Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question About Soy Lecithin

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by EastBayFire510, Dec 5, 2012.

1. How would I use it when cooking cannabutter? Do I just add it to the brownie mix or do I have to cook it into the cannabutter?

Is it really worth it to use lecithin?

What exact store actually carries Soy Lecithin?

Thanks.

2. Mix it in the butter/weed mixture before cooking. Look at BKS's explanation of how it works in the sticky. Any drug store/vitamin shop should sell it.

And in my opinion it does have a noticeable effect, the most noticeable is that the edible kicks in way quicker, like 20 minutes to start feeling it instead of an hour.

3. I wouldn't get capsules look for granules. I have the GNC granules.

4. I ended up buying GNC Triple Lecithin - 1200 Softgel Capsules, those okay?

5. Capsules are likely to have some sort of filler in them so like someone said before get The granules

• Like Like x 1
  6. Next time for sure, for now it's too late. Will the ones I got still work?

7. Yeah check the ingredient list on the bottle or website and see if there are any dangerous fillers

If not it should be fine

8. High Choline Lecithin 1200 mg

Phosphatidyl Choline (as Soy Lecithin) 420 mg

Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin.

Those are the ingredients I found on the bottle, still safe to cook with?

9. No idea with butter - I use oil, and melt the hash and lecithin in with the oil in a crock pot

I buy from ralphs

I also did not feel edibles; then I added soy lecithin. Now my edibles work without fail, to the point of me passing out (well, to be fair, throwing 10-20 grams hash into a brownie batch is over kill - but even with that ammount I did not get high without lecithin)

10. That's good to hear, considering my hash hasn't been getting me high and I've been putting in 10-15 grams a batch. Hopefully this lecithin works out for me.

11. Can I mix in the lecithin to an already finished cannabutter? I was just thinking about putting the cannabutter back on the crock pot and heating it up with the lecithin for a half hour just to mix it up. Any info on this?

12. ..yes

13. [quote name='"Savagex510"']

That's good to hear, considering my hash hasn't been getting me high and I've been putting in 10-15 grams a batch. Hopefully this lecithin works out for me.[/quote]

10-15 grams of hash per batch?!?

Thats enough for 100+ doses. You need to check your process and method before you think lecithin will help out

14. Not necessarily. I throw up to 20 grams iso into a brownie batch, and 50 grams when I make a ketchup-bottle of oil.

Never felt it without soy lecithin, even though it would totally mess with my friends - they'd get knocked out in an hour or two. I just kept upping the amount in until I realized it was something other than my tolerance keeping me back.

Since eating hemp nuts (omega 6 n 3 fatty acids) and adding in soy lecithin, I went from not feeling but a tiny buzz to stumbling around my house, tripping over my own feet, and passing out in crowds (not at all the desired effect, aside from finally feeling edibles)

15. I get mine at Whole Foods. It's in the herbal supplements section.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. What is the ideal ratio of cannabis, oil and lecithin?

Typically, I use 1 tablespoon of oil for each gram of cannabis. But I've never seen any guideline as to how much lecithin to use. What's is the driving factor, the oil or the cannabis?

17. [quote name='"HighMtnSkier"']What is the ideal ratio of cannabis, oil and lecithin?

Typically, I use 1 tablespoon of oil for each gram of cannabis. But I've never seen any guideline as to how much lecithin to use. What's is the driving factor, the oil or the cannabis?[/quote]

Oil is the factor. I think that its one tbsp per fl oz of oil but that may be wrong. I typically just cover the dish with lecithin. You can put too much and it will upset some peoples stomach tho. I know badkat gives a guideline for it in her cannapharm thread. Check in there to be sure

18. Yeah, I'm not real picky about it.

I did 1 tbsp lecithin to 5 tbsp coconut oil, last time I made caps from an alcohol wash of an oz.

19. So how about some science? Soy lecithin-emulsifier, not enzyme. Can somebody please provide me with facts stating how soy lecithin somehow interacts with liver enzymes, causing the fat to absorb more THC? Current biochemistry knowledge would be able to explain this if it was true.