YUM

• Like Like x 1

13. eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww:d

14. ^ Going to have to try that.

Over easy is the best, I really don't like the yolks cooked.
    Either that or omelets. I have chickens so I eat eggs all the damn time :p

15. Pickled Eggs are like the BEST thing I've seen in this thread, definitely going to have to make those soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. On weekends I like to make eggs-in-a-basket.
    You need 2 slices of thick bread
    2 eggs
    1 tablespoon of butter
    1 tablespoons softened butter
    Salt
    Pepper
    Any other type of spice, herb, cheese, etc

1. take the two slice of bread and a 2 inch diameter cup and cut the middles out making a hole.

2. Butter the bread.

3. Turn on the skillet/put pan on stove.

4. greese with butter if needed.

5. set to medium heat and Put the bread on and immediatly crack the egg into the holes.

6. Season with salt, pepper, and whatever else tickles your fancy.

7. Flip when ever you think the egg is cooked enough for your liking.(Personaly I keep the yolk runny but fry one side of the egg slightly)

8. season the cooked side.

9. Remove from pan/skillet to plate.

10.(optional) roll a nice dubbie or pack a bowl up and enjoy

Ill update with picks when I make it later this morning :)

17. #37 paleolith, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    1 shallot, 2 chili peppers, 4-6 eggs, at least 10 oz of bratwurst, whatever vegetables i have leftover from whatever I might have made before, butter, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and PLENTY of garlic.

I forgot mushrooms. Gotta have sautéed mushrooms and seared tomatoes with a full breakfast. Plus an avacado sprinkled with sea salt. To drink: some clamato, and a good red ale.

18. Pickled eggs are so dank, man.
    You got your shit figured out!
    :)

19. Scrambled, with LOTS of cheddar cheese, some ham on the side and maple syzzurp in the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scrambled.. salt, pepper, Americacan cheese. Sometimes ketchup if I'm in the mood.

If its an omlette I like Western.. :)