Medical Marijuana in Illinois

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Smoke Treees, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Yep its true I just read it .

Congratulations!

2. ""“As Nelson Mandela once said, ‘Our human compassion binds us the one to the other – not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.' Over the years, I've been moved by the brave patients and veterans who are fighting terrible illnesses. They need and deserve pain relief. This new [medical marijuana] law will provide that relief and help eligible patients ease their suffering…”
    – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, this morning.
    \nNow if they can find enough compassion to allow cannabis to be used for all it is good for instead of forcing people to take big pharmacy's poisons I would be impressed,,it will be some day because it will be legal and anybody can treat themselves without getting a second opinion from a politician. 

3.  The tail bone is a bone. The spinal cord is a giant nerve that runs through the spinal column. The discs are a cartiladge like disc that seperates the back bones from each other. 

4. Was that really that unexpected though? There's always a process and paperwork that these things have to go through before they can do anything. Just chill for now.

5. I figured it would take awhile, but still I'm curious what kind of implementation we'll see before the sunset provision takes effect. On the one hand, a delay might be favorable as dbags won't have time to find loopholes and exploit the system, but then people have to wait. If it gets implemented relatively soon and there are no issues, we can argue that the system works well and serves the state better than prohibition. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what the opposition comes up with.