Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possible reasons for false-positive?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HighOnTheHill, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Title says it all, really. Failed a drug test, for probation, despite using the same flushing technique I've used successfully in the past. Need to make every effort to demand a re-test. Makes me feel like a piece of shit, but I got a baby to be born in just 60 days. I'm looking at doing up to 9 months.

I'm thinking of arguing 2nd hand smoke. Won't deny going to a party now and then as a DD. I'm doing well otherwise, have a job, everything is paid up, passed 4 drug tests until now, I live with my fiance and pay the majority of the bills. Soon to be a father.. My being in jail places undue hardships on my family, and if my levels were tested VERY low, my going to party as DD story should hold water.

I was clean for 2 months, and then smoked 2 grams after taking my initial drug test (which came back dilluted, even though I did no flushing technique). Was clean for 11 days before re-taking my test, which just came back positive, despite using a proven flushing technique. So I don't think the levels should be too high at all.

2. Ibuprofen, naproxen, and promethazine can give false positives. In that case I think they just do some spectroscopy though to confirm. I heard hemp seed oil and riboflavin could give false positives as well, but not sure. Certain medical conditions apparently could theoretically give false positives like a kidney infection, liver disease, and diabetes. I think all of the things I listed could be checked out though.

3. Sounds like you got your priorities straight..... I can't smoke for 4 months, so I havnt been smoking, its that easy

4. They aren't stupid. Second hand smoke won't cause a false positive and they know it.

5. Demand a retest.

Psyche

6. I've smoked an 8th in this past 18 months. I don't even want to hear it. I smoke a joint after I take a drug test to celebrate since they're always 4-6 months apart. One came back diluted and I had to re-take. I fucked myself, I know.

If you think anything you can say can make me feel worse than I already do, you're wrong.

And after quick research, I did confirm second hand smoke doesn't result in false positives. I didn't know this. This is why I came here, to find a plausible possible argument that would allow me to get a re-test. I do not know why the flushing method did not work this time, when I've used it successfully in the past. I'd rather give the flushing method another opportunity to come through, than give up already.

7. #7 HighOnTheHill, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't mention, the reason I ask about what could cause false positives, is because I believe this may actually be a false-positive. I have a high metabolism, and being already clean and only smoking a gram, I should be clean within 3 days.

I experimented with home-lab drug test kids that you send the results to their lab for testing. I tested clean 5 days after smoking a blunt - I had 11 days this time. My flushing method works. It worked for my home-lab kit and the entire time I was on probation a few years ago, with heavy use throughout the whole term of my probation. Why would it suddenly not work this time, even after being clean, and smoking a very minimal amount with a decent amount of time between smoking and the test? I think a false positive is a very real possibility here.

I see that OTC medications are can give false positives. Not sure how legitimate the source is, but it confirms Ibuprofen can cause false-positives. I've been taking 4-6 daily for a persistent toothache. Need to see a dentist about it before it needs to get yanked. If the lab keeps samples, they could possibly re-test it. If that's the best chance I got, I'll take it.

8. Whatever "method" you have to attempt to flush THC from your system probably isn't reliable like all the others, time is the only way to get clean

9. Yes, it's the only way to get clean, but there are tried and true dilution methods that work. There are many, many testimonials on various forums of success stories, and I have at least a dozen myself.

No, it's not 100%. But pretty damn close. I'm hoping the odds will play in my favor and there's an explanation for the positive result that's something other than a legitimate positive result.

I just want a re-test, guys. I understand getting clean is the only way to be clean, which is why I've rarely smoked at all over this past 1.5 yr. If I can find a good reason to get re-tested, and put my faith once again on the flushing method that currently has a roughly 14-1-1 record (the final 1 being a dilute) in my personal experiences as opposed to accepting a positive result and going to jail.

So, is ibuprofen a plausible reason? Is that information outdated? I haven't found any real sources, yet. Yahoo answers is not an acceptable source for me :p I intend to show up to my meeting knowledgeable on the subject. Remember, I didn't smoke. I'm innocent, and therefore I'm upset. I need to provide an argument that can convince her of the possibility that I really did not smoke.

10. You failed because you smoked. Shouldnt of smoked wouldnt fail... You have a child coming use your head. Why even risk?? If you get locked up you'll learn a lesson.