Post a random piece of information.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tokinbud420, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I was once a "trier of the licking of the elbow" and was I sad enough to look it up, so when this has been brought up in the past I am that "guy" who has to explain it can be done but I can't do it

2. The US makes a loss of approximately $105 million every year from minting cents as nickels, due to the raw materials costing them more than the face value

3. The hickeys on Rizzo (Stockard Channing) in the movie Grease were real and actually from Kenickie (Jeff Conaway), at his insistence.

4. The song "Look at me, I'm Sandra-Dee" in Grease had to be updated from the theater musical since most of the men mentioned in it had passed away already. They used newer stars like Elvis Presley and Troy Donahue. The thing is, the day they filmed this scene, Elvis Presley died.

I know a lot of facts about Grease....

5. If you leave your boat plug out and are taking on water, you can take off full blast and all the water will be sucked out of the boat.

6. I've heard that but have never tried it. Not sure if it's "sucked" out, but it will collect in the rear and probably drain out because of the forward momentum, which also raises the bow, making the stern the lowest point.

Although I haven't had my boat out since 2011, I have NEVER forgotten to put the bilge plug in. [​IMG]

7. if you drive your car into a pole you will crash. true story

8. I work on the water and we put our bilge plugs in from the inside so that we can pull them out. I haven't bailed out a boat since an old timer showed me that trick. I think the force of motion shoves the water out of the drain, you would be surprised how fast it will drain several gallons of water.

9. I kinda want one..

10. Sounds to me like the venturi effect from the relative velocity of the underlying fluid past the hole.

11. It empties much faster under way than it would just sitting on a trailer draining. I will let the guys know tomorrow that it is just the "venturi effect", should be a showstopper [​IMG]

12. Yes, could be that too.

But I think on my boat (a 12' jet boat) when planing, the bilge plug is at least a couple of inches above the outside water level. But going by memory from 2011 here. :(

13. Just smoked a FAT blunt of my shifted burnt stash. Mix of regs and danks. I think this is the highest I've gotten off a blunt in a long time.

14. it was a melon zigzag too if anyone wanders.

15. Descartes the french mathematician had a theory that monkeys and apes could talk.but kept quiet in case they were made to work.

16. Is this theory tested or will I have to take your word on this one?

17. When you forget to dump the water outta the bong and then put it in your knapsack like a fucking moron, it just might fuck up a lotta shit with a lotta stinky and then you will almost assuredly say "FUCK!!!!"..

18. Acidic solutions are comprised of just water and salt

19. This is wildly wrong, sorry man. Acidic solutions are an acid, such as Hydrochloric acid, mixed with water. HCl isn't a salt and no other acids are

20. Everyone wants more money for their job but no one can do their job to begin with.

Sml

-Yuri