Post a random piece of information.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tokinbud420, Dec 3, 2012.

Still not sure?

lol

2. When you perceive something, you alter it.

3. Who are you mad at?  Me? Or yourself?

4. there are 1,048,576 available rows in an excel spreadsheet and the last column is labeled XFD

time to vape bitches

Attached Files:

5. #1386 левша, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    Apparently we swallow 1-7 spiders per year in our sleep... Though it is unlikely so many, it is possible

6. It's not in our sleep, that's a bit dishonest. We consume spiders and insects in our food, especially beans and nuts.

7. I call bullshit on this commonly stated 'fact'. Why would a spider want to crawl into our mouths? Assuming we even sleep with our mouths that gaping anyhow. What motivation does it have to do so? It seems like it would be a place to avoid, with constant wind from us inhaling and exhaling, possibly with a moving mouth or person as well, humid, hot, potentially smelly (I'm not sure if spiders can smell like humans do, can anybody fill me in?), too small to be a good place to build a web, typically not a good place to find food, etc.

Then, it would have to actually sit there long enough to be swallowed, which seems rather dumb of them, and be able to trigger your swallowing reflex, since most people don't usually swallow often in their sleep, hence why we sometimes drool! And we'd have to sleep through unintentionally swallowing a moving and potentially decent-sized creature. It all just seems pretty unlikely.

8. #1389 левша, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Well I'm a bit skeptical towards it also. But I hold an extreme fear of spiders in a weird way. Idk it was interesting because I actually haven't heard it before. Anyway, I understand what you and sheldon say, but, is it impossible for it to happen? That I doubt highly. Though what is stated is exaggerated.
    Edit: spiders can get pretty small btw

9. You're right, I suppose that it could be possible, but if so it'd have to be a retarded or suicidal spider :laughing: it seems to be one of those go-to 'fun facts' people share in my experience, like the, "we only use 10% of our brains," thing.

I'm trying to learn more about spiders, it's helped me to overcome my fears of them :) I still have a lot to learn, and still a bit of fear to get over as well, particularly regarding black widows. But being able to identify ones I see commonly and knowing a little bit about them I think has helped me a lot.

10. That info would be very useful to me as well. Here in Florida there are quite a wide range of creepy crawlies. Bugs tend to foil nature a bit for myself. Fuckers. I have a love hate thing going with insectoids lol. Anyway, you are right as well, about the spiders not having any sense to go inside a man/womans mouth, but shit happens :)

11. The average person swallows ZERO spiders per year.  However, the average person does consume several pounds of insects a month while awake.

Spiders have a sophisticated brain, the instant they touch you, they know you're a living being, even if you're not moving.

Go ahead and try this for proof, if you dont wish to take me for my word:  If you see a spider, put your hand down in front of it, and see if it will climb on. (of course if you use a jumping spider, this is useless, as they tend to be curious about humans)

Unless forced onto your hand, it will freak out or stop the instant it touches you.  

How do they know?  They have sensory organs called 'Trichobothriae', which are extremely sensitive to air-flow and vibrations, as well as chemoreceptors on their feet and pedipalps.  They can smell the scent of mammals, their worst enemies.

12. Reading novels is an effective way of familiarising oneself with life experiences without having to actively go out and experience these things for yourself. Whilst reading you share in the adventure, thought processes, successes and failures of another (though fictional) human being, but much faster than it would take to physically do; books allow you to experience far more than one person is physically capable of doing personally in their lifetime. This allows the reader to become a more rounded and mature individual, and also provides them with the tools to empathise with people that think differently than themselves.

Supposedly.

I don't know this as a matter of fact... I just like to read.

13. It was 50 below zero F in a town in Siberia for the first time this season. It often gets 70-75 below there in the dead of winter, but minus 50 this early is a bit unusual.

Scroll down to "state lows" on the left side.

14. BASEDGOD LOVES YOU

15. THERE IS NO GOD

16. The Koch brothers reportedly spent an estimated $216 million on the recent election cycle.

17. Is anyone having problems with the "Quote" button below posts not working?