Inexpensive closet grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by frymaster, Dec 5, 2012.

1. oooooh yeah thats all bad the good thing is that i live near cali and got my mmj rec so i dont worry much i just only have 6 plants cuz thats all im allowed to have but hopefully eveything works out for you

2. I'm in a Med state too, but I let my card lapse because our laws got twisted to shit because our state legislature said fuck you to its own people and did a defacto repeal of out law. Getting my card again cause we can still grow just not for profit and only for a) yourself or b) 3 others excluding yourself.

My main worry though is the crack/coke head that was snooping around my place I'm pretty sure Casing it out.

3. fucken crack heads thing you mention this do you know what look on the security thread and theres this sticky about how to use fake camares to scare thievs from trying to break infound it usefull it might help you out...ask your self this will you break into a place that you think has serveillance cameras..?or at least they look real enought and the thing is they are 7$ each pretty cheap right check it out bro

4. I looked at the security section a little, but didn't see anything about the cameras. A place I worked at a few years ago Wells them for cheap though. Heck maybe I'll get a real one!

5. Well here are some pics. A couple plants are lagging, bit maybe it's just because they have more sativa in them (9 finger leaves) or maybe since I didn't cook my soil they got a bit of a problem. Halfway through week six, supposed to be a 9-10 week plant, si hopefully the good ones will fatten up and the laggards will catch up :) I was hoping for 4oz but I'm thinking it'll be closer to 2- maybe 3. We'll see. And yes, that is my toilet in a couple of those pics. Sorry about the quality, onlyong using a 3.2 MP phone camera.

Attached Files:

6. gorges all i can say and dont worry they will they get fatter in the last week also have you thought about how your going to dry them???

7. I'm not 100% sure yet, it depends. If I just harvest whole plant, I'll just turn off the light and unpack it but keep my filter and fan going. If I do selective harvesting... well honestly I don't have enough room for that. So I'll be making lots of hash. I really want honey oil, I'll look through the threads for a DIY extractor

8. Shoved a 4ft kitchen&bath t-12 shoplight and a 2ft t-5 5500k display light (repurposed) in my closet. Shoulda done it sooner but hey I got it now. When I first started this I was telling myself this would seem like no time at all at the end. And time has really flown since November.

Attached Files:

9. beautifull man they look good to me congrats trust me do selective harvesting those smaller nugs right there wont give you that much trust me ive done this before dont rush it have you been checking it with the microscope?if there ready just cut those nice looking nugs on top i can see the plants towards the back of the foto look bigger and let the smaller nugs grow out for a week or 2 in like 4 days you will see those smaller nugs get bigger and your ganna be happy you did you can chase the plant down like that and you will get more yield and look at it like this while the bigger nugs dry up the smaller nugs grow and then you just trim it and save the trim and make your oil you can even make edibles

10. So... longtime no see guys. My computer died and my phone rarely takes pics, so updating became a hassle. I will said... I learned even more this run than... ever I think. I did make a couple mistakes, mainly heat, which could go as high as 90+ sometimes, and compacted soil. In my infinite wisdom I added lots of worm castings and amendments... but no drainage like perlite.

These are my biggest killers, and I'm sure I have both taken care of now.

Being able to produce your own after buying street weed is a wake up call. It was tough to get started, but once the pay off started, I see how impossible it is for most stoners to get ahead. Prohibition is a form of population control. Pot simply helps some people, it almost is a need. And if you have to pay a lot for a need, there goes your meager paycheck from one of the few places that will hire stoners. Enter the viscous circle. Working a low pay job for a expensive drug.

I yielded somewhere in the ballpark of 4oz, of what I considered low quality stuff (that tasted ok and go you really high), but all my friends loved it- and are trying their own grows now. And since I'm using organics there is no burn/harshness- like at all :) its pretty awesome.

I think the coolest thing about this is that it has let me smoke and save money, as in I feel like I'm living a normal life (I am starting to get stuff that a alcaholic family can afford! Jokes) . And learning about organics is awesome, which lead to me understanding why American is so fuckin un-healthy. C'mon, processed food from McDs will only get you so far before the results burn you... just like growing with Chems. I feel like that may just be more than my opinion... anyways it was fun... that's the take away from this. Making my own dirt/bud/concentrates, learning about light and microorganisms... its cool shit. And I've already invested into a new grow- a legit tent, led supplemental lighting, and some super dank seeds.

Catch ya'll later :)

11. Hey Fry, just browsing the forum and read a good portion of this thread. I've started not long ago and YES, what a great hobby that's so rewarding. I easily got 3.5-4oz each plant of Nirvana Northern light. No turning back now. I also grow budget closet style so thats why I started on your thread. Plants looked good from what I saw, although I thought your leaves were wide like an idica, and the nodes were tight. I mixed some cheap dirt with my FFOF and even with pearlite, my soil was a bit heavy/dense and stayed wetter longer which is not always good for certain nutrient uptake. Glad you caught the bug, keep it up and happy growing.

12. Hey man thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. And I barely got over 4 oz combined, if you're pulling that per plant, you rock man, what's the veg times? And ya, I'm starting to think soil compaction is one of the hardest things to fight with organics. So far I've been adding more and more perlite to my base soil, around %50 perhaps! Finally getting the drainage I desire

13. I vegged for about 6.5 weeks. I had topped and cloned from them, and popular belief is to let the plant recover at least two weeks before switching to flower. I think 4 weeks would be enough though, especially if you don't top or LST. You know your optimal light penetration for a 400w lamp is about 18inches. I also have to keep my light a tad higher due to heat purposes. I really like the results of the topped plant the best. I think if all my plants were the same height and compactness, I could have maximized my light a little better. You are always going to have your soil settle. Fox Farms stuff is pretty airy but that also contributes to it settling more. I basically disturb the surface and add more soil. This also adds more nutes which is usually needed anyway. Roots usually stay about 2 inches below the soil level, but when you add more soil, they will take advantage of the extra room. If by 'organics' you're referring to 'soil' then yes I agree, but if you mean 'organic fertilizers', I wouldn't think that the little amount of fertilizer you add to the soil is contributing that much to soil compaction. I found certain potting soils you buy at the garden store are inherently denser and heavier. The watering schedule went from every 3-4 days to 5-6 days. I was poking holes in the soil, directing fans and letting the surface air out as much as possible. I would contribute some of slowdown due to its life cycle late in flower, but the bugs moved in and tried to establish themselves. Yeah I definately recommend pearlite or vermiculite. Sorry for rambling, but I love everthing weed. lol.