How do you make your eggs?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by jizzledfreq, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I'm no chef but I've really gotten good at making scrambled eggs. Here's how I do it.

Food Items you will need:

1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter (Or cannibutter if you have it)
    2 Eggs per person (unless they request one)
    A pinch of Salt + Pepper

Kitchen Item you will need:

Bowl
    Fork
    Spatula
    Non Stick Pan (If you don't have one use 2 Tablespoons of butter)

1 - Crack your eggs into the bowl, add your salt and pepper, and take your fork and break the yellow parts. Make sure to whip it nice and hard until you see a few bubbles.

2 - Throw the butter into the pan, turn the stove up to medium low to medium (this will be about the 4th-7th tick on the knob) and melt the butter. When the butter if fully melted and bubbling or just turning slightly brown, pour the eggs into the dish.

3 - The eggs should start to firm up instantly, wait a few seconds and push the solid parts that are cooked to the middle of the pan. Keep repeating this process until there is a little liquid on top, flip the mass of eggs over. Wait about 30 seconds, and flip it. 30 more seconds flip that shit, and turn off the heat.

These are how I make my eggs most mornings and they are the best. How do you make your's and what do you think of this recipe.

2. Seems like the pretty run of the mill way to make eggs dude haha, I figured it was going to be something cool!

Try this one. Cut an avocado in half, take the pit out and scoop some of it out. Crack an egg inside and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes (I think its pre-heated 350 but I can't remember.) Throw salt/pepper/whatever other spice you want in there.

Eat with a spoon. It's like a sunny side up egg with avocado underneath. So dank, and damn healthy for ya. :D

3. I don't like eggs. They gross me out, but I eat them all the time because it genuinely bothers me that I hate such a simple breakfast staple.

I like 'em either fried, really well done; or scrambled. Always with plentiful salt and pepper so I can think about things other than eggs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Over easy with toast or scrambled with cheese in them

5. Best scrambled eggs recipe:

I get about 4 eggs, and put them in a small pot straight cracked into the pot on a medium heat with some butter.

I am CONSTANTLY mixing my eggs like a risotto, and never keeping it on the heat constantly, always removing the pot from the heat while still stirring for 30 seconds or so (the eggs will cook perfectly and not be over cooked as there is still heat in the base of the pot without being excessive)

Once the eggs start clumping up i remove the pot from the heat and add a tablespoon of creme fraiche and mix more.

I put a bit of salt and pepper over it once its done, and a small sprinkle of chives sometimes.

sooOOooO good with toast!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omlettes with a shit load of old cheddar and asiago cheese and whatever meat is around. Mix chilli powder and pepper in withthe eggs shits delicious. Goes well with a bowl of course

7. Run of the mill but so delicious! Seems like a lot of people don't know how to cook something so simple though, I've had many scrambled eggs before I cooked my own, and they were pretty gross to be honest.

Sounds like you guys on here know whats up though! :D I've never really liked sunny side up, but I want to try to make a few one of these days, I was a pretty picky eater back in the day, but now I'm a lot more open to new cuisines.

8. mmmm.... i love sunny side down eggs. I don't make them often but when i have a bad day they always perk me up :)

9. Ahh, so you subscribe to the Gordon Ramsay method then. :p

I've been too lazy to try that one just yet. I don't make eggs very often. :poke:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Over easy....white completely cooked, yellow completely runny....

• Like Like x 2

11. That's how my grandma did it, and it's always been my favorite way to eat eggs.

The best part is getting to sop up the runny yolk with buttered toast. :smoking:

• Like Like x 2
  12. For scrambled eggs I mix up 2 eggs, shred pepper jack and cheddar cheese into them. Then I mix it up and put a little milk into it. Pretty simple, but delicious

13. This guy gets it.

14. YES :smoking:

15. i boil em... and then i eat em by hand out of a ziplock baggie

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have to cook my yokes, it's the only way I can eat them. I usually scramble them and serve them on two slices of buttered toast.

Or I will make what I call "eggwhiches".

I crack the egg in the pan and break the yoke so I can fry it up. I fry up two eggs separate from each other, and top the second one with a slice of cheese. Then slap those two bad boys in between some white toast and put some ketchup on it.

17. Chicken babies. Delicious :yummy:

I dont really have a recipe. I just eyeball shit

4 eggs
    Salt
    Pepper
    A dash of garlic powder
    and 2 slices of cheese ripped into little pieces

Mix that shit with a fork

Then get butter for the skillet
    Let the skillet get hot, add butter, let it melt. Then wait till butter is hot and add eggs.
    Runny part no longer runny. mix cheese and eggs around till no longer runny and cheese is melted. Then eat that shit with sausage, bacon, and pancakes. I don't know why I just typed this simple shit, but, eh

Corned beef and hot sauce added to those eggs are bomb as fuck too

18. I usually just eat scrambled..sometimes fried freaks me out,idk why lol
    I scrambled them in a bowl add salt,pepper,garlic & if I'm feeling really spontaneous I throw in some hot sauce or some kind of veg lol (jalapenos,onions,cilantro,tomato,mushrooms,etc)

19. I'll boil them, fry them, make omelettes.. the yolk can't be runny though. Sometimes I like to cut rings out of bell pepper and fry the egg inside of it.

The avocado thing sounds interesting, I might have to try that.

My ex made the best scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, hot sauce and spices.. on hot toast.. yum.

20. Scrambled. Not a big fan of eggs and this way they taste least eggy I think. Shit loads of black pepper.

• Like Like x 2