How much will a 600w grow raise my electricity bill?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TokeWithPassion, Dec 2, 2012.

1. How much will a 600w grow raise my electricity bill?

Also, will one 600w light work for two plants?

2. Not much. Even my 1000 watter only raised it about 20 bucks. And yeah if you only did 2 plants that's kind of a waste of a light. Id do at least 4.

3. [quote name='"TokeWithPassion"']How much will a 600w grow raise my electricity bill?

Also, will one 600w light work for two plants?[/quote]

Check ya electric bill it shows you how much you get charged per watt then do the math

4. You take Price per kilowatt hour. Let's say it's 10 cents just for reference.
    First a 600W uses .6 KW hours each hour.

So take .6 (KWH) X .10 (price per KWH) X 18 (hours veg time) X 30 (days in month) = $32.40 for each month of Veg.

.6 (KWH) X .10 (price per KWH) X 12 (hours flower time) X 60 days = $43.20 (or $21.60 per month)

Price will change depending on your price per KWH and veg time though. Round about, that's what you'll be looking at.

5. Here is a calculator

Costs Calculator

Find out how much your electricity company is charging a kWh and you can have an accurate cost per month.

I think for a 600w you're looking at around $22-$28 per month while you're light is on 18/6 cycle and then $15-$19 a month once you switch to 12/12

6. Depending on where you leave.. New York or Myanus, Colorado makes a lot of difference and 600w would probably be enough for 7-8

7. My power went up about $25 or $30 running a 600w and fans on 20/4. We have cheap electric though.

600w will grow two plants very well. You could add more if you wanted, or stick with two and scrog and/or top for huge plants.

8. Yeah... In my closet grow first time around, it cost me $400 for 4 1/2 month :(
    Went up about 200 from the usual, but that is expensive ass Los Angeles