Storing my buds/budder/bho/hash for 2 years?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TokerDan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hey GC. I'm finally getting my med grow together, and itll be up and running in less than 2 months. Sadly with my new job I'm getting tested randomly (bout 4 times a year), also when injured on job site, starting with my initial urinary test in a month... I live in The Great Lake Medical state of Michigan, But i'm pretty sure it doesnt matter that I have my card, regardless I need to be able to pass that urinary... So is the life of the gas/oil pipeline. *sigh* But I figured, 'what the hell', might aswell grow some mad amounts of weight, store it, and when this job ends (after 2 years) Ill smoke myself silly for a while, then continue with another location after I've had a little stoning fun :] Sooooo this leads me to my thread label! I need to be able to store my "shit" solidly for 2 years... I may go into the stashes here and there, not for me, but mainly it'll just be chillin. What would be my best options for this long term storage?
    For Hash.
    For Bud.
    For BHO.
    For budder.
    I suppose Ill have some keif.. So For kief too
    I'm obviously going to have to store them at the right time, and with enough of a seal to not diminish potency ( atleast not too much.. i understand it'll lose some, but I know either way this shit will get me blazed as all hell with my complete '0 tolerance') Also I don't want it getting moldy while its storing.. that would be such a fucking waste. I've seen here and there some threads on storage, but not necissarily all these forms, and for such a long period of time.
    All input will help, try to keep it positive.
    Wish I didn't have to quit something that helps me so much.. But I need the money.. Fucking business anticts. Hate em... I guess for my second job site, Ill have to see about relocating to colorado. :)

2. bud is still illigal under federal law and therefore even if you live in colorado, that doesnt give you the right to smoke when it comes to jobs and drug testing, i dont know much bout storage, id say in an air tight mason jar somewhere cool like a basement would be the best, i keep my bud in mason jars and so far its kept good, ive had my bud in a mason jar for about 2-3 months

3. #3 Bongsauce, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    yep just glass jar should work out fine. Just make sure to use new ones with a fresh rubber seal...ya know, the canning type jars. Make sure the bud isn't at all moist or squishy...if you want to get technical..about 55% humidity (in the jar) is about right. Basically though if the weed will break up easily and smoke well in a joint (not too sticky or moist) then it should be fine for long term storage. You should open it if you can from time to time..and check on it though. The way I check on mine aka 'purge' the jars...is to just open em up and take a big smell of them...this will not only let you smell them to make sure there's no mold...it will also cycle all the air in the jar.

The refrigerator or freezer can help too...but I don't use that method cuz I worry about any condensation forming inside if they happen to change temps quickly. Same with my seeds.

What will keep reallly well is ISO. I have jars lying around from different batches that are years old..still smell and taste delicious.

4. I was thinking of buying a chest freezer dedicated strictly to my MJ products. Anyone see downsides? How could you prevent possible condensation?... Also I don't really like ISO as much as most others do. I've made it plenty times. Different ways. Used it mainly for my doobies. Lather it all nice on the inside, break my buds , pack it, roll it, burns longer than a blunt, has. Nice buzz. But not one I enjoy as much as other concentrates/delicates. Good suggestion tho. I've stored that shit for months and months in the past.

5. Idk about refrigerating it, i think a cool basement is enough, keep em out of light also

6. Gas and oil pipe line? You mean you work for one of those company using eminent domain to take the land used to build that pipe line on? You work for a criminal organization and they want you to take a piss test? Just wow.

And shatter/wax/oil will keep for years if properly made. Hash/budder/honeycomb will not keep for extended tiome as they are unstable and degrading to fast to store for long times.

7. #7 TokerDan, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Baha! No. For a company that helps in pre-building of pipeline stations. Not a criminal organization. Clearing contaminated soil, cleaning out old oil tanks. Thanks to this company I can get to the point where I want to be ,financially, in my life. Known widespread for their amazing work. Its More on the environmental side of the pipeline business. We get contracted, bust our ass, do our job, and go to the next. Anyways back on subject. Really, hash won't keep for 2 years? I was looking forward to whipping up some full melt for storage.

Btw I love your honey oil tut, stustuf. And with no doubt it's what I'll be using to produce my product :)very very high compliments on that! I don't think even poo bear could handle your shit!

8. If I was you find average time for the grow your looking. Wait till its that much time plus a month before your job ends to start growing. No storing needed

9. Glad to here its the good side of the oil industry.:)

Even hash has oxygen and water in it in small amounts and thus will brake down. A dehydrated hash may keep for a year but i would not chance it.

For long term storage I want to be able to see through it. That way I know there is nothing unwanted in it. For this I prefer a non activated pull snap wax.

10. So I'd be doing a different process from your bho?

11. Where's the fun in that? Cultivating isn't just to get greens for me to toke, it's an everyday hobby. Wether I can smoke or not, I enjoy every bit.