• by w0034
  • Dec 05 2012 02:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• w0034
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Greetings! I have a small one from lowes. Cheap, works ok,but it runs through the resevoir too fast. Anyone have a humidifier that is possibly wall mounted, and has a port for water from a cold water feed? That seems like it would be ideal.

Thanks for any suggestions!
w00
Replies (7)

• Feesh

• ohspyro89
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

You could just expand the reservoir.

If you could tap a hose into it's reservoir and connect it to a 5 gallon bucket, it'd work well. You could install a float valve in the 5 gallon bucket also, so you wouldn't have to refill.

• w0034
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Why didn't I think of that..... It would still be nice if it was wall mounted. I could rig that too I guess.

• Rare and Fancy

• shagwells
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

You know, I used to have the same problem with a reservoir that holds about 1.5 gal at a time.. I had to fill it every 16 hours or so and it was so annoying. But can I ask you why you need it? Because for me I started using it to inc. humidity but it was mainly to lower my temps of the canopy by a few degrees. But now I stopped using it after getting a cooltube and the humidity is around 30-35perc average w/o it just from the water in the soil...

• w0034
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I'm at 25-30%. It's cold here now, I'm heating my vegge room to 75-80. I was finding my clones and veggies were not growing like they were in the warmer weather. First year. My humidity was around 45-50% during the spring/summer months, and I'd like to get it at that point now. They just seem to react better in that range.

w00

• STilladelph
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

So I found a humidifier in my moms attick and threw it in my room grow area for 2 days and the tiles on the floor was wet! How humid is too humid?

• w0034
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Get your own thread scrub.

w00

• Feesh

• ohspyro89
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Get your own thread scrub.

w00

Chill out dude, you probably could have learned something.

If there's water on your tile, that's probably too humid. Get a cheap temp/humidity monitor and see what it's at. Too much humidity makes it harder for plants to transpire and essentially cool themselves. Kinda neat haha

Anyways.

I don't think it's a good idea to wall mount a 5 gallon bucket of water and a humidifier. Five gallons of water is 40 pounds, that's a lot of weight.

There may be a better option than trying to retrofit a humidifier. Have you ever considered use an ultrasonic fogger? Here's a link to a cheap one.
Basically, put that in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and grab a cheap pc fan. Mount the fan in the lid and cut another hole in the lid for an intake. You could set it on a timer and figure out timing.

I mean, if you're totally broke.... you're just fucked :smoking:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved