This music is dark and cold.

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Kiefsweat, Dec 5, 2012.

1. #1 Kiefsweat, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    I am aspiring to write a fuck load of music.

i jsut recorded my first track ever. i play acoustic music. i also have an electric guitar that i will be uploading some tracks with soon.

Im not saying i want to be a genre, or sound like one, but im gathering alot of black metal influences into my creations.

my feelings are dark and seem to be best expressed so.

dont expect anything awesome. or anything really good. in fact i fucking suck at playing since i stopped a couple years back, but this is me comnig back in haha.

any criticism welcome. thanks

http://soundcloud.com/black-soundwaves/intro-take-1

heres take 2
    http://soundcloud.com/black-soundwaves/intro-take-2

2. Heres a new one that i just started on today also.
    its ok
    { }

3. I'm really enjoying these. Good shit, nice and dark. Keep it coming man!
    As Light Drains Away :metal:

I also aspire to create lots of music, dark stuff too. That being said I don't write black metal, I don't really know how to describe it. I find it difficult to write a black metal riff without it sounding like a rip off of someone else. :laughing:

4. see i was always afraid of sounding like someone else but i mean, its not like im trying to sound like someone else, its just how my music comes out.
    also these are like super rough drafts of what the song can really be

man i do really appreciate the love tho thanks dude

5. I get ya. Just keep doing what you're doing, at the end of the day its for you, as a musical outlet. There's always gonna those who compare it to something else and talk shit, so fuck them!
    I've got a bunch of similarly recorded ones from over the past two years - one acoustic sort of stuff. Drafts as you said. A few weeks back I got an interface for the guitar so now I'm going back through them and developing them, it's really fun.
    You got any more stuff?

6. i havnt gotten any more stuff today, i recorded all of this today hahaha

im like 'freestyle' recording you could say. i just turn the mic on and play/sing.
    no editing done to it. 100% raw recording.

tomorow ill be recording some more. i guess ill do some more guitar/vocal stuff cause ive been listening to As light drains away over and over hahah

its soo dope dude

7. I never came in this thread before, because when I read 'dark and cold' I just assumed the furthest things from acoustic.

But I dig it. I dig it a lot. You're good, man. Plenty of emotion, which is hard to get in those instrumentals. I'm a big fan of just raw recording too. Can't wait to hear more.

8. You're really pushing 'em out one after another, eh?

I like that one too. Not as much as some of the others, but if I were in the right mood I think it'd hit me a lot more. Something for newer musicians to take note of too: the spaces (or lack of sound) in a piece are just as important as the actual instrumental part. You can do a lot with silence, as seen here.

9. yea i was trying to capture darkness withinthe silence between the tones. i think i caught some pretty ok idk.
    rite now i need to work on my post production ofthe track when im done with it.
    basially just need to figure out how to turn the volume up on it.

10. #14 Kiefsweat, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  11. yo im gonna be droppin a really dark ambient track tonight!!! its gonna be creepy as shit.

just a heads up.

12. I put that on and then opened up a couple other tabs to surf while I listened, and I guess I forgot that it was playing in the background. Got about 2 minutes into it and started feeling a little uneasy and wasn't sure why.

Those are the sounds I'd expect to hear right before Jason steps out from behind a tree in the woods, machete in hand.

Well played, sir.